Has the Deflategate BS affected your enjoyment of the NFL?

Has Deflategate reduced your enjoyment of the NFL?

• Total voters
the real sad part is, that I do believe ballghazi was the beginning of the end for the NFL as the premier sports league in America. The history books will probably also blame the Pats and Brady for something that was the jealous NFLs own doing.

I'd say the end started when Goodell became commissioner. Hopefully history agrees.

History will show Goodell did serious damage to the sport. He needs to go but the league still pulls in huge $$$. as soon as the cracks show in the money machine then maybe that'll get the owners attention.
I have not bought any NFL gear or paid for NFL broadcast services. I still enjoy watching football but watched more college this year then I can recall in previous years. I think the Thursday night games are stupid as is multiple games in London (no offense Gomezcat! :) :toast: )

I've seen a lot of polls over the years, but I'm not sure I've ever seen one -- no matter what the topic -- that was 29 to zero.

I expected that a lot of people would agree, but I'm really surprised at the total synch on this.

http://dirtywatermedia.com/roger-goodell-remains-asleep-at-the-wheel/

Goodell is one of the most powerful men in America. Underneath the shell of Roger lies an out of touch, and greedy individual. Let’s start with CTE.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a progressive degenerative disease found in people who have suffered repetitive brain trauma. It’s well documented that the NFL has been downplaying concussions and dangers of football for decades. CTE was originally discovered in 2005 by Dr. Bennet Omalu and is one of the most dangerous threats to the NFL. 87 out of 91 deceased former NFL players autopsied have tested positive for CTE as of Fall 2015. Despite the glaring horrific statistics, Roger Goodell and the NFL still deny there is a link between CTE and football.

League doctor Joseph Maroon appeared on NFL Total Access this past March and proclaimed, “The problem of CTE although real is it’s being over-exaggerated and it’s being extrapolated to youth football and to high school football”.

Dr. Maroon I challenge you to tell the family of Jovan Belcher who killed his girlfriend, drove to Arrowhead Stadium and killed himself in front of the Chiefs GM and head coach that CTE is over-exaggerated. Or the family of Junior Seau who committed suicide while suffering from CTE. This is the same family that received calls from NFL management during Seau’s autopsy denouncing Omalu’s professional ethics, qualifications, and motivation. Dr. Omalu was then removed from his position as the Brain Injury Institute. Let this sink in: The NFL deliberately ruining the reputation of a renowned scientist in order to cover up the connection of CTE and pro football.

Much more at link.

http://dirtywatermedia.com/roger-goodell-remains-asleep-at-the-wheel/

Goodell is one of the most powerful men in America. Underneath the shell of Roger lies an out of touch, and greedy individual. Let’s start with CTE.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy is a progressive degenerative disease found in people who have suffered repetitive brain trauma. It’s well documented that the NFL has been downplaying concussions and dangers of football for decades. CTE was originally discovered in 2005 by Dr. Bennet Omalu and is one of the most dangerous threats to the NFL. 87 out of 91 deceased former NFL players autopsied have tested positive for CTE as of Fall 2015. Despite the glaring horrific statistics, Roger Goodell and the NFL still deny there is a link between CTE and football.

League doctor Joseph Maroon appeared on NFL Total Access this past March and proclaimed, “The problem of CTE although real is it’s being over-exaggerated and it’s being extrapolated to youth football and to high school football”.

Dr. Maroon I challenge you to tell the family of Jovan Belcher who killed his girlfriend, drove to Arrowhead Stadium and killed himself in front of the Chiefs GM and head coach that CTE is over-exaggerated. Or the family of Junior Seau who committed suicide while suffering from CTE. This is the same family that received calls from NFL management during Seau’s autopsy denouncing Omalu’s professional ethics, qualifications, and motivation. Dr. Omalu was then removed from his position as the Brain Injury Institute. Let this sink in: The NFL deliberately ruining the reputation of a renowned scientist in order to cover up the connection of CTE and pro football.

Much more at link.

If it was me challenging Dr. Maroon (what a great name for an NFL hack) I wouldn't use the Belcher case, but point to the autopsy evidence showing one of the brains studied by Dr. Bennet Omalu was of a High School kid that had significant damage from CTE.

This was significant because not many brains have yet been studied in younger people, but the NFL definitely does not want that to happen because it just might show that everybody that plays a certain amount of football ends up with a certain amount of brain damage.

Dr. Maroon is just shaking and baking and trying to placate parents of young players until more evidence comes in, whereupon the NFL will find another "expert" to take a pile of money to play it the way Roger wants it played.

They've been known to do that on occasion.

I cant stand listening to that lying fvcker Goodell talk about any subject. That bullshit he spiels about protecting the integrity of the shield makes me wanna puke. The NFL and that's all of the mighty 32 along with the silver tongue commissioner are really concerned with preserving the illusion of integrity of the shield because that's all it is an illusion.
They care about preserving one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

History will show Goodell did serious damage to the sport. He needs to go but the league still pulls in huge $$$. as soon as the cracks show in the money machine then maybe that'll get the owners attention.
I have not bought any NFL gear or paid for NFL broadcast services. I still enjoy watching football but watched more college this year then I can recall in previous years. I think the Thursday night games are stupid as is multiple games in London (no offense Gomezcat! :) :toast: )

No offence taken re the London games. I must admit to having taken advantage of the Pats playing over here to watch them, but I'm uneasy with fans losing a home game as a result. The NFL needs its collective head examining if it thinks a Franchise is sustainable here. I llive-in London and there's no way in hell I could find the money for 8 home games. Given most attendees are from out of town, I really don't see it.

I cant stand listening to that lying fvcker Goodell talk about any subject. That bullshit he spiels about protecting the integrity of the shield makes me wanna puke. The NFL and that's all of the mighty 32 along with the silver tongue commissioner are really concerned with preserving the illusion of integrity of the shield because that's all it is an illusion.
They care about preserving one thing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Exactly. Which is why I'm so baffled when people act like someone accusing the refs of being dirty are foolish. Lol, open your eyes! The refs are absolutely incompetent, but to act like they're 100% legit in their incompetence is stupid! It's so painfully obvious the NFL, and thereby the refs, guide the overcome of games and even the season, it's absolutely mind boggeling there's still skeptics out there.

If it was me challenging Dr. Maroon (what a great name for an NFL hack) I wouldn't use the Belcher case, but point to the autopsy evidence showing one of the brains studied by Dr. Bennet Omalu was of a High School kid that had significant damage from CTE.

This was significant because not many brains have yet been studied in younger people, but the NFL definitely does not want that to happen because it just might show that everybody that plays a certain amount of football ends up with a certain amount of brain damage.

Dr. Maroon is just shaking and baking and trying to placate parents of young players until more evidence comes in, whereupon the NFL will find another "expert" to take a pile of money to play it the way Roger wants it played.

They've been known to do that on occasion.

Been a little worried about this.

Been a little worried about this.

I watched two games this year, Pats/Houston and Pats/Chiefs. Other than that I had no interest whatsoever. Even when games were on in the background or I had nothing going on I had no real interest other than a drive here and there. I used to live and breath this stuff. It's not all on DG but it was a huge tipping point.

RE: CTE will kill this game sooner than many realize. The end is approaching. The product itself is so watered down now what's it going to be like when the talent dries up? Pop Warner leagues are folding due to lack of participants. Schools will start bailing at the first opportunity. Pediatricians are already advising parents (moms) to keep their kids out of football by the tens of thousands. Based on the info that's known I can't really blame them.

Back