My Mother"s Day Wish

Effing schwing!!!! :bow:

I'm thinking about getting a little something for the street since I am starting to master the dirt bike. I love riding, it's almost spiritual.

Effing schwing!!!! :bow:

I'm thinking about getting a little something for the street since I am starting to master the dirt bike. I love riding, it's almost spiritual.

Hi Jh! you getting any air time on that dirt bike yet?

Hi Jh! you getting any air time on that dirt bike yet?

Actually, a little bit today. Just a couple of inches, though. I gotta keep my throttle open to keep that power band ready!

But I was tearing the chit out of the mountain side, climbing everything I could see! It was such a rush, better than any drugs I have done, for sure. :thumb:

Actually, a little bit today. Just a couple of inches, though. I gotta keep my throttle open to keep that power band ready!

But I was tearing the chit out of the mountain side, climbing everything I could see! It was such a rush, better than any drugs I have done, for sure. :thumb:

Thats how it starts! You play "just an inch" and the next thing you know you are going all the way, with your legs in the air and you are screaming at the top of your lungs!:D

Seriously, did my advice help? Very important on a four stroke to keep some throttle on before approaching the jump. Ah, for the old 2 stroke days when you could idle up to the jump with the compression release on, let go the release, touch the throttle and get big air! My first "real" dirt bike was an Ossa SDR! I had geared the thing down with a 22 tooth rear sprocket! Technically street legal, I registered it so I could ride the roads between the trails with impunity. The thing could climb a 4' wall. All I had to do to pull the front wheel up or do a donut was let go the compression release and either lift a bit on the bars and sit back, or put a leg down and lie the bike against the leg. The thing would throw mud in 4th! Big air and climbing was that bike's forte!

Arod = overrated

He isn't half the player Chipper Jones is.

They both get the same injury on the same day... within 10 minutes of each other actually.

Chipper keeps playing (and great btw)

Arod, well.... he ends up licking his vagina on DL for the past 2 weeks.

Thats how it starts! You play "just an inch" and the next thing you know you are going all the way, with your legs in the air and you are screaming at the top of your lungs!:D

Seriously, did my advice help? Very important on a four stroke to keep some throttle on before approaching the jump. Ah, for the old 2 stroke days when you could idle up to the jump with the compression release on, let go the release, touch the throttle and get big air! My first "real" dirt bike was an Ossa SDR! I had geared the thing down with a 22 tooth rear sprocket! Technically street legal, I registered it so I could ride the roads between the trails with impunity. The thing could climb a 4' wall. All I had to do to pull the front wheel up or do a donut was let go the compression release and either lift a bit on the bars and sit back, or put a leg down and lie the bike against the leg. The thing would throw mud in 4th! Big air and climbing was that bike's forte!

My bike is a 2 stroke, a Kawi kx, which is the highest performance bike, the motocross bike.

Your advice is the exact advice my old man tells me. Very sound, I just had to get the balls to do it. I've been riding these past few months (we just got the bikes in Jan with tax returns), just learning how to these past few months, on a bike that had no front hand brake and a bald azz rear tire. My back end slide around so much and I wasn't really able to do alot beside cruise and get the hang of the throttle and all that because Ol' Betsy Lou just wasn't ready for it. Now that I have a brand new back tire and front hand brake I am ready to rip chit up. But I still had to get over that "oh noes! my bike is in control not me!" feeling. It's on now. I feel like the bike is an extension of my ass and that I am fully in control. I am able to do stuff that makes the undoable things of before look like the bunny hill. Today I was trying everything and pushing myself. It kicked all sorts of ass. Those things are made to mob- ruts, ditches, hills- no problem.

I got those inches by listening to the advice, and I understand what I have to do. But I thought the powerband was just for speed and no performance. I mean, I get it up there and hit it on the straight aways and all that, but I thought as long as I was just doing hilly stuff I didn't need to keep it at the band. I suppose that's why I didn't get more air, that last rev on the throttle wasn't snapping the powerband like it should to give me that last jolt. I gotta remember it's a racing 2 stroke engine, it needs to be revved all the time. My bike is just now riding at perfection (besides the hand brake and the rear tire, a mess of other chit was wrong with it) so I need to ride it like it's meant to me. And I am getting there, my bike is a hell of a bike to just be learning on, that's for damn sure. I am always the only broad on 2 wheels, and my bike is more bad ass than a lot of the ones that most of the dudes out there ride. I think maybe it would have been better if I learned on a 4 stroke, but what the hell- if your gonna do it, do it balls out, right? I am there now. I know what I have to do. Today was the first day that I really was able to do it like I've been wanting to, doing shit that some of the dudes out there wont do. So ****ing fun. Personal fun- I don't have a lot of things that are about just me and what I do. This was all about me, what I can do, what I can push myself to do and what shit I did not eat while doing so. :D I effing love it.

The next couple of weekends will be busy for us- all the Italians are coming out for a lunch that I have to go to and then the next couple of weekends we will be moving. I am anxious to ride again, I know next time I will get air, but it's cool because we are moving back to the country and are place is on 5 acres, so lots of space to dick around on, for sure. Some good hills, so I am excited to be able to just go out whenever I want (diaper changing and lunch making, considered, of course.) :D

Arod = overrated

He isn't half the player Chipper Jones is.

They both get the same injury on the same day... within 10 minutes of each other actually.

Chipper keeps playing (and great btw)

Arod, well.... he ends up licking his vagina on DL for the past 2 weeks.

Good god, growing up a Braves fan I wanted to marry Mr. Larry Wayne Jones. Something about a country boy who can ball. wuv and those pants, those pants

My bike is a 2 stroke, a Kawi kx, which is the highest performance bike, the motocross bike.

Your advice is the exact advice my old man tells me. Very sound, I just had to get the balls to do it. I've been riding these past few months (we just got the bikes in Jan with tax returns), just learning how to these past few months, on a bike that had no front hand brake and a bald azz rear tire. My back end slide around so much and I wasn't really able to do alot beside cruise and get the hang of the throttle and all that because Ol' Betsy Lou just wasn't ready for it. Now that I have a brand new back tire and front hand brake I am ready to rip chit up. But I still had to get over that "oh noes! my bike is in control not me!" feeling. It's on now. I feel like the bike is an extension of my ass and that I am fully in control. I am able to do stuff that makes the undoable things of before look like the bunny hill. Today I was trying everything and pushing myself. It kicked all sorts of ass. Those things are made to mob- ruts, ditches, hills- no problem.

I got those inches by listening to the advice, and I understand what I have to do. But I thought the powerband was just for speed and no performance. I mean, I get it up there and hit it on the straight aways and all that, but I thought as long as I was just doing hilly stuff I didn't need to keep it at the band. I suppose that's why I didn't get more air, that last rev on the throttle wasn't snapping the powerband like it should to give me that last jolt. I gotta remember it's a racing 2 stroke engine, it needs to be revved all the time. My bike is just now riding at perfection (besides the hand brake and the rear tire, a mess of other chit was wrong with it) so I need to ride it like it's meant to me. And I am getting there, my bike is a hell of a bike to just be learning on, that's for damn sure. I am always the only broad on 2 wheels, and my bike is more bad ass than a lot of the ones that most of the dudes out there ride. I think maybe it would have been better if I learned on a 4 stroke, but what the hell- if your gonna do it, do it balls out, right? I am there now. I know what I have to do. Today was the first day that I really was able to do it like I've been wanting to, doing shit that some of the dudes out there wont do. So ****ing fun. Personal fun- I don't have a lot of things that are about just me and what I do. This was all about me, what I can do, what I can push myself to do and what shit I did not eat while doing so. :D I effing love it.

The next couple of weekends will be busy for us- all the Italians are coming out for a lunch that I have to go to and then the next couple of weekends we will be moving. I am anxious to ride again, I know next time I will get air, but it's cool because we are moving back to the country and are place is on 5 acres, so lots of space to dick around on, for sure. Some good hills, so I am excited to be able to just go out whenever I want (diaper changing and lunch making, considered, of course.) :D

Good for you Jh! But the cool thing about a 2 stroke is you usually dont need to keep the throttle open to have the band right there at your fingertips! But you are running a KX motocross bike. Built for speed and a need for a few rpms to get it to perform. Check this out! Go to your bike shop and ask for a bigger rear sprocket with a few less teeth. You will be slower. But your bike will be an absolute animal! The first time you hit that throttle, you will chit! Cuz the damn thing is gonna try to lift the front wheel all by itself! And I hope your new rear tire is at least a 2 1/2" knob! Put that sprocket on and a 3" knob and you will throw mud for 50'!

Good for you Jh! But the cool thing about a 2 stroke is you usually dont need to keep the throttle open to have the band right there at your fingertips! But you are running a KX motocross bike. Built for speed and a need for a few rpms to get it to perform. Check this out! Go to your bike shop and ask for a bigger rear sprocket with a few less teeth. You will be slower. But your bike will be an absolute animal! The first time you hit that throttle, you will chit! Cuz the damn thing is gonna try to lift the front wheel all by itself! And I hope your new rear tire is at least a 2 1/2" knob! Put that sprocket on and a 3" knob and you will throw mud for 50'!

ROFL I'll just stick to what I have. I'm just a girl, remember? ;) The bigger rear sprocket sounds cool, though. I know I rode my husband's 250 today- it's a 2 stroke but it's a KDX, a trail riding bike. The thing had some serious balls, big ass bike, but I got so much power just starting out in 1st gear- I can tell a difference between the kx and the kdx. Or maybe it was the 2x the power, possibly :p 1st gear felt like the balls I get topped out in 2nd on my bike. Head jerking power. No leading upto it, either, like it feels like on my bike. Straight from the get go.

ROFL I'll just stick to what I have. I'm just a girl, remember? ;) The bigger rear sprocket sounds cool, though. I know I rode my husband's 250 today- it's a 2 stroke but it's a KDX, a trail riding bike. The thing had some serious balls, big ass bike, but I got so much power just starting out in 1st gear- I can tell a difference between the kx and the kdx. Or maybe it was the 2x the power, possibly :p 1st gear felt like the balls I get topped out in 2nd on my bike. Head jerking power. No leading upto it, either, like it feels like on my bike. Straight from the get go.

Get the sprocket! Your bike will perform like your husband's! The sprocket on my trials bike was almost as big as the wheel! and it only had 24 teeth. Your bike is built for top end speed of an open track. You are riding trails. Get a bigger sprocket with a couple less teeth. You will not regret it!:)

edit! I never forget you are a girl!wuv But I am trying to get your bike to be more responsive without the needed speed of an MX bike. That will make you instantly better, and you will not need to go so fast! Better girls bike! Plus! you can coat all the riders behind you in mud every time you hit the throttle!

Also -1 in the front is the same as +2 in the back.

Keep telling yourself that. :p

I've heard about changing sprocket size, I think that would definitely help my personal riding style. I like to climb, I (would) like to jump- racing, not really. I like going fast, it's hella fun, but I'm more into the above.

Get the sprocket! Your bike will perform like your husband's! The sprocket on my trials bike was almost as big as the wheel! and it only had 24 teeth. Your bike is built for top end speed of an open track. You are riding trails. Get a bigger sprocket with a couple less teeth. You will not regret it!:)

edit! I never forget you are a girl!wuv But I am trying to get your bike to be more responsive without the needed speed of an MX bike. That will make you instantly better, and you will not need to go so fast! Better girls bike! Plus! you can coat all the riders behind you in mud every time you hit the throttle!

Better girls bike? :sulk: I don't want it to be girlish. I want to rip shit up in a manly fashion. LOL, I get ya, I need the power to be more low end. I agree. But I don't just put around, I get pinned out, I haul decent ass and I really love that, too. Just trail riding is more my element. But still ass hauling trail riding. I don't just cruise my way up and down. I guess you really can't otherwise you'd bog out. :shrug:

Would the bigger rear end **** me when I want to haul ass? I guess I do equal amounts of the different types of riding, so maybe I should just leave it alone? I don't want to take away from either way, that's for sure.

ROFL

bigger=more teeth

I'm sure that what you meant to say.

Also -1 in the front is the same as +2 in the back.

;)

Nope! Bigger sprocket and less teeth!:D

You are right about the front vs back in a conventional arrangement. But you need to change the sprocket tooth size front and back and chain size! Big chain. Open teeth. Big rear. Less teeth.=An. Im. Al.

She can take her 125 cc Mx bike and make it sooooo slow. Comparitively. But given some time and skill, she will be able to keep the front wheel up at will. She will be able to climb any hill. She will be able to just hit her throttle and throw mud into the next county. And she will be able to get air off an ant hill. All at slow speeds which will make her feel safe.

Nope! Bigger sprocket and less teeth!:D

You are right about the front vs back in a conventional arrangement. But you need to change the sprocket tooth size front and back and chain size! Big chain. Open teeth. Big rear. Less teeth.=An. Im. Al.

She can take her 125 cc Mx bike and make it sooooo slow. Comparitively. But given some time and skill, she will be able to keep the front wheel up at will. She will be able to climb any hill. She will be able to just hit her throttle and throw mud into the next county. And she will be able to get air off an ant hill. All at slow speeds which will make her feel safe.

I am here, you know :p

I like going fast speeds. :shrug: Did I say I was ascared somewhere? If I did it was more of less because I wasn't really ready yet because of the no front hand brake and bald rear tire. But now I feel safe since my bike is up to par, and especially since I am really being able to ride like I'm supposed to. I just like mobbin' up and down hills n' stuff.

It's the bagina, isn't it.

Back