I blamed it on Dungy.

I completely agree with this article.

Denver made that mistake back in '96 and most teams learned from it. In '03 and '04, The Pats didn't let up at all even though they had secured 1st round byes before the final game. Only players that were injured sat out. BB's philosophy (and most other coaches) is that we have a week off anyways, so what are we going to be resting for. The Miami game this year was different because we didn't have the bye.

I disagree with the premise of the article.

Dungy certainly had other things on his mind this past month. Given that Manning fancies himself the HC and all-around Ayatollah of this team, I'd have to say Manning is at fault. Yup, Choke artist supreme.

Didn't Philly sit out their last couple of regular games last year and then win the NFC?

Maybe its the type of team and players.

By the way, I also think they should play as much as they can, depending on injuries, etc.

RavenB said:
Didn't Philly sit out their last couple of regular games last year and then win the NFC?
yes they did and a lot was written about it, the big difference last season they were the ONLY team in the NFC and could get away with coasting into the playoffs based on the teams they would be playing in the playoffs

RavenB said:

Maybe its the type of team and players.

By the way, I also think they should play as much as they can, depending on injuries, etc.
The difference was Philly is a physical team, Indy is all about rythym and timing and that was theoretically messed up with the long down-time.

I think they just choked. For some reason the media refuses to say so....

Bandwagoneer said:
The difference was Philly is a physical team, Indy is all about rythym and timing and that was theoretically messed up with the long down-time.

I think they just choked. For some reason the media refuses to say so....

I tend to agree.... Indy's offense is all about timing, and with that much downtime, it was definitely detrimental.

But, as a man, I like Dungy - and I still think TB done him wrong - so I was hoping he'd get his ring this year, but....

:( :( :(

Back