O BRIAN headed out?

This is a great quote to look at because this is all Patriots philosophy right here. Moss came here as a deep route runner and that's pretty much all he was asked to do. The Pats (with McDaniels as OC) had Moss going deep plenty but he was also run the short quick game routes, the intermediate routes, the gimmicks. He lined up wide, in the slot, as the number 3 in Trips, in stacks. Josh used Moss as an every play receiver. One of the reasons Moss lost his value here was that his game degenerated to where he could only go deep and that doesn't work in NE.

I've always felt that this philosophy coupled with the Pat's extensive use of groups, formations and sight adjustments & hots is why its so hard to learn their offense. Some guys get it and some do not. The Pats could simply line Ocho up and having him run nothing but Go Routes and comebacks but that's predictable and restricting. They move him all over trying to get the most out of him. It appears to me that they would rather he bust than dumb down the offense to make it easier for an individual player to have success.

In Lloyd's case it sounds like he's ready to set in an execute on day one. I just wonder how he would accept being a cog in the machine rather than the passing game's focal point. I guess a lot of that depends on what happens with Welk in the off-season.
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1812909&postcount=293 :coffee:

The trolls are going to have a field day with this. The cheaters are reunited.

Back