Nostalgic Music Thread

1958, I was eleven when Clyde McPhatter released: A lover's question:. Probably the first pop song to grab me by the throat. Went #1 on the R&B chart and #6 on the Pop chart. Probably the first time I connected so profoundly with a song. He had a smooth and versatile high Tenor voice that was perfect for the song. I
Liked his early work with the Drifters very much too.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrqW1EBLyJA

Cheers

It's almost as if we grew up listening to the same radio. :rofl:

Cheers

Hey - probably was..! I listened to WBZ primarily until I went in the AF in 1968. When I got out in '72 it was RKO and WAAF in Worcester, then I moved to Colorado in late '73 and out there KBCO in Boulder and KTCL in Ft. Collins were the best.

Hey - probably was..! I listened to WBZ primarily until I went in the AF in 1968. When I got out in '72 it was RKO and WAAF in Worcester, then I moved to Colorado in late '73 and out there KBCO in Boulder and KTCL in Ft. Collins were the best.
WBZ - home to Dave Maynard and late with Larry Glick.

In addition to WRKO, rock and roll could also be heard on WMEX

WBZ - home to Dave Maynard and late with Larry Glick.

In addition to WRKO, rock and roll could also be heard on WMEX
Arnie "Woo-Woo" Ginsburg

Arnie Ginsburg
On the Night Train Show
Come on Arnie Da do di do wah!
Let's go!

Adventure car hop is the place to go
For food that's always right
Adventure where the service is great
You'll relish every bite

On route 1 in Saugus
Come dressed just as you are
Adventure where the service is tops
And you'll never get out of your car!

From the way-back Machine

Last edited:
Yeah all that. Went in the Army in '67. Parallel track indeed..

Song: Suffragette City
Artist: David Bowie

It's the year 2022 now - fifty years ago, it was 1972. An important year for me: my last year of high school, my first year of college.

And a huge year in the history of rock music (and r&b, and jazz) - an amazing amount of great albums were produced that year. Many of the songs that I have posted to this thread come from albums that debuted in 1972.

Here is one site's list of their top 64 albums of that year. Pretty good list, I think. And Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album is on it.

Last edited:
Back