New Rap Music

fusion99

Reaction score
Anyone here know of some good southern style rap that is pretty new?

Pretty much, I have worn out listening to Turk, Hot Boys, Big Tymers, Cash Money stuff from ten years ago.

I got a nice Waka Flocka track from two years ago along with Maino feat. T-Pain - thats about it for new rap. Akon has some decent stuff, and the Three Six Mafia cd from 2008 has some sick tracks.

So, if anyone listens to rap, I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Just a few albums off the top of my head. It's not really southern, though, so you'll have to forgive me for that. But if you enjoy rap music, you should like every single album on the list below.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty
The Roots - How I Got Over
Reflection Eternal - Revolutions Per Minute
Pharaoh Monch - W.A.R. (We Are Renegades)
The Roots - Undun

You live in FL...you should get wild 94.1 there in Orlando now. They play the newest rap stuff like 2chainz, and all that fun stuff. Drake has some good stuff out, though not southern style. Asap Rocky, Kendrick Lamar

OH!

Good God!

NO!!!!!

Rock n Roll is NOT dead!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p16PSwrcODc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You aint shit if you aint got the blues.

It's perfectly possible for two musical genres to coexist at any given time. Not more than two, though. So you better go after that pesky jazz!

Hasn't been anything good since 1996.

Just sayin'.

Anyone here know of some good southern style rap that is pretty new?

Pretty much, I have worn out listening to Turk, Hot Boys, Big Tymers, Cash Money...

At this point in your post I was going to say to listen to some older stuff. Then you said this:

...stuff from ten years ago.

And since I have absolutely no idea what any of those bolded words mean, I realized I am definitely well into my transition into an old fogy.

And I'm enjoying it. Al Davis

I got a nice Waka Flocka track from two years ago along with Maino feat. T-Pain - thats about it for new rap. Akon has some decent stuff, and the Three Six Mafia cd from 2008 has some sick tracks.

23.gif

Back