**** it, I'm not sad

Stevo

Reaction score
Ok, half of this is me trying to convince myself, but here goes

I'm not sad

Why? Because I got to watch one of the greatest season's ever. And probably what will be the greatest Football season of my lifetime.

Did it end in the Ring? No
But who gives a shit, we have 3

The Pats provided me with 18 weeks on cloud nine

What the **** else can I ask of a football franchise?

To hell with mourning, or looking forward

think what they did this year and smile.

Stevo on 02-04-2008 at 02:42 PM said:

I'm not sad

Why? Because I got to watch one of the greatest season's ever. And probably what will be the greatest Football season of my lifetime.

I seriously envy your attitude, but it's too late. If I had taken that approach earlier, I might feel that way, but the last half of the season was more about being stressed about the possibility of losing than enjoying the ride for me.

i wish i shared your optimism. i would trade in all the records and wins this year for a sb win. 14-6 sounds alot better than 18-1 right about now

HomelessJoe on 02-04-2008 at 02:57 PM said:
i wish i shared your optimism. i would trade in all the records and wins this year for a sb win. 14-6 sounds alot better than 18-1 right about now

Actually I like the records, mainly cause it shuts people like D22 up. Well okay, nothing can shut him up but still. :D

Stevo on 02-04-2008 at 02:42 PM said:

I'm not sad

I don't agree with the sentiment of the second half of your post. As BradyManny said, I spent more of the last half of the season fretting when the "first loss" would happen than I did enjoying the games. Then when they hit 16-0 it clearly became all-or-nothing. To go 18-0 and then lose the Super Bowl sucks beyond description.

But I do admit that having three Lombardis helps a bit. Not to mention the rest of the Boston sports scene.

I remember 1986, and how great it felt to get to the Super Bowl... and how bad it felt to lose it. Then ten years later, 1996, how great it felt again... surely, with Parcells and Bledsoe, THIS was it... and then to lose, again. After that, I said, "Please, Lord, just let me see a Patriots SB victory in my lifetime. Then I'll die a happy man."

Then they won it in 2001.

And I said, "Um, Lord? I was only kidding. I really meant... I'd like TWO Super Bowl wins before I die!"

:rolleyes:

"Uhh...... Hi, me again! Um, I was still kinda joking. How about another Super Bowl AND the Red Sox winning the World Series?" ("Phew! Now I'm safe from wrath... no way THAT'LL happen.")

OMG :crying: "Please, Lord... Let me stay here just a little longer... Maybe another World Series win?"

:hang: :suicide:

The point of the story being... We've had it pretty good around here. Three Super Bowl wins out of four appearances, two World Series wins, the Celtics are relevant again, the Revs at least MAKE it to the final game, and the Bruins are... well, did I mention the World Series wins?

I like your attititude. In the words of the hooded one, "It is what it is"

I'm not that down either.

I guess it's just that I wanted them to win. I wanted them to win more than any other year or any other team.

But since they didn't win, I don't care. I don't care that they lost. I just wanted to win.

I never bought into that we had more to lose in this game than the Giants. I never believe stuff like that in any sport.

I give the Giants credit.

Alco on 02-04-2008 at 02:04 PM said:
Actually I like the records, mainly cause it shuts people like D22 up. Well okay, nothing can shut him up but still. :D

Your new avatar is really creepy. It reminds me of your old one.

Re: Re: **** it, I'm not sad

The point of the story being... We've had it pretty good around here. Three Super Bowl wins out of four appearances, two World Series wins, the Celtics are relevant again, the Revs at least MAKE it to the final game, and the Bruins are... well, did I mention the World Series wins? [/B]

Yes, you all have had it pretty good. And you definitely have the yanks numbers now. It could be worse, say IL...cubs 1908 :(, bulls had a great dynasty but they are seriously sucking ass since (still pulling for them tho they dont look to be goin anywhere this year), bears lost last year (that one only hurt me bc of the colts loss in the playoffs, i didnt really care for the bears). I never expected to be a fan of football, until I actually watched that 2002 superbowl. then i was hooked on the nfl, and its only been pats. no one comes closer. so yes, i envy the NE sports scene! It looks pretty awesome from here...

the way I see it, is that 30 other teams didn't even make the superbowl

let alone have a perfect regular season

Back