OT-Former Patriot Michael Bishop

Racerkris

CFL/NFL=Awesome
Reaction score
Website
www.riderfans.com
For those of you who are interested, Michael Bishop will be starting at quarterback for my CFL team today. Some of you might not be a fan of the CFL, but for those who are I suggest you try and find a way to watch the game or keep track of it. Going to be a very good game.

Go Riders!

You know with having every American sports channel with DirecTV known to man you would think one of them would be carrying a CFL game today. But none are scheduled on any of my sports stations.

You know with having every American sports channel with DirecTV known to man you would think one of them would be carrying a CFL game today. But none are scheduled on any of my sports stations.

Yeah for some reason the American TV contract wasn't held up from last year, and the only game I know that will be on TV down there is the Grey Cup. Hopefully they can work out a new deal for next season.

Yeah for some reason the American TV contract wasn't held up from last year, and the only game I know that will be on TV down there is the Grey Cup. Hopefully they can work out a new deal for next season.

I just found this, but it's from last year
http://www.footballforum.com/cfl-football-general-discussion/21756-cfl-american-tv-details.html

CFL Releases US Broadcast Details By Staff Posted Jun 13, 2007

The Canadian Football League (CFL) announced today that its 2007 season games will be available across the United States in both high-definition and standard-definition broadcasts, kicking off with the season opener on June 28 and continuing through to the 95th Grey Cup championship in Toronto, Ontario on November 25.

CFL coverage is offered this year in nine of the top 12 U.S. television markets via eight Comcast regional sports networks, plus New England Sports Network (NESN). In addition, national coverage will be available via Altitude Sports and Entertainment, plus other regional sports networks carried on DirectTV and DISH Network. High-definition broadcasts will be offered on Echostar’s DISH Network via VOOM HD Networks’ WORLDSPORT HD.

Overall, more than 70 million U.S. homes will have access to CFL Football each week of the 2007 season.

Comcast RSNs and systems, plus NESN in Boston, Altitude Sports & Entertainment in Denver, Cox Sport Television Louisiana, Bright House Networks Catch 47 Tampa Bay Sports Television, and other regional sports networks will carry games in standard definition. These games will also be carried live on America One Television, which serves standard broadcast stations coast-to-coast.

Every Friday night, a CFL match-up will be televised exclusively in high-definition on VOOM HD Networks’ WORLDSPORT HD. The League’s East and West Semi-Finals, its East and West Championships, and the 95th Grey Cup will be available in both formats.

"Increasing exposure to our brand of football in the U.S.and internationally is an important initiative to further develop our League,” said Mark Cohon, CFL Commissioner. “Our game offers sports fans across the world a quick-paced, exciting brand of football that is enjoyed by all age groups and naturally connects with younger fans.”

I Loved watching Micheal bishop in the pats preseason games. I watched him in the NFL europe and a little in the area league. but have not seen a single game with him in the CFL.

Wasn't Bishop MVP of the CFL? Or did he win a Grey Cup or something? Either way, I heard he's tearing that league up. Good for him, I never harbored any dislike for the guy.

My father had a big time man-crush on Bishop, to the point for the first couple of years Brady was QB, dad would rag on him and swear at the tv to put in Bishop. Dad will not admit it now, but I thought he was senile at the time.

Wasn't Bishop MVP of the CFL? Or did he win a Grey Cup or something? Either way, I heard he's tearing that league up. Good for him, I never harbored any dislike for the guy.

Well I wouldn't say he's tearing it up that's for sure. He has played alright for the Riders, being very inconsistent. Seems as though he either throws 4 tds, 4 ints, for both in one game. Hopefully the good Michael shows up today. /=S=/

I still remember Eddie Andleman pimping for this guy spelling Bledsoe on goal line situations. Ahh the good 'ol days.:)

My father had a big time man-crush on Bishop, to the point for the first couple of years Brady was QB, dad would rag on him and swear at the tv to put in Bishop. Dad will not admit it now, but I thought he was senile at the time.

This is a little different, but we've been saying "Put in Bishop" at the games for years now. As a joke though, like when Brady would make that one bad pass, where a receiver can't get to it. It's "Brady sucks, put in Cassel", then imediately somebody says "put in Bledsoe (or somebody"), and finally somebody comes out with "Put in Bishop!" and everybody laughs!

Even tomorrow and Thursday night, somebody at the game will cry out "put in Bishop!"

Well he might of played his worst professional football game ever tonight. My Riders lost 33-12 and are done for the year.

Bishop finished 14-27 with 3 picks and no td's.

Well he might of played his worst professional football game ever tonight. My Riders lost 33-12 and are done for the year.

Bishop finished 14-27 with 3 picks and no td's.

Sounds about right.

But I'd still put him in on the goal line over Bledsoe. ROFL

He would have been a helacious runningback. I think. Although football minds a million times greater than mine have kept him at qb.

But he could really run, right? Jeezes, him, Kordell Stewart, the now-hated Michael Vick, even Steve Grogan! Would have made great runningbacks. But Grogan really could throw the ball, as could some other great running qb's. So I can definitely see why Grogan would be a qb.

Back