Preseason studs and duds

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
Alright, well with the preseason winding down and what not, I'd like to put together a list of those who showed up to play this preseason, and those who were better sereved handing out Gatorade.

Duds.

Beisel - This guy sucks. I was the idiot who spent all offseason at KFFL pimpin this guy, seein his improvement the last few games of the season and running with it. whoops. Hear that? That's the sound of Beisel being ran over..:rolleyes:

Caldwell - expectations are much to high for Mr. Rache. We cannot expect him to be a #1 receiver. That's where the excuses end. His production or lack thereof have really dissapointed me. The guy is no #1, but damnit, make some catches!

Dillon - Let's get more than 3 yards a pop, k?

Studs :

Maroney - This kid was not a loved pick around here. Give it one game, and suddenly Patriot fans went nuts. Maroney has shown us his speed we all knew he had, but his power is something I've never seen from him.

Gotowski - Has he missed yet? Good job on everything so far.

Childress - This dudes a plain scrapper. Fought his way up from nothing, and should be our #4. He's Troy Brown all over IMO.

Colvin - Showing his speed, but getting those "ups" on special teams as well!

Woods - This is another fighter, and someone who no one seems to be talking about. His solid play at LB has earned him a spot, IMO.

Every TE. I'm impressed with all of them.

Last, but not least, Jeremy Mincey. No one knows to much of this dude yet. But in many ways I think he can be our replacement for McGinest. He reminds me alot of a young McGinest, I just want him to slim down a bit. Very solid play from the end tho.

Okay,last last but not least (I promise this time!) Tull Banta Cain. This guy was dead going into the preseason. And watching him play, I really do he has earned himself a STARTING spot. I think he's good enough to allow us to shift Vrabel from inside to outside with Bruschi and Seau in there.

Commenting on Tully.

While nobody was looking the Pats have pulled of a sort of re-building act.

The O-line is young, talented, hungry and under contract.

The D-Line is the same, but perhaps a little more talented.

The Backfield is a work in progress, but Murony looks like the real deal (we must make sacrifice to the football gods so that he remains healthy)

The d-backs are a young, fast, solid, underrated group, the LBs and the WRs are still being turned over.

Tully is, I hope, the first step in our linebacking corps getting younger.

By this time next year "the pundits" will be talking about all the great players who are gone from NE while we all know we're locked and loaded for a 5 year run of terrorizing the NFL.

Note to pundits: Great players get old and lose their effectiveness. At this moment Tully Banta-Cain projects as a bigger contributor to the Pats (as a starter) than Willie did (as a 3rd down player)

Back