JDNumbahz and LW's trip to Hawaii

Okay, time to get serious again. The battleship is on the base, which means, um, don't mess around with anything or you'll get shot. :rolleyes:

<--- insert your own Navy / seaman / Village People / Claremonster joke here --->

Made me want to watch "Starblazers"...

A lot of people don't know that the Missouri, as well as other mothballed battleships, were put back into service for the Gulf War, Round One. So this ship fired shots in WWII, Korea, and the Gulf War to boot. When they brought her out of mothballs, no one made ammunition for her any more, but luckily they had a whole bunch of unused shells from WWII. They also slapped a couple of missile launching bays on her for some Tomahawks. :thumb: She actually fired the very first missile in the Gulf War.

"Uhhh... Excuse me? Umm, why do we have Japan's copy? Weren't they supposed to get that one?" :rolleyes:

(Apparently, we have both copies, for some reason.)

The spot where the war ended, right next to the spot where it started.

Last stop before the airport was a small place called Sea Life Park, which looked like an old, run-down, Sea World wannabe. Best part about it was the landscape it was in (on the east coast of Oahu).

I guess I wouldn't mind going to work every day if this was my view.

Back