Fumbled punts

bostonsports

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this and someone tell me if I'm wrong or if this might have anything to do at all with all the dropsies we have been having in the punt return portion of special teams. Ok correct me if I am wrong. Does ou punter punt with his left foot? If so he practices with special teams and we are used to the rotation of his punts. Most other punters are probably right footed so maybe a different rotation then what we are used to seeing in our practices? Could this maybe be part of the problem we seem to be having?

I have two issues with this line of reasoning.

1. Yeah, but Allen's been the punter for like, N years. I understand that wouldn't matter so much to newbies like Harper and Martin, but ... Amendola???

2. If the majority of other punters are right-footed, that means the majority of punts that are caught in game situations are off of right feet. Shouldn't that by itself be enough practice?

I've been thinking about this and someone tell me if I'm wrong or if this might have anything to do at all with all the dropsies we have been having in the punt return portion of special teams. Ok correct me if I am wrong. Does ou punter punt with his left foot? If so he practices with special teams and we are used to the rotation of his punts. Most other punters are probably right footed so maybe a different rotation then what we are used to seeing in our practices? Could this maybe be part of the problem we seem to be having?

Amendola fumbled during the return, he had already fielded the punt.

This isn't the issue. It's always a kick when we're up by 14.

The easy solution is, to not go up by 14. Go up by 7, then a FG, to be up by 10, then a TD to go up 17.

We do that, no more special teams ****ups. :coffee:

So ... 14 is the new 13, or 4 if you're Asian???

Martin took his eye off the ball and Amendola was lazy as f**k in his ball security. It wasn't the trajectory of the ball in those two instances IMO. I didn't really see the muffed punt in Denver so I'm not sure on that one.

Martin took his eye off the ball and Amendola was lazy as f**k in his ball security. It wasn't the trajectory of the ball in those two instances IMO. I didn't really see the muffed punt in Denver so I'm not sure on that one.

I don't think Chris Harper did, neither.

(Cal homer alert) I am fairly certain he didn't get much practice catching balls while looking up into blizzards when he played for UC-Berkeley (/Cal homer alert)

Back