Kikaha to Pats?

Gronky3000

Reaction score
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Saints DE Hau'oli Kikaha is a name to "keep an eye on" as we close in on the trade deadline.
A 2015 second-round pick, Kikaha recorded four sacks as a rookie but suffered a torn ACL in his left knee for the third time and missed all of 2016. He has played 82 rotational snaps this season and has two sacks to show for it. Kikaha could bring back a late-round pick for a pass rush-needy team, but wouldn't fetch more than that. NESN's Doug Kyed mentions the Patriots as a possibility. Oct 20 - 10:32 AM

What do you think he would bring to the Patriots? We're 4-2 and we need all the help we can get on the defense.

Why would teh Saints trade him? And why would they trade him for a late round pick?

Why would teh Saints trade him? And why would they trade him for a late round pick?

He sounds like an IR trip waiting to happen. I’m sure the Saints would be glad for someone else to take the risk, while getting an asset back. Plus, it’s not like he’s a key starter on their team or anything.

I doubt he would help much, or blow out a knee again, so I would pass.

If we can possibly get him, then we should do it.

The money is relative pocket change and won't hurt us if he can't help.

Kikaha has size and skill and immediately displayed plus pass-rushing skills as a rookie. Of course, if his knee is junk then that is a big factor, but we need a guy who can step in and provide pressure and that is him.

He didn't appear to be a cripple when we played the Saints. I thought he looked fast and strong when he sacked Brady.

Back