Northern folks: what is your understanding of southern folks?

TomWaits & you

Reaction score
Just curious, of course.

First off: I understand northerners simply just don't understand that southerners even exist. So, that's a huge minus for anyone to even acknowledge the question was even posed.

Since that's about the extent of southerners being upset about that fact, I'll relent. Curious, though.

Well. I can't delete it. I tried, and I'm sorry.

the question remains, and I, for one, don't mind it. It's valid and anyone than is willing to do so, I'm very curious. To the others: sorry. Didn't mean to ripple waves. Sorry for disrupting, of course.

This should be interesting for I am a Northern who now lives in the South(NC) as well as a few others here

Also I am from Northern Maine, I mean NORTHERN Maine and for some damn reason people in the southern part of Maine seem to forget that part of the state even exist

:banghead:

I dont have a problem, I have family in the south and visit the south quite often. However, they tell me I have a CT accent..... well yeah I do live in CT but what the HELL is a CT accent. I've been told this on numerous trips by random people. In fact, I think southern people are nice. My uncle can make a mean skirt steak :) Only time ill actually eat a steak!

I dont have a problem, I have family in the south and visit the south quite often. However, they tell me I have a CT accent..... well yeah I do live in CT but what the HELL is a CT accent. I've been told this on numerous trips by random people. In fact, I think southern people are nice. My uncle can make a mean skirt steak :) Only time ill actually eat a steak!

I will say up front I have no accent yip NONE, but yeah get told that alot, that I talk fast, use my hands when I talk and yip accent city :)

my impression is that they are mainly very warm and laid-back -- not as us slower-to-open up ourselves reserved & intensely driven Northerners are for the most part (except people from Maine)

Also I am from Northern Maine, I mean NORTHERN Maine and for some damn reason people in the southern part of Maine seem to forget that part of the state even exist

:banghead:

lol I am from southern Maine. I now live in SC. :) :wave:

The South is a lot different then up north, thats for sure. I have gotten use to it though. Everyone is so...friendly.

I will say up front I have no accent yip NONE, but yeah get told that alot, that I talk fast, use my hands when I talk and yip accent city :)

My best friend and I did some research one day and looked up "Connecticut Accent" and it does exist. It had some strange words to it that we do not say but basically its a cross between Bahston and New Yawk. :coffee:

lol I am from southern Maine. I now live in SC. :) :wave:

The South is a lot different then up north, thats for sure. I have gotten use to it though. Everyone is so...friendly.

to funny :) your my mirror :)

Alot of major differences and yet alot of major similarities between the North and South

Some good some bad, like you said you get use to it

This should be interesting for I am a Northern who now lives in the South as well as a few others here

It prolly won't be that interesting, dear. I'm shitfaced, so that deters a bunch of folks, for one. Then, you got that fact that I'm bringing up a topic a whole bunch of folks are uptight about. No good.

Talk about it? Maybe, possibly, maybe we'll get somewhere. Otherwise? you're guess is as good as mine. How long will it go on?

My best friend and I did some research one day and looked up "Connecticut Accent" and it does exist. It had some strange words to it that we do not say but basically its a cross between Bahston and New Yawk. :coffee:

makes sense :)

to funny :) your my mirror :)

Alot of major differences and yet alot of major similarities between the North and South

Some good some bad, like you said you get use to it

OH yeah and we drive like maniacs up here... down there its just laid back... except in Miami LOL.

thats another major difference

It prolly won't be that interesting, dear. I'm shitfaced, so that deters a bunch of folks, for one. Then, you got that fact that I'm bringing up a topic a whole bunch of folks are uptight about. No good.

Talk about it? Maybe, possibly, maybe we'll get somewhere. Otherwise? you're guess is as good as mine. How long will it go on?

Well us transits can talk bout the differences and the similarities if nothing else and I found a mirror buddy in this thread :)

OH yeah and we drive like maniacs up here... down there its just laid back... except in Miami LOL.

thats another major difference

ah people cant drive here in NC either trust me on that ROFL

ah people cant drive here in NC either trust me on that ROFL

any state with the I-95 in it, has people who cannot drive.

People wiz by you going 100 because going 80 isnt fast enough.. its like your driving in reverse on that highway

any state with the I-95 in it, has people who cannot drive.

People wiz by you going 100 because going 80 isnt fast enough.. its like your driving in reverse on that highway

amen sistah amen :)
and this is nascar country here maybe they are testing their abilities:huh:

amen sistah amen :)
and this is nascar country here maybe they are testing their abilities:huh:

Good Call. Nascar isnt big up here. I have a friend who is into it with her husband but people who do like Nascar here (I know bc they show Calvin peeing on a number) tend to hate Jeff Gordon!

Good Call. Nascar isnt big up here. I have a friend who is into it with her husband but people who do like Nascar here (I know bc they show Calvin peeing on a number) tend to hate Jeff Gordon!

and in NC
Dale is GAWD!

Well us transits can talk bout the differences and the similarities if nothing else and I found a mirror buddy in this thread :)

Good. If I may, and only for you, I rescind my combative nature. I intended to combat, not for the sake of fighting, but simply to acknowledge.

You've done well, and now I'm trespassing. Sorry, dear. Truly. Live on.

Back