If Seau and Bruschi hang them up

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
I'm thinking today...What is the possibility if both of those guys hang them up we see Belichick move Vrabel/Adalius to the inside, Colvin along with a FA addition for the outside? It would make sense to add a good pass rusher. Both Adalius and Vrabel would be able to keep the ILB position healthy for at least the next 2 seasons. I was just wondering anyway, sound like a plan?

I hope both will stay, since the learning curve for new guy is steep. I think AT is going to be a monster next year-he was clearly the best player on D in the SB. One fast guy in the LB rotation is a huge need, along with a Cromartie clone in the secondary. If they can fill those needs and keep Moss, I think next year will be similar to this season, with a better outcome.

The thing about Adalius is, he might be a better player on the outside.

With guys like Mike Wright and Jarvis Green, it might be time for the Pats to do more 4-3. You have an abundance of D-linemen (Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Green, Wright) and you might have only three legitimate starting-quality LBs (AT, Vrabel, Colvin)... and one of those (Colvin) is coming off injury, again.

I wonder if they can swindle Miami out of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor.... that would help fill some holes. :D

I don't see Adalius staying on the outside. I dunno why you think BB will switch to a 4-3. The debate has been up time and time again, we've had the personel for it yet it never happens. I don't think we'll ever see it because I think Bill likes having his LBs on the field. How many years has Bill actually ever stood behind a 4-3? Two maybe?

Adalius played on the outside a lot this season, not being nearly as effective. I think some people are seeing something and reacting to it way to fast. I like Adalius as an OLB too, but I think he was brought here to be an ILB and that he will continue to be.

We have Colvin coming back who will either restructure or be cut, but I seriously doubt he hesitates to fix his current number. Plus, with AD and Vrabel there is no steep learning curve for the ILB position because both guys have experience in it. Then I think you work to bring in a pass rusher or talk to Miami for Taylor. I dunno what kind of package we could offer that would work out for us overall though.

Back