mike reiss reports bethel practiced.

stainlee

Reaction score
didn't see this posted yet. 8 players for (possibly) 6 positions.

with the way hobbs and dwight looked on returns, i think bethel is a goner.

i think either p. k. sam or david terrell goes with johnson. i read earlier during camp that terrell looked real slow compared to the rest of the receivers.

should be interesting watching them tomorrow (actually, tonight).

good luck mgo. :rolleyes:

August 31, 2005
Bethel is back
Receiver Bethel Johnson has returned to practice and is no longer on the physically unable to perform list, the Patriots confirmed on Wednesday night. The move adds further intrigue to the logjam at the position.

Deion Branch, David Givens, Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Andre Davis, David Terrell, P.K. Sam and Johnson comprise the top eight players on the depth chart. Last year, the team kept six receivers on its 53-man roster entering the regular season.

The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Johnson, one of the most explosive players in the NFL, made his primary contributions as a kickoff returner the last two seasons, averaging an impressive 26.2 yards per return. As a receiver, he has 26 catches over his first two seasons.

--Mike

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 09:12:41 PM | Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:rolleyes:

stainlee said:
The 5-foot-11, 200-pound Johnson, one of the most explosive players in the NFL,

That might be reaching just a bit.

Re: Re: mike reiss reports bethel practiced.

Annihilus said:
That might be reaching just a bit.

Well, unless by explosive, he meant able to blow up.

I've seen, on several occasions, Bethel blow up a play. Just completely killed it. :shake:

This is an interesting development :eek:

All along we've been assuming that Bethel would start on the PUP. Now that he's been taken off the list, he's no longer eligible for it. So, let's see where we stand (IMHO):

Locks: Branch, Givens
Should be OK (but you never know): Brown, Dwight, Davis
Bubble: Sam, Terrell, Johnson
Gone: Childress (possible practice squad), Baker, James

I would expect that the bubble guys will see lots of time tonight. Dwight and Davis should see alot of time as well.

I can't see the Pats keeping more than one of the bubble players. Perhaps we'll be shocked at a cut (from the "you never know" list).

This will definitely be one of the more interesting things to look at tonight.

Re: Re: Re: mike reiss reports bethel practiced.

mgoblue101415 said:
Well, unless by explosive, he meant able to blow up.

I've seen, on several occasions, Bethel blow up a play. Just completely killed it. :shake:

Kind of reminds of me of a receiver who played for Chicago the last few years who is on the Patriots roster now. Gosh, why can't I remember his name? :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: mike reiss reports bethel practiced.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
Kind of reminds of me of a receiver who played for Chicago the last few years who is on the Patriots roster now. Gosh, why can't I remember his name? :D

:4321:

Re: Re: Re: Re: mike reiss reports bethel practiced.

Bruschi 3:16 said:

ROFL

Back