Have you ever fallen asleep at the wheel?

Have you ever fallen asleep at the wheel?

• Total voters
I never have, but my Dad did a few times. He was driving from Fort Dix in New Jersey up to Central Massachusetts to visit his fiance (Mom!) every weekend he was able to get a pass. I guess after surviving the front lines in Korea he felt invincible. He said it was a stupid thing to do. Luckily Mom was literally the girl next door so he had a little less driving to do. He said when you're 20 you're often stupid. :)

I have never done it at the wheel but I've been a passenger where someone did. We went camping up Lake Champlain on our motorcycles. We had a friend in Montreal which is barely an hour's drive north. He invited us up and since it was raining, we got a rental car and piled in.. 5 guys and off we went. Had a hell of a night at the titty bars on St Catherine St, and about 1 AM took off back to Vermont. I was in the passenger seat and dozed off, and awoke to the car cruising along the median strip on the highway with all sorts of grass and leaves and shit hitting the windshield. Grabbed the wheel, steered the car back on the road and the guy driving woke up. One of the guys in back woke up too and asked what was going on. I drove the rest of the way back LOL.

Dad rolled a car when he was young. No booze, just a long drive and fell asleep. No injuries.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Back