Patriots* Planet's thoughts on Tim Tebow

Was drafting Tebow smart or dumb?

• Total voters

KnowMo2724

Reaction score
What is the consesus here on Josh McDaniels drafting him?

Also, Midgar please don't leave P*P you are the only person who visits us locked down here in the ASSylum.

Also, Midgar please don't leave P*P you are the only person who visits us locked down here in the ASSylum.
consensus* :banghead:

I been telling all the Tebow lovers that he is going to suck. Tebow is another meathead QB who cant throw the ball. Now the broncos have Quinn and Tebow, two meathead QB's who suck.

Objectively, I don't understand bringing in Quinn and then drafting Tebow.

Subjectivey, I bet he's a better speller than you.

Objectively, I don't understand bringing in Quinn and then drafting Tebow.

Subjectivey, I bet he's a better speller than you.
I don't know why he traded for Quinn to be honest. The only thing I can think of is McDaniels isn't planning on resigning Orton next year and Quinn will be Denver's BUQBOTF

I normally post here from my PS3 so I mess up a lot.

And you misspelled subjectively

Everyone thinks its a dumb move? Midgar would have reassured me :sulk:

I don't know why he traded for Quinn to be honest. The only thing I can think of is McDaniels isn't planning on resigning Orton next year and Quinn will be Denver's BUQBOTF

I normally post here from my PS3 so I mess up a lot.

And you misspelled subjectively

I suppose. What's the contract situation for Quinn? Am I crazy to think that right now, Orton is the best QB of the three and that he has a legitimate shot at being the best of the 3 when everyone's careers are said and done?

I did. :banghead:

I'm not sure if I should neg or pos rep you now. :shrug:

Never go with florida QB's. They have all sucked in the pro's. Can you name one descent QB to have a good career in the pro's.

There is a lot to like in Tim Tebow. I don't understand the hate directed towards him. I suspect it's for things that have little to do with his play on the field. He has flaws in his game but then again, so do Manning and Brady. Not that I think that Tebow is a Manning or Brady but he does have skills.

I don't see him as a starting QB for a bit and using a first on him makes me scratch my head a bit but having him on the roster only strengthens it IMO.

I can see McDaniels preparing a situational package for Tebow similar in nature to how Miami uses it wildcat. Tebow can move around some and can run the ball effectively and throw it a bit so his skills do open up some interesting situational opportunities as he develops his overall game.

Let him learn and get up to speed in the pro game. There is a reason that he set all of those passing records in the SEC; there is obviously talent there. I also am unable to understand the dislike for him and it seems to be aimed toward his personal beliefs more than his football talent.

Never go with florida QB's. They have all sucked in the pro's. Can you name one descent QB to have a good career in the pro's.
I don't really see the logic in that. How many great QB's came out of Pitt other than Dan Marino? Stanford only had John Elway? Notre Dame had Montana.

There aren't really any schools that churn out great QB's all the time.

IMO Tebow has all of the tools to be a great NFL QB. He is very athletic, can feel the rush, has a strong arm, has a very good deep ball, is smart, is a leader, is as hard of a worker as any QB in the NFL, and McDaniels said he is the most football smart QB he has ever been around. Yeah he needs some work, but I don't think there is a better coach for him in the NFL to get the most out of him.

I don't really see the logic in that. How many great QB's came out of Pitt other than Dan Marino? Stanford only had John Elway? Notre Dame had Montana.

There aren't really any schools that churn out great QB's all the time.

IMO Tebow has all of the tools to be a great NFL QB. He is very athletic, can feel the rush, has a strong arm, has a very good deep ball, is smart, is a leader, is as hard of a worker as any QB in the NFL, and McDaniels said he is the most football smart QB he has ever been around. Yeah he needs some work, but I don't think there is a better coach for him in the NFL to get the most out of him.
edit :banghead:

most football smart QB coming out of college that he has ever been around.

I think hes going to suck due to his bad throwing mechanics.

And i know i know.. He shown new throwing motion in the combine and thats great and all, but the fact is he never used his new mechanics in an actual game. Whats going to happen when he steps on to the field and starts to get tired? or starts to get hit a lot? Is he going to go back to his old sloppy ways? I think so.

Learning new mechanics isn't something you pick up over the combine. It takes years. Brady still to this day goes to Tom Martinez to tune up his throwing.

Every QB Josh McDaniels has ever worked with has had their best years of their career with McDaniels.

Tebow is very coachable and that will do wonders for him because McD is without a doubt the best QB coach in the game.

The thing that questions whether he's going to make it at the next level is:

1) He has questionable defense reading skills and likes to pull the ball down
2) He is well-liked by his teammates but a couple have not said glowing things about his passing ability.

Hell, Vince Young looked like the second coming when he was coming out and may end of decent based on the last half of last year but he was a "can't miss" project too.

Tim Tebro is not an NFL QB. Tim Tebow will get Tim Teabagged. Mark my words

Back