No Man's Sky

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aozqa_7PLhE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game for the PS4/PC.

Anyone playing?

I got it for the PS4 and LOVE it, though the above trailer makes it look like combat is a big part of the game, it isn't. It is mainly about exploration and surviving as a lone explorer. The game has something like 18 Quintilian planets to explore (dynamically generated). The Galaxy is Huge.

A LOT of hate for this game out there from kids that don't get it, but for an old Gen Xer like me, who grew up gaming on Commodore and Atari, this game is much of what I have been waiting for since the first text adventures.

I expect the game to only get better as enhancements are applied.

Maybe I'll RedBox it to check it out. Just got done with Uncharted 4... AWESOME. Graphics are ridiculous great. Ever try that series?

I tried one of them and hated it. Didn't play very long as I hate being forced to travel along a very specific path.

In a way NMS is just the opposite. There is no correct path, you can go anywhere and do anything. The Universe awaits. :)

I just found the combat so satisfying in Uncharted... I beat every game on "Crushing" difficulty. Plus the voice acting was so good in all of them.

Oof.

The PC version launched about 2 hours ago and thousands of people are reporting crash on startup. Rough start for this indie company.

Back