OT: Advice Please!! Hints on keeping a baby calm during a T-storm

She didn't ask how you bag your cousin in Georgia.:thwak:

That's really weird...I actually do have a cousin who lives in Georgia. Only one problem: he's a dude. :blink: :rolleyes:

Do you have any earplugs or head phones or an IPod. Put headphones on the kid. Don't know if you have any children's music though. Try what Paz said.

I'm in the lightening capital of the world and my kid, even as a toddler is used to them. We get them all summer in the afternoon. Never had a problem, but I remember getting terrified a few times as a kid. I remember that. Too bad for the poor kid.

I'm in the lightening capital of the world . . .

You're in Tampa? 'Cause that's what they said we were, when I lived there ('94 and '95). I've never seen lightning like that before or since. Bolts coming down everywhere, every half-second. Nuts!

You're in Tampa? 'Cause that's what they said we were, when I lived there ('94 and '95). I've never seen lightning like that before or since. Bolts coming down everywhere, every half-second. Nuts!

That's that I hear all the time. It's wicked. I'm not right in Tampa exactly but it suffices.
I won't use an umbrella in the rain anymore on account of it.

That's that I hear all the time. It's wicked. I'm not right in Tampa exactly but it suffices.
I won't use an umbrella in the rain anymore on account of it.

I worked at MOSI (I helped install and open that IMAX Theater and ran the booth for the first two years) so I used to go stand in the glass exit stairwell at the top and watch the lightning. We could walk out on top of the dome but I was never THAT stupid, LOL....

I worked at MOSI (I helped install and open that IMAX Theater and ran the booth for the first two years) so I used to go stand in the glass exit stairwell at the top and watch the lightning. We could walk out on top of the dome but I was never THAT stupid, LOL....

That's near Bush Gardens and Adventure Island I believe. ( that's how often I get to Tampa). Didn't they have summer camps overnight for the little ones? My kid's done field trips there from school.

That's near Bush Gardens and Adventure Island I believe. ( that's how often I get to Tampa). Didn't they have summer camps overnight for the little ones? My kid's done field trips there from school.

Yup. I could stand on top of the dome and see Busch.

All of FL has notorious lightning mostly on daily basis. I know we have already discussed this before JD.

All of FL has notorious lightning mostly on daily basis. I know we have already discussed this before JD.

Yup, whole state's a storm engine, land heats up quicker than water so the morning sunshine causes heat to rise off the peninsula, causing low pressure which sucks air in from both coasts which meets in the middle and, WHAMMO, thunderstorms.

I think Tampa gets the brunt since it's smack in the middle of the west coast, getting the most of the nice warm Gulf winds.

We just had a bad storm roll through here, I didn't have a baby, but if I did..little thing woulda gone..

RIGHT INTO THE FREEZER!!

That's riiiiiight!!!

We just had a bad storm roll through here, I didn't have a baby, but if I did..little thing woulda gone..

RIGHT INTO THE FREEZER!!

That's riiiiiight!!!

Tell em the turkey I'm putting you beside cried last time it was storming.

Bloody hell! the little man is already 22 months.. he's gonna be in high school before you know it...

You shoulda got Patriots4ever to sing to him, I'm pretty sure that would have got him to sleep....lol

Bloody hell! the little man is already 22 months.. he's gonna be in high school before you know it...

You shoulda got Patriots4ever to sing to him, I'm pretty sure that would have got him to sleep....lol

I wasn't home as I was at my cousin's HS graduation party :party:. MrsP4e left the party and headed home to put the boy to bed. That's when we had that 10 minute thunder storm.

I wasn't home as I was at my cousin's HS graduation party :party:. MrsP4e left the party and headed home to put the boy to bed. That's when we had that 10 minute thunder storm.

You drunk..there's a suprise... I guess both P4E have something in common ROFL

Hey parents out there. We are in the middle of T-storm and of course I have a scared toddler. Any advice?? I have tried singing, holding him, and just being there in the room but to no avail. Any tricks would be great.
I wish I could give some helpful advise but all I know is, I was never afraid of thunderstorms and maybe the children sensed that. I tried to make it a game for them. Maybe your child is sensing your fear? Good luck and keep in mind that EVERYTHING! in life is temporary.

Slightly off-topic, but Wisconsin weather is crazy.

It was supposed to rain and storm all day Friday and Saturday. Both those days it rained some, but not much. Yesterday the sun was out half the day. So now they're saying the storms are a-comin' today, and indeed when I woke up this morning it was raining pretty good (though not heavy) and there was a little river flowing down the street. But it stopped soon after, and now it's just cloudy out. The local TV stations keep giving bulletins on storm warnings, but they must keep missing us.

Back