NFL tells teams to stop commenting about concussed players

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-to-stop-commenting-about-concussed-players/

In the aftermath of multiple instances of teams commenting on when a player will return from a concussion, the NFL has issued a simple and clear directive: Stop it.

In a memo from executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent to all coaches and General Managers, the league has directed all teams to “refrain from making public comments regarding the condition of a concussed player or speculating as to when he may return to practice and play once in the concussion protocol.”

More at link above

Are you kidding me?
What is going on?

images

Not Surprised.
9k=

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-to-stop-commenting-about-concussed-players/

In the aftermath of multiple instances of teams commenting on when a player will return from a concussion, the NFL has issued a simple and clear directive: Stop it.

In a memo from executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent to all coaches and General Managers, the league has directed all teams to “refrain from making public comments regarding the condition of a concussed player or speculating as to when he may return to practice and play once in the concussion protocol.”

More at link above

Are you kidding me?
What is going on?

Apparently the NFL thinks transparency regarding concussions is bad for the NFL. They're right about that.

Just the same sh*t the NFL has been pulling since the beginning of time.

This is rich.

The NFL tells teams to adopt the Belichick approach - don't talk to the media about injuries.

The NFL is moving toward providing in game video to coaches while the game is in progress - they already provides still photography on tablet computers. Can video be far behind?

I used to think that not having a Patriots rep on the competition committee and not having a person formerly connected to the Pats in the league front office was a detriment, but now I think it doesn't matter. The league is going to go wherever Belichick takes it; there's just a decade long delay between stimulus and response.

Back