Ending Tebow Time: Postgame Thread

The Hoodie

Let's make it 5!
Reaction score
Before I post my analysis, I'd like to grace everyone with a picture that sums up the game IMO.

AP120114158427--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg

what an awesome win truly a 60 minute effort from the whole team, TFB was in full playoff form and the defense was outstanding

The game was almost perfect. I mean, after the struggles the D had would you have thought that the points the Broncos scored came only off turnovers? I'm ecstatic!

The defense was flat out amazing. Considering what it's been for most of the year. Did I hear the announcer say that was some kind of playoff record for Tackles For Loss? Our guys <strike>pitched a tent</strike>, I mean, camped out in their backfield. I can't remember a pass rush in any game from any team that was that dominating before, and that includes the SB that shall not be mentioned.

Tim Tebow is the talk of the town and has been for the last few months. He rose above the occasion to get close victory after close victory. Some said he was unstoppable, some said he was directly influenced by God or some even said he was God himself. He was on a roll and most importantly, he got people to believe in him. His team mates believed in him, his coaches, his fans. And after a while, even one of his biggest doubters, John Elway believed in him.

Then, the Patriots came around and some, including myself, marked it as a loss. It looked like it could be--with Tebow's late game miracles mixed with the Denver curse, it had to be a loss, right? Wrong. Blow out.

I was indifferent about facing Denver but was definitely cheering loudly after Denver beat Pittsburgh in overtime. The week of Tebow was in full swing--report after report, including your one hour specials about him. Everyone was talking about Tim Tebow and not so much the Patriots and Tom Brady's offense, only that the Pats haven't won anything since the 07 season.

The game: This game was a great game by the team on all sides of the ball. It's appropriate also, because during the season we all said that the 1st Broncos game was most complete game in a while. Yet, they come out and prove us all wrong again. There were no slow starts on offense, ST, or defense and they came out with all guns blazing. The Patriots 1st drive on offense was probably the best opening drive we've seen from them all season. Incredible execution.

There were questions about the defense but I personally was not worried about them, and as the game went on we learned that we didn't really need to worry. The defense was very consistent and dicplined throughout the game. Most of all, the coaching was excellent. The defensive gameplan was a very good one---Pittsburgh should have been taking notes. We saw lots of 3-4 and the backers filled the gaps appropriately. The only issue I had with the defense was that Tebow was often flushed to his left side and not his right, but otherwise they played a great game. The defense played with an intensity we haven't seen in a while. They played with a purpose and we all saw it.

It was great to see Chung and Spikes back, and the linebackers did a great job to help force all of the negative yardage plays. Rob Ninkovich had his best game of the season, and perhaps even as a Patriot. He was able to set the edge and disrupt the plays. He probably only had 1 or 2 missed tackles, and the forced fumble lifted the team up. Ninkovich was incredible and I can't say enough positive about him. Also, the secondary was also good. McCourty was rotated at S and CB and he didn't give up big plays that mattered. Overall the best game we've seen from the LBs and the DL, I'd say.

Great job containing the option. They kept running it and it was seemed that the Broncos only had option plays in their playbook.

Gronkowski was a beast, Hernandez was also great. I noticed early on that Denver didn't really do their homework against NE because Hernandez was lined up in the backfield several times during the 1st meeting and there was no adjustment to it at all by them.

Once again, the Broncos were out coached and it was much more evident this time around.

In conclusion, a good 4 quarters game by this team. Hopefully we're sending a message to Houston/Baltimore. Obviously those are better defenses, but this team seems very confident in their abilities. I'm glad we don't have to hear about Tebowmania too much now, and we don't have to hear about the Patriots losing 3 straight. I hope now we can move on and play great for the AFCCG. I hate looking forward to the SB, but I like out chances a lot better than before. Thanks for reading. Go Pats.

You're forgetting the really important question.

Were TG's feet warm?

:coffee:

Just heard on a Patriots postgame radio show that Aaron Hernandez addressed reporters after suffering a head injury and said that he's alright.

Take away the INT and that was a perfect TFB performance.

Also loving Chung + Spikes being healthy.

Next week?
Cant wait.

Take away the INT and that was a perfect TFB performance.

Also loving Chung + Spikes being healthy.

Next week?
Cant wait.

Definitely. Realistically I'd like to play Baltimore over Houston because at least BAL doesn't have someone like Andre Johnson to worry about.

We're forgetting the true difference-maker here, guys. It's my boy, Chad Ochocinco!

He played a whopping 1 snap!

Here are Reiss' 3 up 3 down. You'll notice that there's no one listed under "down".

Up
Tom Brady
-- Quarterback starts fast, sails an interception on the third drive and is almost picked on the fourth march, before stepping on the gas pedal and igniting the Patriots' charge. His six touchdown passes ties an NFL playoff record.

Defensive front-7 & pass rush -- After some early struggles against the run, the unit settles down and holds the Broncos in check, and then delivers some consistent pressure in obvious passing situations. Defensive end/outside linebacker Mark Anderson plays big.

Rob Gronkowski/Aaron Hernandez -- Can't talk about one tight end without the other. Gronkowski is a beast, his three first-half touchdown receptions tying the NFL postseason record, while Hernandez's versatility helps the Patriots play fast in a 3 WR/2 TE package in which he's used across the formation and comes up with some big catches and runs.

Zoltan Mesko -- Punter delivers one of the unsung plays of the game in the second quarter, with a punt that rolled out of bounds at the 5. After a three-and-out, the Patriots work on a shorter field and score a touchdown to go up 21-7 and never look back.

Rob Ninkovich -- A Mike Vrabel-type performance. The outside linebacker/defensive end has a strip sack early that sets up a touchdown as the Patriots go up 14-0. He also drops Willis McGahee for a 2-yard loss, consistently plays the option well in showing discipline, and later adds a half-sack.

Offensive line -- Blockers up front often have little help as the Patriots go up-tempo with the 3 WR/2 TE package and they win the battle up front, giving Tom Brady the time to throw. When Brady has time, he is often lethal.

NOTE: Rookie running back Stevan Ridley, who lost a third-quarter fumble, is spared a spot in the "down" category based on the overwhelming result. Patrick Chung's unneccesary roughness penalty in the third quarter also is "overlooked" based on the large margin of victory.

No LOVE for Love kicking total ass out there tonight?? :)

WOOT WOOT defense great job.

I love Tim Tebow.what a great kid but AWFUL quarterback.

ELATION! Can sit back and watch the games tomorrow.

Any weather predictions for next week yet? My boots will keep me plenty warm.;)

Rob Ninkovich -- A Mike Vrabel-type performance. The outside linebacker/defensive end has a strip sack early that sets up a touchdown as the Patriots go up 14-0. He also drops Willis McGahee for a 2-yard loss, consistently plays the option well in showing discipline, and later adds a half-sack.

Now the just need to start giving him some TD receptions. :D

Definitely. Realistically I'd like to play Baltimore over Houston because at least BAL doesn't have someone like Andre Johnson to worry about.

We're forgetting the true difference-maker here, guys. It's my boy, Chad Ochocinco!

He played a whopping 1 snap!

I dont understand why they are not using him at all. I know he has been pretty crappy this season but when you're up by 30 odd points doesn't it make sense giving him a run? Or why not?

I was also extremely impressed with Sterling Moore. What a gem!

I dont understand why they are not using him at all. I know he has been pretty crappy this season but when you're up by 30 odd points doesn't it make sense giving him a run? Or why not?

I was also extremely impressed with Sterling Moore. What a gem!

Also confused as to why the High top fade and Slater went in the game on offense over Chad. A bit strange that he played just 1 snap.

Sterling definitely looks more comfortable at CB than at S. He has been solid.

Tebow throws the football like a baseball. I finally pegged what has been bothering me about it.

Back