Pats O-line

PatsFanDan

Reaction score
Not handing out any gameballs or anything like that but I just have to say the O-line was better today than what I was expecting.

Brady took a couple of shots but he seemed to be getting rid of the ball quickly which makes up for some of the deficiencies along the front.

On the play he got his nose bloodied, I thought he should have thrown the ball away. Guessing he felt that backside pressure as he rolled out and was trying to make something out of nothing which I love him for but can't be taking shots like that.

I thought the O-line played good today. Solder did struggle a little. He get beat on a few players mainly the Brady sack.

He got beat on another play that might have been a missed holding call as well where the defender fell short of Tommy at his feet.

Cheers, BostonTim

Looks like they're slowly working Vollmer back in, but I was pleased to see Cannon at guard for a series when Vollmer was in after Connolly got dinged up - but I'd still love to see Solder/Mankins/Connolly/Cannon/Vollmer in a perfect world - road grade the right and left sides with decent, if not epic, pass protection.

Whilst not spectacular they got the job done, quick passes and running the ball helped take some pressure off the O-line but when called upon to do their job protecting Brady on longer plays they performed well for the most part. As the season progresses they'll settle down and get used to playing with Brady behind them and playing together.

I was very glad to see them getting their blocking assignments right in the running game. Not only getting them right but being more physical in carrying them out. Without them, Ridley doesn't do what he did. That Titans DL is pretty good and overall our OL handled them effectively by being more physical than the Titans. Very happy to see that again.

On Solder, it's easy to pick out that play but just remember Matt Light allowed plenty of those and he was considered a pretty good player. It happens. Also I should point out that Wimbley is a better than average pass rusher with 43.5 sacks to his credit with the Browns and Raiders.

Has anyone heard about Connolly's injury? I've heard it a head injury but wasn't serious. When he went out the first thing I thought was Waters would be handy to have.

Back