New 2012 NFL Mock Draft

I am going to guess we will not draft an ILB in the 1st rd

And Melvin Ingram doesn't play WR

I don't think this is a good source for quality info

And we're not taking Jenkins as our first pick.

Try again.

Well, the most glaring error is YOU GOT THE ORDER WRONG! :D

Ugh! I should've kept my big mouth shut.

OK, as far as the mock draft goes:

If we draft a CB (with mega character concerns btw), who do we bench? Our first rounder from a few years ago, the guy who tied for the league lead in ints this season or the guy who we drafted with the first pick of the 2nd round?

Yes, the Pats' D-backfield was pretty bad this year. But the talent at CB is there. I have no doubt Chung being out several games, the lack of a good FS and the lack of cohesion (and possibly some coaching issues) were a huge part of that. IMO, the way to solve that is not to draft another CB early. What's that saying about insanity being doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?

And did I mention J. Jenkins has character concerns out the wazoo?

As far as the Hightower pick. Absolutely love, love, love it! He can play multiple positions on the front 7 and if those troubling tweets from Spikes last summer resurface (or get worse) we've got a stud replacement if needed. If not needed at ILB he's a big upgrade at OLB.

I doubt Hightower lasts that long; he's a top 20 talent.

I like Jenkins' ability but his off field issues, lack of need at CB, and smurf size are against him for this team. We need a S but this class is deficient there.

I actually think Hightower falls to us with the 1st pick. I'd love to have him, but knowing BB, we probably won't. He never goes for high-profile players. Although he does like Saban, so I guess you never know.

There are other CBs out there, because we will never draft Jenkins, and I think a 2nd round pick of Gilmore or Minnnifield might happen. Then again, we might get a center and a RB, knowing the way BB drafts.

I've decided not to have a binky this year (truth be told, I love Upshaw and he's really my binky). After the last couple of drafts, when I would have sold my soul for Barwin and then last year Pierre-Paul, I just can't hang my hat on anyone again. I was bashed to shit for touting JPP, and, um, yeah...I'll just leave it at that.

I actually think Hightower falls to us with the 1st pick. I'd love to have him, but knowing BB, we probably won't. He never goes for high-profile players. Although he does like Saban, so I guess you never know.

There are other CBs out there, because we will never draft Jenkins, and I think a 2nd round pick of Gilmore or Minnnifield might happen. Then again, we might get a center and a RB, knowing the way BB drafts.

I've decided not to have a binky this year (truth be told, I love Upshaw and he's really my binky). After the last couple of drafts, when I would have sold my soul for Barwin and then last year Pierre-Paul, I just can't hang my hat on anyone again. I was bashed to shit for touting JPP, and, um, yeah...I'll just leave it at that.

I was strongly considering Peter Konz for the Pats with their first pick. I think I might have it that way next go around.

I was strongly considering Peter Konz for the Pats with their first pick. I think I might have it that way next go around.

Well, I would have to say that with Koppen coming back at around, what, $4 mil, we're not going to keep both Koppen and Connelly. So whichever one goes, and I suspect it will be Koppen, the remaining center will need a decent backup. Connelly is versatile, so I think he stays. I think a center is definitely in the cards for this draft.

Although I do like Janoris Jenkins the player. His off the field issues are a big turn off. Talent wise when he was playing in the SEC he played big against AJ Green and Julio Jones who are the bigger type wr's you need to cover in today's game.

Hightower I must admit is a talented versatile player but I must see him run the short shuttle and 3 cone before I pronounce him as a candidate for OLB in the NFL. Could be wrong here but to me he seems a little slow for an olb. If he runs well at the combine I'm cool with the pick. If he decides not to run I'm not taking him.

Back