Pats Planet Official Boston BRUINS thread

Excellent article Kirk, the kid has been getting better and better each night.

I thought it was great how the crowd chanted for him to be on the ice late in the third.

I decided Riech can stay in Providence.ROFL

Thanks. Bitz is a good guy- typical hockey player who is quiet, humble, unassuming. Just glad to be up with the big club and pitching in.

Chasing my girls around the house- it was as if a clown car full of monkeys showed up and they were swinging from the chandelier. I didn't actually get around to turning on the DVR and watching the game until after 11 pm. :coffee:

Chasing my girls around the house- it was as if a clown car full of monkeys showed up and they were swinging from the chandelier. I didn't actually get around to turning on the DVR and watching the game until after 11 pm. :coffee:

It funny you say that, my 7 year old duaghter decided she was going to open a jar of glitter -- I spent most of the night cleaning it up, it was everywhere..

Thanks. Bitz is a good guy- typical hockey player who is quiet, humble, unassuming. Just glad to be up with the big club and pitching in.

I'm not sure if you caught Lucic after the game with Milbury and Tappen, very humble guy who only wanted to talk about his teammates, very well spoken also.

Milbury showed him a clip of Boumeester letting up in the corner so he wouldn't get pancaked by Lucic, Milbury was telling him that shows how his rep has grown, Lucic smiled and really didn't want to take the compliment.

It funny you say that, my 7 year old duaghter decided she was going to open a jar of glitter -- I spent most of the night cleaning it up, it was everywhere..

ROFL

GLITTER PWNS ALL

My 4 yo :heart: teh glitter glue

Ben always wants to stay up and watch :(
I can even start watching the games until he goes to bed (7:30 or so)

ROFL

GLITTER PWNS ALL

My 4 yo :heart: teh glitter glue

Ben always wants to stay up and watch :(
I can even start watching the games until he goes to bed (7:30 or so)

The best part was my 5 yr old son decided he was going to run threw it, he tracted it all over the house and thought it was hilarious..

I'm not sure if you caught Lucic after the game with Milbury and Tappen, very humble guy who only wanted to talk about his teammates, very well spoken also.

Milbury showed him a clip of Boumeester letting up in the corner so he wouldn't get pancaked by Lucic, Milbury was telling him that shows how his rep has grown, Lucic smiled and really didn't want to take the compliment.

All of those impressions are right on- it's not an act. He's just as humble, genuine, engaging and approachable when the cameras aren't on him.

Lucic/Chara = The Twin Towers?

Looch is a little on the short side to be a tower, but he is a pillar of strength.

Unfortunately, the shoulder injury he suffered back in Jan. has hindered him considerably- he's not able to play the punishing style he was employing early on.

Now if the Bruins went out and re-acquired Hal Gill and paired him with Chara...naw forget it. I don't want to get :whip: for even suggesting that. :)

Looch is a little on the short side to be a tower, but he is a pillar of strength.

Unfortunately, the shoulder injury he suffered back in Jan. has hindered him considerably- he's not able to play the punishing style he was employing early on.

Now if the Bruins went out and re-acquired Hal Gill and paired him with Chara...naw forget it. I don't want to get :whip: for even suggesting that. :)

Hal Gil in the offseason

toreador.jpg

OLE'

All of those impressions are right on- it's not an act. He's just as humble, genuine, engaging and approachable when the cameras aren't on him.

Have you written anything on Lucic in the NHJ?

Bruins 6, Panthers 1

“These aren’t your grandfather’s Panthers”

At least that is what the standings and their recent play might suggest. Couple those factors with the 2-0 cake walk they enjoyed down in Sunrise on Saturday night and it is no longer outrageous to suggest that the B’s run to the cup may have a stop or two in Florida. There are about 40 or so people out there that are really excited about this.

In the meantime, NESN has billed this one as a “payback” game and you know it’s true when they break out special pre-game music to drive the point home…Jack Edwards even brought himself a change of pants just in case. Unfortunately for NESN, and the Panth, this one turned out to be your textbook Bruins home win….a close game through two, devolving into a 3rd period clinic…paced by breakout fantasy star, Byron Bitz’s two pots. Overall, it was a rather dominant three zone effort from the boys all night (well, give or take 15 mins.) suggesting that replacing the morning skates down in Florida with Marlin fishing and three-puts at Doral weren’t really part of a winning formula. That’s good to know moving forward.

The Highlights:

- Realizing his line mates are offensive kryptonite, Patty B finally took it upon himself to create his own offense early in the first, stealing a bouncing puck and walking in “unmolested” for the goal. More importantly, the patience he displayed waiting out Craig Anderson for the far side roof job suggests that his timing and touch are back to levels we used to remember. We can only hope.

- Michael Ryder returned wearing a full shield that looks like a cross between a welders mask and the shields the hygienists wear at Gentle Dental right before they dive into unkempt mouths. Either way, I’m on my way out to get fitted for one of these bad larrys as we speak, considering the offensive output that comes with it.

- Blades the Mascot’s mom “Penny” is in the hospital sick. I found myself disappointed by this on many levels. For one, why was he even there? With the departure of Lucky the Leprechaun, Blades has become the third ranked mascot in the area. Stature like that should generally come with a little sick/bereavement time to care for loved ones, no? Secondly, you would think Blade’s mom would have a much cooler name than ordinary “Penny.” I think the B’s PR/Marketing machine dropped the ball on this, which is unusual because they are ordinarily the cat’s ass when it comes to the Boston sports scene.

-

- Chucky Kobasew is the guy you despise in Men’s League because he hustles and only knows one speed. I think we have seen a large enough sample of games at this point to suggest that he doesn’t make anyone he plays with better, but when you need that ugly goal, timely back check, or someone to instigate a corner scrum, Chucky is your guy, or at least will be until he’s dealt this summer.

- Thanks to the “No TV Time Outs following Icings” rule, Brick had the opportunity to reveal that Jack Edwards prefers to roll in “leather chaps when riding his hog.” I’m not going to lie, I find this quite surprising. Not so much the leather chaps, but the fact the Jack drives a hog. I had him pinned as more of a leather chaps and Honda Ruckus kind of guy.

- Aaron Ward is a great lockeroom guy. He’s the master of the fore-arm shiver. He even grabbed himself a goal last night. I feel great having him on our blue line going forward. Just don’t ask him to make plays in his own end.

- The Ace Ticket, “Best Seats In the House” winners were Andrew and Kadane from the Big Brothers and Big Sisters. Look, I’m sure Big Brothers and Big Sister is a tremendous organization, but poor Kadane looked like he was being held against his will.

Despite the media’s attempt to paint the Caps as the second coming of the old Red Army teams, they weren’t good enough to match a solid road effort by the Flyers, pushing the B’s lead in the East to 9 points. Byron Bitz and Co. will be back at the Garden Thursday night against another team on the edge of the playoff bubble, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.

I have. Nothing since '06, but hope to change that soon.

Lucky Lucic

Vancouver Giants forward Milan Lucic wasn’t expecting to hear his name called at the 2006 NHL Entry Draft until at least the third round, so he was surprised and elated when the Boston Bruins took him off the board with the 50th selection.

http://www.hockeyjournal.com/Article.php?ArtID=233

Nice article.

The only place I disagree with Bradley (he didn't have 2 years to watch Milan in the pro's at the time) is that while he may not be a star he will do more than contribute.

I see a guy scoring 30 goals, who can hit and fight:thumb:

Working with Neely certainly won't hurt him either.

Brads was doing what most scouts do and hedging his bets.

Besides- I think he meant to say star "scorer", but he didn't say scorer, so I had to directly quote him.

Obviously- Lucic has exceeded expectations in the early going. My concern for him is the same for most players of his style of play- whether injuries will ultimately hinder him from reaching his maximum potential.

Obviously- Lucic has exceeded expectations in the early going. My concern for him is the same for most players of his style of play- whether injuries will ultimately hinder him from reaching his maximum potential.

That what amazes me about Ovechkin, he plays every shift at 1,000 miles an hour and doesn't get hurt..

Looks like I'm coming to the Boston area next week to see the Bruins-Coyotes and Bruins-Blackhawks games on Thursday and Saturday, and catch the New England Prep championships so I can scout some of the players who are eligible for the NHL draft in June.

Is anyone going to either B's game? Would like to meet up before or after if so...

Is anyone going to either B's game? Would like to meet up before or after if so...

I'm going to the Ducks game tomorrow and may be getting tix for next Thursday. If I do I'll send you a p.m.

Back