JDNumbahz and LW's trip to Hawaii

It was about two degrees cooler than Hell, so we only stayed for one dolphin show.

So, in a "caption this pic" way... what do you think this dolphin is thinking? Hmmmmmm?

Last shot. Hope you enjoyed your free trip to Hawaii. If you enjoyed it, I have about 700 more pictures that I didn't post. (Unfortunately, most of them are just different shots of the same things....)

Great shots JD! I have almost the exact same pix of Pearl Harbor, right down to the flag flying in the breeze. I missed the whales too. My pix were taken on an old Kodak, yours are much better.

I really liked the rainbow shots, thanks for sharing.

Amazing shots.

Thanks for sharing.

How was the Pride of America?

Beautiful pictures. I'm a little unclear about the waterfall, which show was that used in again?

Awesome pics and commentary! I'm looking forward to my someday date-to-be-determined trip to teh Hawaii... :)

A long list of things to see, too. The Pacific War Memorial, Camp Maui where the 4th Marine Division trained for Iwo, etc...

But Clare you went with me. Oops was that someone else???

Awesome pics and commentary! I'm looking forward to my someday date-to-be-determined trip to teh Hawaii... :)

A long list of things to see, too. The Pacific War Memorial, Camp Maui where the 4th Marine Division trained for Iwo, etc...

You could probably blend in there well, too, 'cause everyone's a mix of Hawaiian, Asian, and other cultures. Pasty white people are obviously tourists. :D

BTW, I see you've acquired a second yellow starfish while I was away...

You could probably blend in there well, too, 'cause everyone's a mix of Hawaiian, Asian, and other cultures. Pasty white people are obviously tourists. :D

BTW, I see you've acquired a second yellow starfish while I was away...

Well, I'm looking forward to the trip, when it happens. Of course, I'll be getting married to the love of my life when I'm there, so that will make the trip that much cooler :)

That JD and LW. I really enjoyed going to Hawaii with you guys!:)

Approaching the memorial.

I'll shut up for a while, as I think it's appropriate. It was very quiet there. A few things to remember: the thousands who died on the Arizona are still entombed below the surface, and the wreck to this day still leaks oil, like its lifeblood, causing murky pools on the surface. There are little fish darting about, a taunting yet reassuring sign of life continuing. People also scatter flowers on the water as an offering.

I think going to Pearl Harbor should be a requirement of every U.S. citizen.

As we left the memorial, in the pic where I turned back to take a few shots of the building, that's my father-in-law who walked into the shot (which, in hindsight, was rather fitting).

When my brother went there he was approached by a confused Japanese tourist who asked him in halting english "Where is the USS Arizona?". Jerry was in a somber mood and told the guy "It's where your people left it" and walked away.

Excellent pics. I enjoyed them very much. :thumb: Glad you had a great time, and it's definitely a place that I would like to visit someday. Thank God for the Disney Vacation Club membership. :)

When my brother went there he was approached by a confused Japanese tourist who asked him in halting english "Where is the USS Arizona?". Jerry was in a somber mood and told the guy "It's where your people left it" and walked away.

I like that answer, response, approach, and delivery. Liked it very much. :thumb:

That was so much fun, JD. Thanks for taking me on the trip with you, LW, and the in-laws. I especially liked all of those pictures of LW picking up pretty shells on the beach, and you sitting at the tiki bar with a pina colada. :thumb:

Next time can we go to Paradise Island? :D

That was so much fun, JD. Thanks for taking me on the trip with you, LW, and the in-laws. I especially liked all of those pictures of LW picking up pretty shells on the beach, and you sitting at the tiki bar with a pina colada. :thumb:

We don't take, or want, pictures of ourselves on vacation. We know what we look like. We don't go to Alaska, the Mediterranean, or Hawaii to see each other; we could stay home and do that for free! :D

Back