Patriots rookie prospects

midgar8784

Reaction score
Ok, I have a few, if anyone that actually comes down here knows any of these guys, let me know what you think.

Jack Mewhort OT Ohio State (Heard this guy interviewed. He has played all Oline positions, ended up at LT, but can play RT and guard and even center) Was a team captain picked by Myer.

Arthur Lynch TE Georgia He is more of a blocker which always scares me because we need more pass catching, but I talked to a Georgia alum who thought highly of him.

Daniel McCullers DT Tennesee When I was listening to the Senior Bowl on the radio I kept hearing this guys name, he was ripping past lineman. He is huge..6-7 352, so I worry about his leverage if you get a smart lineman that can work him.

The more I find out about Troy Niklas TE- ND, the more I'm liking this guy. More of a Gronk size TE but it would be nice to have 2 of them in case the injury bug hit's one again.

The more I find out about Troy Niklas TE- ND, the more I'm liking this guy. More of a Gronk size TE but it would be nice to have 2 of them in case the injury bug hit's one again.

Yeah the 3 I listed were more down the draft guys, but the thing that bothers me about Niklas is his weakness is pretty much what we need him to be strong in....route running and receiving skills, he makes me think more run blocker.

I think if we could get two defensive starters either out of the draft or through FA, or both... to play DL and Safety... and we get healthy. and we catch a few breaks by staying realtively healthy (healthy for the playoffs anyway)

Our defense could be championship caliber in 2014

I think if we could get two defensive starters either out of the draft or through FA, or both... to play DL and Safety... and we get healthy. and we catch a few breaks by staying realtively healthy (healthy for the playoffs anyway)

Our defense could be championship caliber in 2014

I got that sense all of last year with not only how we started but how some of the young guys played in a pinch when everyone went down, I am actually more worried about having an actual consistent receiver come playoff time for once, instead of having a patchwork system of 2's and 3's who are thrust into having to be 1's.

Isn't he related to the famous Matthews family?

He might be a good pick.

I got that sense all of last year with not only how we started but how some of the young guys played in a pinch when everyone went down, I am actually more worried about having an actual consistent receiver come playoff time for once, instead of having a patchwork system of 2's and 3's who are thrust into having to be 1's.

So, I guess I agree with you. I think our defense is far closer to where we want it to be than the offense. We need consistency in the receiving corps.

Funny story that dawned on my today. I was looking at Boston.com and clicked a link that took me to Giselle Bunchen's instagram page. Giselle took a picture at the final regular season game (washout against Buffalo). I stared at the picture and realized that Giselle was in the luxury box directly above my seats! I had no way of knowing of course. I guess that makes me famous !

So, I guess I agree with you. I think our defense is far closer to where we want it to be than the offense. We need consistency in the receiving corps.

Funny story that dawned on my today. I was looking at Boston.com and clicked a link that took me to Giselle Bunchen's instagram page. Giselle took a picture at the final regular season game (washout against Buffalo). I stared at the picture and realized that Giselle was in the luxury box directly above my seats! I had no way of knowing of course. I guess that makes me famous !

You will be walking the red carpet before no time.

Back