It sucks, but it's not over..

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
Well, this loss certainly was bad. You know what really burns my ass? How we pretty much did everything to give this game away. Yes, I realize Denver capitalized, yada yada. But when you have FIVE turnovers, three of which are fumbles, well what are you thinking? It sucked, but shit happens. I don't think any team out played one another. I just think Denver out smarted us. Clearly, these players were not in the game today.

But still, I find the idiots who think it's all over to the most uneducated people. Our HC aint goin nowhere, I doubt Magini leaves, and people fail to realize how young our team has become. Also, look at the injuries we've had. To suffer all that and lose because of 5 TOs to a very good home team, thats saying something.

And what it's saying is that this team will be back next year. I don't think we'll lose Seymour, Bruschi, and Harrison for substantial periods of time. And I don't think we'll have so many newcomers trying to learn a difficult scheme on the fly. I just see next year being completely different than this one. every team has its limits. Losing your two coordinators, all the injuries, all the late offseasons, picking last in the draft..It catches up to you. And none of that will be happening with this team this offseason.

Think about it, we have 3 main guys we need to focus on keeping. Adam, Givens, and Seymour. Seymour is not yet a FA so we could possibly skip him this offseason, Adam will not go anywhere, and Givens I'm not to sure about. But the point is, people don't realize how much younger/experienced this team will be next year. Did I mention Harrison was coming back?:D

Look, I've been a fan of this team for a few years. And all I have seen is win after win, trophy after trophy. One bump in the road will do nothing to effect how much I love this team, nothing can effect that. I just don't think we should hang our heads. everything this team has done, and what they did this year going through each and every injury, I think that in itself was incredible.

I think what made it even worse was that now the chance to threepeat, for now, is over. Sure, there is always next year, but it'll be a couple more years before we can try for that again.

But hey, winning a few others this decade I think will be more impressive than a threepeat.:patriots: :patriots: :patriots:

I honestly don't care. If this loss helps us get a young stud in the draft and sets us up for more titles, I'll be glad we lost this game years from now. We'll see.

Think of it this way:

We're not Yankees fans. We shouldn't demand a championship year after year. It takes a loss like this just to think about how good we have it in Patriots Nation. How many teams would kill to be in the divisional playoffs just once, let alone win 3 out of 4 SBs?

I think, no, I KNOW we'll be back stronger than ever next year, everyone healthy again, ready for #4.

JPK

Back