Football books, TV and podcasts

gomezcat

Sniffing Ms Cat's knickers
Reaction score
Website
gomezcat.blogspot.com
Apologies for the lack of a poll. I also won't be calling for my own banning this time.

I listen to Bill Polian's Inside Football podcast and I love it. He's really analytical and goes into some detail about scouting, building a team and so on.

He's also really good at myth busting and talks about what scouts ACTUALLY look for, and measure.

He also clearly has a lot of respect for BB and the Pats.

I also enjoy Move the Sticks with Bucky Brooks and Daniel Jeremiah. They're both good at the scouting stuff and also have good points to make. It's less deep than Polian's.

Patriots Football Weekly is also good fun, although I have to skip past some of the callers. Hat tip to Eldridge from NC. He's probably my favourite.

In terms of books, Patriots Reign was pretty good, although I read it late on and it wasn't mega revealing. I enjoyed War Room as well.

David Halberstam's biography of Belichick was rather good and gave me some actual insight into him.

More generally, Games that changed the game by Jaworski et al was interesting.

Black and Honolulu Blue by Keith Dorney was a great read. He's a former Lions O Lineman and you get a real sense of the demands of Football.

Michael Lombardi and Pat McAfee are decent. Sometimes even Colon Cowturd will have good guests on.

I forgot all of the BB and Patriots books that I've read.

Good idea for a thread...

Daniel Jeremiah is great. I don't get a chance to listen to his podcast but i like listening to him on nfln. other favorites who are now in the booth are Charles Davis and Louis Riddick. they all share fine football minds and a willingness to not take themselves too seriously, a winning combo to me.
Will check out Dorney's book, thanks.
iirc, gc, you received "The Dynasty" as a gift. i borrowed it from the library and just started it. good stuff so far.

Daniel Jeremiah is great. I don't get a chance to listen to his podcast but i like listening to him on nfln. other favorites who are now in the booth are Charles Davis and Louis Riddick. they all share fine football minds and a willingness to not take themselves too seriously, a winning combo to me.
Will check out Dorney's book, thanks.
iirc, gc, you received "The Dynasty" as a gift. i borrowed it from the library and just started it. good stuff so far.
That's correct re the Dynasty. I'm currently working my way through The Border by Don Winslow (part of a trilogy about the "war on drugs" and the utterly brutal Cartels).

Once that's done, I'll go on to The Dynasty.

I don't watch NFL Network, apart from draft time. This year may be interesting if there's a QB available when we pick.

Back