Marion Barber RIP

Holy shit and throwing out an absolute what the fuck?

Cowboy or not that cat rocked.

I live by the thought that a fully lived life, with all that entails is never too short. Jim Morrison anyone?

I don't know anything about Marion's life but I saw the beauty he brought to the football field with his old school toughness.

If I were a praying man I would pray that he lived life as he did on the football field of battle.

Damn. Rest in peace Marion. 💖😪

Several mental health evaluations over the past few years. Welcome back to the CTE conversation.

If there is one pro sports league where the players are not overpaid, it's the NFL. If there's one league where guaranteed contracts should be a thing, it's the NFL

In all seriousness, the owners should create a foundation that is dedicated to research focused on ways to reduce the impacts of all the impacts, so to speak. They should consider every possibility, from removing helmets and some pads to adding technology or materials.

They should also consider very publicly creating a fund for retired players, particularly for those who played before the union got any leverage in the early 90s, to fund payments through their retirements or a lump sum to their families. They can couch it as an acknowledgement that the remarkably successful league was built on their backs, never mentioning or inferring anything about CTE or any responsibility, but people would get it.

In all seriousness, the owners should create a foundation that is dedicated to research focused on ways to reduce the impacts of all the impacts, so to speak. They should consider every possibility, from removing helmets and some pads to adding technology or materials.
No way do I ever see that happening. Hell, look at how much fans bitch about how "soft" the game is now every time the NFL puts a rule in place to protect the players. The money is in the violence. Take that away and fans are going to leave. Sadly, this is the price that most of these players are going to have to pay and they all know it.

No way do I ever see that happening. Hell, look at how much fans bitch about how "soft" the game is now every time the NFL puts a rule in place to protect the players. The money is in the violence. Take that away and fans are going to leave. Sadly, this is the price that most of these players are going to have to pay and they all know it.
I don't want to reduce the violence, though I do think Ditka's idea of taking helmets away would do that. But you're right, there's something about the pop of the pads.

As long as all parties know the risks and assume them voluntarily. But no one really knew until recently, and I think owners should compensate players who didn't know. Not that they're obligated to do so in any way - they're not. But everyone gets to where there are by standing on someone's grave, even though they didn't cause the death through any fault, or at all. It's good to acknowledge that. In this case, it's crystal clear and very public whose graves the owners are standing on. It's equally clear that they did nothing wrong. It's just the right thing to do.

Reactions: Alk
Several mental health evaluations over the past few years. Welcome back to the CTE conversation.

If there is one pro sports league where the players are not overpaid, it's the NFL. If there's one league where guaranteed contracts should be a thing, it's the NFL

They should also consider very publicly creating a fund for retired players, particularly for those who played before the union got any leverage in the early 90s, to fund payments through their retirements or a lump sum to their families. They can couch it as an acknowledgement that the remarkably successful league was built on their backs, never mentioning or inferring anything about CTE or any responsibility, but people would get it.
The rugby guys even more so now as they're not paid anywhere near the NFL levels but concussions and brain injury is now a serious concern as the players are bigger and more explosive than they were in the past and head to head contact or head to elbow, knee is now too common with players getting sparked on the field.

Plus, due to no helmets, rugby players have to then live with cauliflower ears for the rest of their lives! Ewwwwww.

England-Rugby-Training-011.jpg

101009760-c4258b6c-7596-4ee5-94c0-52dc9c783c42.jpg

Chris%20Jack

0ec4cf63deea27f56ff02da8cf1314ff.jpeg

The rugby guys even more so now as they're not paid anywhere near the NFL levels but concussions and brain injury is now a serious concern as the players are bigger and more explosive than they were in the past and head to head contact or head to elbow, knee is now too common with players getting sparked on the field.

Plus, due to no helmets, rugby players have to then live with cauliflower ears for the rest of their lives! Ewwwwww.

England-Rugby-Training-011.jpg

101009760-c4258b6c-7596-4ee5-94c0-52dc9c783c42.jpg

Chris%20Jack

0ec4cf63deea27f56ff02da8cf1314ff.jpeg
Yeah, wrestlers get those as well. Who's looking after the crazy fuckers who are keeping the hurling fans entertained?

Back