Hi guys

Oh no! The Colts fans have found me! You'll never take me alive! Wow, this is playing out like an episode of the People's Court! Without addressing every post, I'll answer, in no particular order some of the outstanding points.

Did I troll the Colts messageboard prior to being banned? I'm afraid I did. Was it immature? Absolutely. Does it reflect somewhat on my personality? Definitely. Will it affect what I post here? No, but time will tell, but if you've read any of my posts on this message board, you should be able to tell I clearly have no agenda here other than to pass time at work. So I guess the outstanding question remains is why?

Why do I dislike Colts fans? Two reasons, one pertains to the online realm and the second reflects a real-life one. At first Indystar was pretty cool, there was lots of lively debate and discussion and fostering of opinions - however, as TommyD notes, there occurred a certain point in time when the tone and nature of posts shifted somewhat - I can't pinpoint when, but Tommy may be right that it occurred around the time the Colts won the SB.

The first warning bell sounded when several previously valuable contributors, who happened to be Pats fans, to discussion and debate on the Indystar board were driven away, banned or had several Colts fans lynching them whenever they tried to engage in debate. Posters like TommyD, who prior were one of the more enjoyable posters left the board, subsequently followed by several others.

Then I started noticing a pattern - any criticism or questioning about the Colts would typically be met by prompt rolling of eyes, non-sequiturial comments designed to derail the conversation (akin to the ostrich burying its head in the sand) and various Colt fans posting various inane 'humorous' images, and all patting each other on the back. It got old fast.

Anyone who questioned Dungy was an idiot. Anyone who dares blame, or is critical of Manning, is an idiot. I'm as big a Manning rump-swab as the next fan, but sometimes I feel the Colts fanbase would throw the entire team under the bus to give Manning all the credit sometimes - this was all the more alarming when some fans even admitted that Rhodes might've deserved the Superbowl MVP, but damned if Manning wouldn't get it. One minute Utecht is underrated and doesn't really fumble that much (with stats), the next he's a Bengal, useless and a liability. One minute we have the best running game in the league (and I remember getting blasted plenty of times, in a condescending manner, on Indystar for voicing concern for it) - next minute it faded down the stretch, and only now in the off-season do people tacitly acknowledge it.

Why did I register as a Giants fan? I guess because I wanted to see if I could engage in debate as a "neutral" fan and post messages that were critical or inquiring of certain aspects of the Colts without summoning the typical quartet of ravenous fanatics condemning any criticism or questioning of the SB winning Colts. Guess I didn't do a very good job, but oh well. The final straw for me occurred on the Howie Long thread about his comments defending the Pats - I made, what I felt was an objective post about the hypocrisy surrounding the entire Spygate episode, and was promptly flamed by the locals for "feeding the trolls". What fun is it when everyone agrees with each other all the time? It was around that time I threw my PatriotsDynasty tantrum, flipped the bird, and waited the inevitable ban.

What was, and still is ironic, is the fact that the Colts fans on those boards constantly rip on Pats fans, claiming they are obsessed with the Colts and constantly posting threads about what they say about the Colts on Pats message boards, then lo and behold, the Colts boards are littered with nothing BUT Pats posts - started by Colts fans. Everyday, nothing but posts about Spygate and complaints about the trolling Pats fans - the hypocrisy was amazing. Ironically, having spent a few days on the Pats messageboard, I've yet to see many Colts-related threads, so clearly the obsession is one-way. But maybe that's also because Pats fans have too many other people to be p'd off at right now.

As for my second reason, I admit it's not fair (as another Colts fan here reasoned with me privately) to clump all Colts fans or the population of an entire city together, but let's just say no matter how open-minded one is, certain perjorative remarks and racial slurs (which have no place in this millenium) have left a somewhat profound impression in my mind of the city. Granted it may just've been a few drunken louts, but it's the last thing you expect to hear in this day and age. However, as the other Colts fan convinced me, I'm no better to cast the same prejudice towards an entire fanbase.

Why did I come to Patriots Planet? Simple reason really - I guess I have a certain love-hate relationship with Midgar from the ESPN Messageboard and he suggested I post here; I'd also heard this board mentioned several times on the Colts boards, especially in connection with the names of some great Pats posters, who'd been driven away or banned from various Colts messageboards. Plus the Arcade on this board is kinda cool.

I admit, though, the mistake I made from the start is in assuming that all message board communities, especially ones belonging to the fanbase of a football team, would neccessarily desire to engage in critical, objective posting, least of all contrary opinions from members of opposing fan bases. I understand that now, and you know what - it's your messageboard, and it's your perogative. If the Pats Planet proves to be a bunch of Brady-worshipping cultists, I'll take my ball and go home too, but so far I've yet to see any lynching for suggesting Manning might be the #1 QB right now.

Likewise, if I end up showing my "true colors", then I'll expect to be banned and that's the last you'll hear of me. So there you go, I openly admit to not being a model citizen and having left a nice little trail behind me, but I'd like to think that the posters here will judge based on what I post here rather than what I post on another message board. At the end of the day, I enjoy the game of football above any fan-partisan loyalty and it just so happens, for whatever reason in this bizarre world, I happen to get along better with Pats fans than Colts fans, and enjoy the lively banter.

I understand Colts fans have an issue with me, deservedly so, I might add, but it wasn't my intention to come to this message board and prolong it (like they won't let Spygate go). I don't expect this post to even remotely change the way Colts fans think of me, since I've now committed the ultimate crime of treason by apparently consorting with Pats fans, but honestly I could care less since I don't post on those boards anymore. As for any insinuations of converting to the Patriot fanbase - I'd sooner do many other unpleasant things first. Whatever you think of what me as a poster, you'll find (and you can ask Midgar) at the end of the day, I'll still support the Colts (at least under my own username :D), even in this unholy land.

speaking of catching something, C*B, can you help a poor soul out catch a break as we are always looking for the quality ladies of the internet and might maybe you might visit me more often here ?

RG, I think you've got all you can handle with cka and Chiefsgal. I wouldn't want to pile on, buddy!

I like to be mysterious and pop in when you least expect me.

eviltemptress.gif

Ok first I cant beleive I read this whole thread, I need a hobby. I find it funny that colt fans start bashing this guy as soon as he gets here for giving an opinon. Let me tell you, me and him have had 2 hour long arguments on football in the past, he is a colt fan in every way, but the difference is, he is not an idiot fan who trolls, who makes up facts, who makes posts bashing a player becuase he is not on his favorite team. In fact get this one, if he is arguing and you show him where he is wrong, he will admit it!!! The thing is at least on the espn boards, he watched colt fans in bunches vanish when things went wrong and he questioned their desire, he ask questions and he gives opinons, even if they dont mesh with everyone to make them happy. I feel bad about telling him to come over here with some of the colt fans responses, the funny thing is, these are the good colt fans up here, I would hate for him to visit the assclown thread. Well I for one, think he would be a great addition here to talk football and get his perspective, but thats me.

Oh no! The Colts fans have found me! You'll never take me alive! Wow, this is playing out like an episode of the People's Court! Without addressing every post, I'll answer, in no particular order some of the outstanding points.

Did I troll the Colts messageboard prior to being banned? I'm afraid I did. Was it immature? Absolutely. Does it reflect somewhat on my personality? Definitely. Will it affect what I post here? No, but time will tell, but if you've read any of my posts on this message board, you should be able to tell I clearly have no agenda here other than to pass time at work. So I guess the outstanding question remains is why?

Why do I dislike Colts fans? Two reasons, one pertains to the online realm and the second reflects a real-life one. At first Indystar was pretty cool, there was lots of lively debate and discussion and fostering of opinions - however, as TommyD notes, there occurred a certain point in time when the tone and nature of posts shifted somewhat - I can't pinpoint when, but Tommy may be right that it occurred around the time the Colts won the SB.

The first warning bell sounded when several previously valuable contributors, who happened to be Pats fans, to discussion and debate on the Indystar board were driven away, banned or had several Colts fans lynching them whenever they tried to engage in debate. Posters like TommyD, who prior were one of the more enjoyable posters left the board, subsequently followed by several others.

Then I started noticing a pattern - any criticism or questioning about the Colts would typically be met by prompt rolling of eyes, non-sequiturial comments designed to derail the conversation (akin to the ostrich burying its head in the sand) and various Colt fans posting various inane 'humorous' images, and all patting each other on the back. It got old fast.

Anyone who questioned Dungy was an idiot. Anyone who dares blame, or is critical of Manning, is an idiot. I'm as big a Manning rump-swab as the next fan, but sometimes I feel the Colts fanbase would throw the entire team under the bus to give Manning all the credit sometimes - this was all the more alarming when some fans even admitted that Rhodes might've deserved the Superbowl MVP, but damned if Manning wouldn't get it. One minute Utecht is underrated and doesn't really fumble that much (with stats), the next he's a Bengal, useless and a liability. One minute we have the best running game in the league (and I remember getting blasted plenty of times, in a condescending manner, on Indystar for voicing concern for it) - next minute it faded down the stretch, and only now in the off-season do people tacitly acknowledge it.

Why did I register as a Giants fan? I guess because I wanted to see if I could engage in debate as a "neutral" fan and post messages that were critical or inquiring of certain aspects of the Colts without summoning the typical quartet of ravenous fanatics condemning any criticism or questioning of the SB winning Colts. Guess I didn't do a very good job, but oh well. The final straw for me occurred on the Howie Long thread about his comments defending the Pats - I made, what I felt was an objective post about the hypocrisy surrounding the entire Spygate episode, and was promptly flamed by the locals for "feeding the trolls". What fun is it when everyone agrees with each other all the time? It was around that time I threw my PatriotsDynasty tantrum, flipped the bird, and waited the inevitable ban.

What was, and still is ironic, is the fact that the Colts fans on those boards constantly rip on Pats fans, claiming they are obsessed with the Colts and constantly posting threads about what they say about the Colts on Pats message boards, then lo and behold, the Colts boards are littered with nothing BUT Pats posts - started by Colts fans. Everyday, nothing but posts about Spygate and complaints about the trolling Pats fans - the hypocrisy was amazing. Ironically, having spent a few days on the Pats messageboard, I've yet to see many Colts-related threads, so clearly the obsession is one-way. But maybe that's also because Pats fans have too many other people to be p'd off at right now.

As for my second reason, I admit it's not fair (as another Colts fan here reasoned with me privately) to clump all Colts fans or the population of an entire city together, but let's just say no matter how open-minded one is, certain perjorative remarks and racial slurs (which have no place in this millenium) have left a somewhat profound impression in my mind of the city. Granted it may just've been a few drunken louts, but it's the last thing you expect to hear in this day and age. However, as the other Colts fan convinced me, I'm no better to cast the same prejudice towards an entire fanbase.

Why did I come to Patriots Planet? Simple reason really - I guess I have a certain love-hate relationship with Midgar from the ESPN Messageboard and he suggested I post here; I'd also heard this board mentioned several times on the Colts boards, especially in connection with the names of some great Pats posters, who'd been driven away or banned from various Colts messageboards. Plus the Arcade on this board is kinda cool.

I admit, though, the mistake I made from the start is in assuming that all message board communities, especially ones belonging to the fanbase of a football team, would neccessarily desire to engage in critical, objective posting, least of all contrary opinions from members of opposing fan bases. I understand that now, and you know what - it's your messageboard, and it's your perogative. If the Pats Planet proves to be a bunch of Brady-worshipping cultists, I'll take my ball and go home too, but so far I've yet to see any lynching for suggesting Manning might be the #1 QB right now.

Likewise, if I end up showing my "true colors", then I'll expect to be banned and that's the last you'll hear of me. So there you go, I openly admit to not being a model citizen and having left a nice little trail behind me, but I'd like to think that the posters here will judge based on what I post here rather than what I post on another message board. At the end of the day, I enjoy the game of football above any fan-partisan loyalty and it just so happens, for whatever reason in this bizarre world, I happen to get along better with Pats fans than Colts fans, and enjoy the lively banter.

I understand Colts fans have an issue with me, deservedly so, I might add, but it wasn't my intention to come to this message board and prolong it (like they won't let Spygate go). I don't expect this post to even remotely change the way Colts fans think of me, since I've now committed the ultimate crime of treason by apparently consorting with Pats fans, but honestly I could care less since I don't post on those boards anymore. As for any insinuations of converting to the Patriot fanbase - I'd sooner do many other unpleasant things first. Whatever you think of what me as a poster, you'll find (and you can ask Midgar) at the end of the day, I'll still support the Colts (at least under my own username :D), even in this unholy land.

Holy sh!t that was long. I fell asleep reading it so I don't know what you said but you must type really good.

RG, I think you've got all you can handle with cka and Chiefsgal. I wouldn't want to pile on, buddy!

I like to be mysterious and pop in when you least expect me.

eviltemptress.gif

Another nonmembered Colts member. We have several and so I have to conclude that male Colts fans have to be boring or gay or both.

Ok first I cant beleive I read this whole thread, I need a hobby. I find it funny that colt fans start bashing this guy as soon as he gets here for giving an opinon. Let me tell you, me and him have had 2 hour long arguments on football in the past, he is a colt fan in every way, but the difference is, he is not an idiot fan who trolls, who makes up facts, who makes posts bashing a player becuase he is not on his favorite team. In fact get this one, if he is arguing and you show him where he is wrong, he will admit it!!! The thing is at least on the espn boards, he watched colt fans in bunches vanish when things went wrong and he questioned their desire, he ask questions and he gives opinons, even if they dont mesh with everyone to make them happy. I feel bad about telling him to come over here with some of the colt fans responses, the funny thing is, these are the good colt fans up here, I would hate for him to visit the assclown thread. Well I for one, think he would be a great addition here to talk football and get his perspective, but thats me.

Thanks Midgie.

Good thing I'm not wrong too often :D

Live,

Speaking for myself only here...

I will take you at your word that you are a Colts fan.

Just don't paint us all with the same brush, cause most (if not all) of the Colts fans here are refugees of IndyStar, etc., who left for the same reasons you did!

So maybe our antennas go up a bit quicker than needed, but we just don't want THIS board to turn into the same kind of cesspool.

(Not that that would happen, with our wonderful mods, but you catch my drift).

Anyway, most of the Colts fans here are a lot like yourself, so maybe we kind of got our feathers ruffled when you said you disliked Colts fans. The ones here are objective, enjoy talking rational football, like to mix it up a bit with opposing fans, etc., just like you.

Like I said, JMO.

Some here may still doubt, but for now, I will take you at your word.

Live,

Just don't paint us all with the same brush, cause most (if not all) of the Colts fans here are refugees of IndyStar, etc., who left for the same reasons you did!

So maybe our antennas go up a bit quicker than needed, but we just don't want THIS board to turn into the same kind of cesspool.

Anyway, most of the Colts fans here are a lot like yourself, so maybe we kind of got our feathers ruffled when you said you disliked Colts fans. The ones here are objective, enjoy talking rational football, like to mix it up a bit with opposing fans, etc., just like you.

Like I said, JMO.

Doubt what? Why would anyone say they were a nasty colt fan unless they were :poke:

Manning's Army ring any bells? :shake:

Yeah but I know the guy from another board. I mean if you truly want to investigate go to espn and find out, this is about silly IMO. I guess unless a colt fan comes here bashing brady and the pats or says the colts are the greatest team ever, they are not colt fans.

Live,

Like I said, JMO.

Whatever happened to alot of the Indystar posters? It didn't help that the exodus had already begun BEFORE the new monstrosity of a board came up. Do you post on any other Colts boards?

Yeah I know, I was a little too hasty with some of my comments and I attribute that to certain bitter feelings still being fresh. For now, I'll just say that ColtFreaks isn't for me, and likewise I'm not ColtFreaks material - I think that sounds fair. I guess the culture of each message board is unique in its own right and I shouldn't make blanket statements about an entire fanbase, when I know every team has its share of tools.

And like I said - we'll see one way or the other what I'm really about, but for now I can only give you my word, until it's proven worthless, that I'm about what I claim to be about.

Manning's Army ring any bells? :shake:

Yeah, I understand why you might use this analogy, but MA was a blatant Pats fans (if the frequent references to the Pats didn't give it away) and he never once said anything positive about the Colts. Just to play devil's advocate, perhaps I may be more insidious, since I'm going to greater lengths to portray some Colts-advocacy, but I assure you I'm not.

I did enjoy MA though - he was consistent and generally always very polite and some of his posts were downright hilarious. Unfortunately, in the end, his remarks became more and more mean-spirited (comments on Dungy's son and Reggie Wayne's brother) and that crossed the line. Did you ever visit his private message board / blog? Guy was hilarious how he never 'broke character'.

Whatever happened to alot of the Indystar posters? It didn't help that the exodus had already begun BEFORE the new monstrosity of a board came up. Do you post on any other Colts boards?

Yeah I know, I was a little too hasty with some of my comments and I attribute that to certain bitter feelings still being fresh. For now, I'll just say that ColtFreaks isn't for me, and likewise I'm not ColtFreaks material - I think that sounds fair. I guess the culture of each message board is unique in its own right and I shouldn't make blanket statements about an entire fanbase, when I know every team has its share of tools.

And like I said - we'll see one way or the other what I'm really about, but for now I can only give you my word, until it's proven worthless, that I'm about what I claim to be about.

I don't know what happened to any of the posters. I left there years ago, visited occasionally just to read (and saw it wasn't getting any better), and so I don't even visit anymore.

I used to post occasionally on IndyStar, Colts.com, and ColtsFreaks, but unfortunately, I found them all to be the same. Too strict for me, too much circle-jerking, and frankly, I felt like most of the posters were high school kids, with the garbage they would post.

Like you, I was looking for a fun place to talk football, and mix it up a bit with some opposing fans. This place was/is perfect!

As for MA, I just never took to him, I guess. I did not find him funny, and his act got old with me real quick.

:shrug:

I don't know what happened to any of the posters. I left there years ago, visited occasionally just to read (and saw it wasn't getting any better), and so I don't even visit anymore.

I used to post occasionally on IndyStar, Colts.com, and ColtsFreaks, but unfortunately, I found them all to be the same. Too strict for me, too much circle-jerking, and frankly, I felt like most of the posters were high school kids, with the garbage they would post.

Like you, I was looking for a fun place to talk football, and mix it up a bit with some opposing fans. This place was/is perfect!

As for MA, I just never took to him, I guess. I did not find him funny, and his act got old with me real quick.

:shrug:

Cool, glad to hear there's another Colts poster out there who has noticed the same things I have. Sorry we got off on the wrong foot and look forward to sharing any insight you have to offer in future.

Glad it wasn't only me who noticed the circle-jerking mentality.

Back