Its Official - Jones Franchised

NoRespect said:
What DID you understand about my post freak? It's a much smaller subset. And this was your reply to mine, remember?

Excuse me........

But let me refresh your memory about how this started..........

Pookie said: "And he's gonna bitch about it and probably not show up for off season work outs!"

To which I responded: "I have no problem with him not showing up for workouts.

1. He's not under contract. Being designated a franchise player doesn't give him a contract. He must first sign the tender. Why should he be obligated to participate, if he's not being compensated for doing so?

2. Workouts are not mandatory, regardless of how the coaching staff views it. Of course, this point is made irrelevant by #1. Jones is not under contract, so he has no obligation or incentive to attend workouts. "

In other words, I gave my opinion why I don't think his not participating in offseason workouts wasn't a big deal.

Nowhere in this were you a factor.

But you just had to make yourself a factor by responding, quoting MY post to pookie, and saying: " I think it goes beyond the issue of compensation. He is after all being guaranteed to be at least one of the top five highest paid safeties in the league (six if the top five receive the identical salary) so compensation isn't part of the equation. And I don't really buy the argument that the "timing" of the compensation is the issue that he was having. His threat not to participate was not made due to the lack of a contract, it was made due to his perception that he was worth more money. "

In other words, YOU contradicted me. But apparently you think that when you contradict someone, it is only in the name of discussion. But not when I do it. :rolleyes:

Keep trying, moderator.

Of course the point you've missed in all of this is.......

All I ever said was that I have no problem with Tebucky not participating in workouts, because he has no obligation or incentive to attend.

Somehow you tried to turn that into me saying that the reason Tebucky wasn't attending, was because he didn't have a contract. :rolleyes:

:D

freak said:
YOU QUOTED MY POST TO POOKIE.

Listen JARHEAD, don't be telling me that your post was a reply to Pookie. That is BULLSHIT! That's the same approach you take WHENEVER someone calls you on something. Obfuscation. Look it up. You twist everything around to cover up for your shortcomings. And your last post is more of the same crap.....

All anyone reading this has to do is watch you contradict yourself! Now that last one is funny. I didn't say that I said this. I didn't say this I was speaking to him. I didn't say it to him I was talking to you. I didn't talk to you I was talking to myself. ROFL Classic stuff.

And then you reply multiple times to a person's response. What's the matter FREAK, afraid someone might actually READ the other person's comments so you try to OVERWHELM them with bullshit?

I'm done posting with you on this subject freak. :zzz: You don't understand how to have a debate. Why don't you go back to plagiarizing Internet draft information and passing it off as your first hand opinion.

I WILL keep you around FREAK. You provide great COMIC RELIEF!

Please tell me you are NOT this brainless.......

My first post on this thread was the following:

freak
quote:Originally posted by pookie
And he's gonna bitch about it and probably not show up for off season work outs! I wish I had his problem of being one of the top paid "employees" at my position and being guaranteed 3.043 mil next year!

I have no problem with him not showing up for workouts.

1. He's not under contract. Being designated a franchise player doesn't give him a contract. He must first sign the tender. Why should he be obligated to participate, if he's not being compensated for doing so?

2. Workouts are not mandatory, regardless of how the coaching staff views it. Of course, this point is made irrelevant by #1. Jones is not under contract, so he has no obligation or incentive to attend workouts.

That said...................

I don't think he's worth the franchise tag. He's not progressed to the point that he's worth it, and hasn't showed enough to think that he will be worth it. He's a helluva special teamer, but his mental mistakes on defense aren't worth $3 Million a year.

That is what I said.

POOKIE was who I was responding to.

You responded contradicting what I had posted, up to and including quoting what I had written to POOKIE, and even editing what I had written to leave out my 2nd point.

Get a grip on yourself, moderator. And get over yourself.

Forget your medication today? You've seriously lost control.

And before you go accuse me of plagiarizing anything, perhaps you'd like to provide an example.

As I recall, the only draft post I've made on this site, was my own original analysis of the Top 13 picks, over the last 10 years.

You'll keep me around? Puhlease.

Apparently you think Moderator status brings with it the status of arrogant jerk. Well if that's the case, you're playing it to a "T".

freak said:
You responded contradicting what I had posted, up to and including quoting what I had written to POOKIE, and even editing what I had written to leave out my 2nd point.

What are you babbling about now? :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor, NR, and read this thread from top to bottom.

And then try to tell me that I was not replying to Pookie.

:rolleyes:

freak said:
Do yourself a favor, NR, and read this thread from top to bottom. And then try to tell me that I was not replying to Pookie.

Yes freak, you responded to Pookie originally. Pookie's post about Jones whining that he got tagged was so compelling that you replied four or five times to it. I myself was replying to Hawg73 and Pookie and speaking rhetorically at the same time. What makes you think my comments were addressed to you? :confused:

I am not going to read your remarks again freak, I understood them the first time. I assure you that by RE-READING them I would not be doing myself any FAVORS. You can misdirect remarks and obfuscate all you want. Most people here see it for what it is -- an attempt to deflect the remarks rather than reply to them. However, you did start replying to them....but that must have been an accident.

Since you aren't really arguing with me -- Why are you still arguing? Where is Pookie -- and how come he doesn't feel compelled by your arguments obviously directed TO HIM to reply? Are you arguing on your free time or is this really abuse and I am in the wrong thread. If you aren't freakin' arguing with me freak -- are you going to reply three or for more times IN A ROW to PROVE IT? Really your whole argument is a bad parody of a Monty Python skit.

I am done with my portion of this "one-sided" argument freak. I only wish you had taken the time to join in..... You are of course entitled to continue to NOT argue as long as you choose. I'll let you have the last word because you will anyway. Will your "last" word (try to keep it under five or six posts) be to me or TO POOKIE?

NoRespect said:
Yes freak, you responded to Pookie originally. Pookie's post about Jones whining that he got tagged was so compelling that you replied four or five times to it. I myself was replying to Hawg73 and Pookie and speaking rhetorically at the same time. What makes you think my comments were addressed to you? :confused:

Well, that is settled. You are THAT brainless.

At least you've finally admitted that I was replying to pookie.

My second post on this thread, was simply MY OPINION about Jones' comments. They were not in reply to anyone in particular.

My 3rd post was again in reply to POOKIE, regarding a question he asked.

So once again, you are factually WRONG. I did not reply to it 4 or 5 times. I replied to pookie ONCE, on two different posts.

What makes me think your comments were directed at me?

Gee, it couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that YOU WERE QUOTING MY REPLY TO POOKIE, immediately following my 2nd reply to POOKIE.

I didn't start any arguments with anyone. I simply responded to a comment that POOKIE made, giving my own opinion.

YOU just had to contradict my opinion. YOU. This thread has only gone on because of YOU.

You're lost. And you're wrong. The problem is that you can't admit it. And worse yet, is that you lash out with unsubstantiated accusations, when you are proven wrong.

Grow up, moderator.

freak said:
At least you've finally admitted that I was replying to pookie.

Sarcasm freak, SARCASM. Did you notice the word ORIGINALLY! Add ONE MORE CONCEPT that you don't understand. I knew that would go right over your head --everything else does.

NoRespect said:
Sarcasm freak, SARCASM. Did you notice the word ORIGINALLY! Add ONE MORE CONCEPT that you don't understand. I knew that would go right over your head --everything else does.

:rolleyes:

You have never before acknowledged that my reply was NOT to you.

But......

If I were originally replying to Pookie, why then was I responding to you afterwards?

Because YOU just had to make an issue of what I had written. YOU had to contradict for the sake of contradicting. And when you consider that your argument is FACTUALLY WRONG, it your inability to admit that, which is all the more funny.

Back