Pats Offseason To Do List

Try to beat the Dolphins for home field next time.
Lafell needs to be gone. He sucked. totally invisible today...
We need sign a offensive lineman or 2.
Sign a TALL and FAST WR to open up the middle.

Try to beat the Dolphins for home field next time.
Lafell needs to be gone. He sucked. totally invisible today...
We need sign a offensive lineman or 2.
Sign a TALL and FAST WR to open up the middle.

I agree...mailing it in at the end of the season was a big mistake imo...
LaFail needs to go. One year wonder.
Oline needs to be addressed again.
Another Ahern like TE.
A bruiser RB like Blount/Dillon in their prime.

Offensive line

Starting right outside receiver (Z)

Backup outside receiver (can play X or Z)

Running back was fine until the injuries started piling up

Trade gronk (and chandler too if possible) and get a starting TE and backup TE, both cut from the same cloth as greg olsen. Maybe even try to get olsen himself...

Offensive line

Right outside receiver (Z)

Trade gronk (and chandler too if possible) and get a starting TE and backup TE, both cut from the same cloth as greg olsen. Maybe even try to get olsen himself...

Uhmmm...no to trading Gronk. BB already tried trading for Olsen before he went to Carolina.

Offensive line

the stupid is strong with you

I agree...mailing it in at the end of the season was a big mistake imo...
LaFail needs to go. One year wonder.
Oline needs to be addressed again.
Another Ahern like TE.
A bruiser RB like Blount/Dillon in their prime.

HFA is what it says. An advantage.
From what I've seen in the 8 weeks or so, I'd say the Pats need a better pass rush. Maybe a tough DE. The Pats offense sucked today, but is still far better than most if not ALL offenses. With Nate Soldier back. Be fine.
Your team doesn't seem to have any pass rush to speak of. Be it a great edge rusher, or someone to cause issues up the middle. That's where I see the need.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Offensive line

Are you from Colorado? You are high. Right?

From what I've seen in the 8 weeks or so, I'd say the Pats need a better pass rush. Maybe a tough DE. The Pats offense sucked today, but is still far better than most if not ALL offenses. With Nate Soldier back. Be fine.
Your team doesn't seem to have any pass rush to speak of. Be it a great edge rusher, or someone to cause issues up the middle. That's where I see the need.

For whatever reason, BB doesn't like to blitz much. I have a feeling that Chandler Jones is going to the highest bidder. Sheard is good. Nink is ok, but, old. Easley is made of glass. There are a few DE's that are "red shirted"...I don't disagree with you though. "Can he rush the passer?" is a common theme in Foxboro.

Denver only score 3 lousy points in the 2nd half? :shrug_n:

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

Are you from Colorado? You are high. Right?

The Patriots were 2nd in the league in sacks. The pass rush is okay.

The Patriots were 2nd in the league in sacks. The pass rush is okay.
Looks can be deceiving. A sack is only a part of a solid pass rush. Hurries, knockdowns are also important. One thing the Broncos do very well and killed it today, is get lots of pressure with minimal blitz packages or only 4 rushers. Broncos rushed 3 a few times while getting pressure. Albeit your O-line was no good. But you get the pic. The defense is not that good.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

For whatever reason, BB doesn't like to blitz much. I have a feeling that Chandler Jones is going to the highest bidder. Sheard is good. Nink is ok, but, old. Easley is made of glass. There are a few DE's that are "red shirted"...I don't disagree with you though. "Can he rush the passer?" is a common theme in Foxboro.

It seemed to look like he was sending 5+ quite a bit today. Maybe to slow the rush?

Looks can be deceiving. A sack is only a part of a solid pass rush. Hurries, knockdowns are also important. One thing the Broncos do very well and killed it today, is get lots of pressure with minimal blitz packages or only 4 rushers. Broncos rushed 3 a few times while getting pressure. Albeit your O-line was no good. But you get the pic. The defense is not that good.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

It seemed to look like he was sending 5+ quite a bit today. Maybe to slow the rush?

Defense still held Denver to only 3 points in the second half. Agree on the pass rush though. It isnt very good, and Chandler Jones certainly isnt as good as his sacks seem to indicate. Its been awhile since we've had a big name pass rusher or a constant pass rush in general. The pass rush is only average too barely above average but certainly the least of our offseason worries right now.

Definitely would like to see them work on their running game and bolster the Oline accordingly. They need a brutal back. Someone like Lynch.

the stupid is strong with you

I love gronk but someone like olsen is more durable, and is a better fit for what we do on offense the majority of the time (passing). For our offense, i like oversized receivers with adequate run blocking skills or players like olsen. Plus, gronk isnt going to be here forever; Im a fan of cut of em loose too soon rather than too late.

Offensive line

Just stopped in for the first time today and saw this post.

Yeah, so when the garbage talk and insanity dies down, someone give me a shout.

Yes, that's genius. Trade the best TE in the game. Brilliant idea.

Cut them soon before it's too late. The guy is 26 yrs old.

Jesus. Fvcking insanity.

Just stopped in for the first time today and saw this post.

Yeah, so when the garbage talk and insanity dies down, someone give me a shout.

Yes, that's genius. Trade the best TE in the game. Brilliant idea.

Cut them soon before it's too late. The guy is 26 yrs old.

Jesus. Fvcking insanity.

:coffee:

I love gronk but someone like olsen is more durable, and is a better fit for what we do on offense the majority of the time (passing). For our offense, i like oversized receivers with adequate run blocking skills or players like olsen. Plus, gronk isnt going to be here forever; Im a fan of cut of em loose too soon rather than too late.

Are you out of your mind!? I Agree that we need another TE similar to Olsen but trading Gronk is a joke, and lol at "cutting him soon" This is WAY too soon.

You've got 15 posts. I hope you don't get to 16.

Back