• I am a female and DO generally fall in love with 1 or more character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am a male and no NOT fall in love with a character

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I am a male and generally DO fall in love with a character

• I overestimated the number of options necessary to complete the pole

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 'falling in love' is a bit strong of a term, but I do get emotionally vested in good characters

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Car chases, explosions, and T&A. No emotion other than "F YEAH, DUDE, HIGH-5!"

• Total voters

TomWaits & you

Reaction score
This is based on the recent spate of 50-ft cartoon women that, evidently, the MM+ of PP find irresistable.

As in real life, most of the time, when I watch a movie I inevitably fall in love with one or more of the female characters. Within those 75-180 minutes, faces, figures, faults, fears, and fun make me want to (etc.). I'm a hopeless romantic mired in fantastical imagination.

Anyway, for yourselves?

Pole coming. :coffee:

I am uncreative. All I know is that it's some a*hole with a lot of money that probably thinks he's better than me and he's just pretending to be something he's not with a bunch of people watching him.

Unless I just want to do unrespectable things with above said mentioned. Then I don't care. :)

I'm in love with Angelina Jolie

I am uncreative. All I know is that it's some a*hole with a lot of money that probably thinks he's better than me and he's just pretending to be something he's not with a bunch of people watching him.

Unless I just want to do unrespectable things with above said mentioned. Then I don't care. :)

But...but...

some of the best movies on Earth were made for peanuts, by people who made on it less than you now make Nurse Jh. Pretending to be something they're not is an affliction that affects 98% of the American population. Those 2% that get to do it professionally, I'm guessing, allows them to be them in real life. That should be worth something, no? (check out a movie called Wendy and Lucy )

But, yeah, you're probably right. Bummer. I'm not as hardened as you. :sulk:

BTW: Congrats on becoming a nurse! I just read another thread where you gave excellent advise. You took that shit to heart, huh? You know your stuff. Good job. You kick ass, you know that, right?

But...but...

some of the best movies on Earth were made for peanuts, by people who made on it less than you now make Nurse Jh. Pretending to be something they're not is an affliction that affects 98% of the American population. Those 2% that get to do it professionally, I'm guessing, allows them to be them in real life. That should be worth something, no? (check out a movie called Wendy and Lucy )

But, yeah, you're probably right. Bummer. I'm not as hardened as you. :sulk:

BTW: Congrats on becoming a nurse! I just read another thread where you gave excellent advise. You took that shit to heart, huh? You know your stuff. Good job. You kick ass, you know that, right?

Lol, I'm still a baby nurse. I get to do all the hard work but without the pay. I have to graduate and then take my boards, and then I can make money. There is still about a year left before all of that is done! Ah well. It's worth it :)

Not that I'm hardened, I'm just uncreative. It's a curse, lol.

Lol, I'm still a baby nurse. I get to do all the hard work but without the pay. I have to graduate and then take my boards, and then I can make money. There is still about a year left before all of that is done! Ah well. It's worth it :)

Not that I'm hardened, I'm just uncreative. It's a curse, lol.

So, are you currently a LPN attempting an RN? Cuz LPN's still make ok money.

So, are you currently a LPN attempting an RN? Cuz LPN's still make ok money.

It's LVN where I live. The RN program was takes forever to get into, so I'm doing LVN first. Actually, it's probably the better program. My instructors are some amazing women that have over 200 years experience combined. They don't believe in the "nurses eat their young" philosphy that most RN's do.

I can transition into the RN program once I have my license, and then it is only 2 more terms to graduate that program. It's kinda retarded- we use the same books as them, have to have all the knowledge as them (pretty much as much as a physician), but we don't get paid as much. But I can work my "real" job as an LVN and then do per diem and registry shifts on my off days and still make about $75k a year.

We can do pretty much everything but run a floor, make "official" assessments, pronounce someone dead, and push drugs through an IV. But we have to be able to know everything about it. My instructor has special permission from the state board of CA to give us a phlebotomy and IV therapy classes before we have our license in hand. This woman is a rock star and gets calls pretty much every day of DON postions all over the country with 6 figure salaries that she turns down because she'd rather make sure she does her part in raising good nurses.

I love what I do. I want to eventually get my Masters. To me it's like this- LVN is JV. RN is Varsity. BSN is college and MSN is the pros. Getting knocked up ain't gonna stop me from the pros this time! Lol.

It's LVN where I live. The RN program was takes forever to get into, so I'm doing LVN first. Actually, it's probably the better program. My instructors are some amazing women that have over 200 years experience combined. They don't believe in the "nurses eat their young" philosphy that most RN's do.

I can transition into the RN program once I have my license, and then it is only 2 more terms to graduate that program. It's kinda retarded- we use the same books as them, have to have all the knowledge as them (pretty much as much as a physician), but we don't get paid as much. But I can work my "real" job as an LVN and then do per diem and registry shifts on my off days and still make about $75k a year.

We can do pretty much everything but run a floor, make "official" assessments, pronounce someone dead, and push drugs through an IV. But we have to be able to know everything about it. My instructor has special permission from the state board of CA to give us a phlebotomy and IV therapy classes before we have our license in hand. This woman is a rock star and gets calls pretty much every day of DON postions all over the country with 6 figure salaries that she turns down because she'd rather make sure she does her part in raising good nurses.

I love what I do. I want to eventually get my Masters. To me it's like this- LVN is JV. RN is Varsity. BSN is college and MSN is the pros. Getting knocked up ain't gonna stop me from the pros this time! Lol.

Great motivation! I know that you will get there. The "V"? "P" is for practical. V?
So only an RN can add drugs to a bag? Or is it a direct push into the stint, ergo vein?

Kill it, ma'am. My girlfriend went through a couple years of hell as a radiologist. You remind me of her. She was so gung-ho about (13-letter word) being (10-letter-word), but only if potassium (did this). If blood (does this) and (x does y), then you need to do (Z).

:huh:

I finished pre-med and still just nodded and smiled. Of course, she doesn't know what fibro-papillomatosis is. Then again, she's feeding us and I'm, uh. I'm, well. I know what fibro-papillomatosis is. :bhump:

Great motivation! I know that you will get there. The "V"? "P" is for practical. V?
So only an RN can add drugs to a bag? Or is it a direct push into the stint, ergo vein?

V is for vocational as opposed to practical/practicing. Same thing, different name in different regions.

We can add the drugs by hanging the bag, we just can push something directly into the vein, say they wanted a bolus of morpshine- we can't take our 10mm syringe and add it to the port and give them the drug. But we can hang a bag of xxml/xxhr drug to the bag of saline or dextrose, whatever they got hanging.

But like I said, we have to know everything about it and how to do it- knowing the normals of everything so we can assess for side affects that are normal and ones that are bad. Also, some drugs/solutions when mixed can cause crytalization. So we always have to inspect port sites and all that to make sure all is okay. Some nurses do it for the money- those are the ones that make the mistakes. Not being careful because the love of the patient care is not there.

So, everyone make sure you let your good nurses know you appreciate them!! It means a lot to us! Lol, the other day my patients were a Nurse practitioner and a retired OB nurse. Talk about pressure! Scary, but they both said I did an excellent job :)

say they wanted a bolus of morpshine- :)

Yes. Say I did want a bolus of morpshine. Moonshine/morphine 8-ball, Jim Belushi-style?

What sort of signature symptoms should one display? What are the warning signs of one seeking only a dose of free morpshine should I avoid, in my attempts to gain access to a bolus of morpshine. I ask only as a scientist.

V is for vocational as opposed to practical/practicing. Same thing, different name in different regions.

We can add the drugs by hanging the bag, we just can push something directly into the vein, say they wanted a bolus of morpshine- we can't take our 10mm syringe and add it to the port and give them the drug. But we can hang a bag of xxml/xxhr drug to the bag of saline or dextrose, whatever they got hanging.

But like I said, we have to know everything about it and how to do it- knowing the normals of everything so we can assess for side affects that are normal and ones that are bad. Also, some drugs/solutions when mixed can cause crytalization. So we always have to inspect port sites and all that to make sure all is okay. Some nurses do it for the money- those are the ones that make the mistakes. Not being careful because the love of the patient care is not there.

So, everyone make sure you let your good nurses know you appreciate them!! It means a lot to us! Lol, the other day my patients were a Nurse practitioner and a retired OB nurse. Talk about pressure! Scary, but they both said I did an excellent job :)

Thanks!:thumb:
So, you will let us know when you get your license?

Kill it, ma'am. My girlfriend went through a couple years of hell as a radiologist. You remind me of her. She was so gung-ho about (13-letter word) being (10-letter-word), but only if potassium (did this). If blood (does this) and (x does y), then you need to do (Z).

:huh:

I finished pre-med and still just nodded and smiled. Of course, she doesn't know what fibro-papillomatosis is. Then again, she's feeding us and I'm, uh. I'm, well. I know what fibro-papillomatosis is. :bhump:

Lol, once your mind is in a clincal way, it's hard to switch it back.

I got to float with Radiology, it was cool. Xray was fun, sono was kinda boring, Nuclear medicine was way cool, except for the damn room is so claustophobic with it's 6 ft concrete walls, lol.
Got to see flouroscopy- they were going to give a GT tube to a patient that was having trouble eating due to the radiation he had for his cancer scarring his throat with resulting dysphagia. Instead of that, he ate a barium yogurt and we were able to see how he swallowed and where his food got stuck. To see how he ate and what was and wasn't effective. The simple solution was to take 3 swallows per one bite and 2 swallows per one drink. Amazing that he was saved from eating Jevity to a tube in his belly just from a little inside veiw. That really jazzed me!

Yes. Say I did want a bolus of morpshine. Moonshine/morphine 8-ball, Jim Belushi-style?

What sort of signature symptoms should one display? What are the warning signs of one seeking only a dose of free morpshine should I avoid, in my attempts to gain access to a bolus of morpshine. I ask only as a scientist.

Screw you :p I am drinking and my Mozilla ain't working so I have no automatic spell checker :D

Lol, once your mind is in a clincal way, it's hard to switch it back.

I got to float with Radiology, it was cool. Xray was fun, sono was kinda boring, Nuclear medicine was way cool, except for the damn room is so claustophobic with it's 6 ft concrete walls, lol.
Got to see flouroscopy- they were going to give a GT tube to a patient that was having trouble eating due to the radiation he had for his cancer scarring his throat with resulting dysphagia. Instead of that, he ate a barium yogurt and we were able to see how he swallowed and were his food got stuck. To see how he ate and what was and wasn't effective. The simple solution was to take 3 swallows per one bite and 2 swallows per one drink. Amazing that he was saved from eating Jevity to a tube in his belly just from a little inside veiw. That really jazzed me!

Good lord, I'm going to convince my girlfriend to log in to talk to you. She is SO INTO IT, man. She's new at it, too, having finally finishing school, passing the boards (I'm in New Hampshire and it's pretty tough, relatively). She just loves it so much. She's legitmately facinated by it all and I f-ing love that.

she bursts in the door with new stories of "I saw this, I saw that" and explains it in perfect technical detail. I admire that to no get out, because I'm a grand sweep/non-detail guy. I love how much she is in-tune and on-point.

BTW: She hates the OR. Evidently, docs are 'assholes', and though I explain that they are uptight for a reason, and not to take it personally, she re-asserts herself that their superiority isn't necessary. :shrug:

She could be right, I don't know. The ER is hit or miss. She's presently at a lvl 5 (or lvl1 1?, whichever gets the worst) trauma center. They get the worst of the worst. She loves it's man. I get queasy thinking about it.

She's a grounded, salt-of-the-earth, hard worker. I'm a pie-in-the-sky nonchalant. I couldn't do what she does, I don't think.

That said: she locked her keys in her car today. With the engine running. :huh:

These are the folks keeping us alive? :poke:

EDIT: Yeah, she's going back for Nuke. One of 5 in the state.

I fell in love with Natalie Portman when she played a whore in "Closer". I want her to be mine now.

Back