I need some advice on disney.

king of kings

Grammar offender
Reaction score
I have a 3 day base ticket for my disney trip in December. My brother decided to join me . He wants to go to epcot to drink around the world & eat. So what park should I drop magic kingdom or Animal kingdom.

If you have a park hopper ticket you can drink in Epcot at night.

Other than that, which park to drop depends on what rides you like to do. I'd check the WDW website and compare rides.

I paid 2,150 for Dec 14-18 Port Orleans riverside preferred room. Disney dulexe dining & 3 day base ticket. Didn't charge him anything since he's family.

None of my business. Really. You are a great bro. But he's there on your bus with a free pass. In your shoes, I would expect my brother to insist that my preferences take precident. And I know he would. For sure. If I had a brother. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

None of my business. Really. You are a great bro. But he's there on your bus with a free pass. In your shoes, I would expect my brother to insist that my preferences take precident. And I know he would. For sure. If I had a brother. :coffee:

Cheers, BostonTim

I'm with BT on this. It's your vacation, do what you planned. Many times, you put others before yourself. You're too nice of a guy. Time for you to be a bit selfish and not let others take advantage of you.

Let your brother go drinking and meet up with him later.

Of all the Disney rides, Expedition Everest (animal kingdom) was one of our favorites. Don't rule out Disney Holllywood Studios as Rock and Roller coaster and Tower of Terror are good rides.

Anyone have any must eats at AK & Hollywood studios . I paid for the dulexe so I can eat at a few of the signature dining places .

First of all, the best way to plan a trip down there is to have reservations for dinner every night and that depends on what your package allows for advance reservations.

I'll check with my wife and get back to you, but see if you can determine that from your info or travel agent and get those reservations ASAP. People think they can just walk up to any restaurant there and that is not the case.

At Hollywood Studios I'd go for the Brown Derby if you are a steak guy and Mama Melrose for italian. Both are pretty good, but ask for the Fantasmic package which gets you guaranteed seats to the Fantasmic show which usually takes place close to the park's closing time. That saves you having to wait in a long line and it's worth seeing. I'd say those places are your best bets and many people agree it's worth doing.

Animal Kingdom is mostly counter service, but the Tusker House is a table service place that has a good buffet so you can choose what you want and plenty of it. I thought the food was really good for a buffet.

Also, since you are planning on doing the food and wine at Epcot, I'd recommend getting fast passes as soon as you get in the park because they go really quickly and if you get there at, say, 10AM you might find that the ride times at Test Track or Soaring are already 1PM or so and that makes it complicated to plan your day.

I can't speak to your brother's condition, but Soaring is really a fun and beautiful ride that shouldn't cause him any problems and would let him try a gentler ride. If he doesn't want to do it then you can use his pass to do it twice or do the same thing for Test Track or Mission to Mars which I would recommend he definitely skips. Everybody goes for Soaring and Test Track first, so plan accordingly.

The point is, it's better to do these rides as early in the day as possible so that you can move on to World Showcase and the food and booze in the afternoon without having to skip back and forth. You want to try to minimize the walking, because Epcot can be tiring for folks who don't do a lot of walking. Every Person Comes Out Tired.

Here's another tip: Check out the featured artist and times of the free, live show at the American Adventure and plan on taking a break then because you can get a few cold beers to drink during the show. I've seen Sugar Ray, the Go-gos and Los Lobos there and it's a great place to hang out and rest the legs. If it's a show you really want to see then get there early for prime seats up front.

On a related topic, if he can't handle all the walking then maybe you could get a motorized scooter for him. That way he wouldn't be as likely to get tired and you won't have to wait in lines. They have a separate entrance for scooters at every attraction and a lot of folks take advantage of that. That might be the way to go.

I know the parks pretty well and my wife is really good at it, so feel free to ask questions and if I don't know the answer I'll find out for you.

BTW, I think it is great what you are doing for your brother.

:thumb:

Attention KoK,

I asked my wife about dining reservations and you can make them up to six months in advance. Since you are already well inside of that you should definitely figure out which park you want to do on which day and try to get the best time you can.

Also, you mentioned you are going in December and I wasn't clear whether you were planning on doing the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot. If so, it ends on November 16th, so you won't have that as an option. While you can still "drink your way around the world" at any time the difference is there won't be quite so many choices. Still there are plenty of great options to grab a drink such as Mexico, Germany, America, UK, and Canada.

The best restaurant in World Showcase is Le Cellier in Canada which is one of the best in all of WDW. I believe it takes up two dining credits so that may not be what you want to do, but the place is outstanding. In my last post I recommended the Brown Derby at the Studios and forgot to mention that it might also take up two credits.

Another option you might want to think about for Epcot is Teppan Edo at Japan. You will sit at a table with other folks and they cook steak, chicken and shrimp right at the table. It's a fun place, the chef puts on a show and the food is great.

I encourage you to call soon so you don't end up getting shut out. There are other options, so let me know if you're having trouble and I'll come up with more ideas.

I talked with My brother. I will be doing mk, Hollywood studios & AK . He will be during epcot , Hollywood studios & Animal kingdom. I told him it's his choice on were we are going to eat for lunch & dinner. When we arrive . So far I have cinderella royal table , yachtsman steakhouse , boat wright , 50 prime time & tusker house reserved.

Oh, Ok. You've got some good choices there. I'm pretty sure the Royal Table counts for two dining credits, but I figure you know that.

I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. It's a really nice spot and Boatwright's has really good food.

I literately came back last night from Disney. One suggestion is if you have a smart phone, download the my Disney experience app. It's really helpful in showing the wait times for rides, shows, make lunch and dinner reservations. Also, Fast pass comes in handy for rides that have a long wait time.

Also, Tusker house restaurant is a buffet and the food was alright. Hollywood Brown Derby and Le Cellier was amazing and had impeccable service.

I'm unsure what package you have since your staying on the resort. Some parks will let you in a hour early so you can get there prior to the park opening to the public. Epcot had a ride called Chevy fast track. I used the fast pass for that ride and instead of waiting 70 minutes, I got on it in less than 10 minutes. Yesterday before leaving, I went back to Epcot and went on the ride again and there was a 90 minute wait. Since my wife didn't want to do the ride again, the ride had a single rider line and I stood in line less than 5 minutes and I rode it twice in a row.

Another cool thing to check out is soaring in Epcot.

Magic kingdom was a zoo. So many people go that park.

I hope this helps.

Back