Prisco says - Brady not a Team Guy afterall

Right now, Prisco's "male friend" Ron Borges is teary-eyed wishing he wrote that article.

I was really wondering if this deal was as good as some were making it out to be. For all the talk about how much Peyton makes, if you look at it, I believe Tom's total cap hit over the next three years is actually more. And after that, Peyton might renegotiate.

Re: Re: Prisco says - Brady not a Team Guy afterall

pookie said:

What the F have Peyton Manning and Michael Vick won in the post season?

Michael Vick was the first opposing QB to win a playoff game in Lambeau Field...

o:)

maine05 said:
I was really wondering if this deal was as good as some were making it out to be. For all the talk about how much Peyton makes, if you look at it, I believe Tom's total cap hit over the next three years is actually more. And after that, Peyton might renegotiate.

"This deal" is ideal for Brady and the Patriots. I was posting at KFFL most of the time when Manning was negotiating his contract and my first (and only) thought was to let the kid go, as tough as a decision as it might be for the Colts. This is the same mindset I had when Bledsoe was handed a (roughly)$100,000,000 kiss.

Manning wanted top dollar (which is certainly within his rights) but he hasn't done enough to be deserving of that. He's won nothing except personal accolades. He's personally handcuffed the Colts from competing for a Super Bowl victory in the near future because he apparently thought that they couldn't win it without him.

Well, They could if they had some cash to spend on defense.

stainlee said:
i seem to be having a problem posting the link to prisco's article from above.

it seemed to work when i sent it to the CHFF website.

A thread had already been started about the article. I merged you thread here.

bideau said:
A thread had already been started about the article. I merged you thread here.

thanks bideau.

i looked kinda quick before i posted, but obviously missed it.

i'll try to be more careful next time.

dchester said:
I'm still trying to reconcile these two statement he made:

He did get a good deal, one much closer to Manning's and Vick's than is being portrayed. But leaving money on the table is a bad thing for any player.

. . .

This talk he left money on the table to help the team, while Manning and Vick didn't, is absurd.

First, he says that Brady left money on the table, and then a couple sentences later, he says the idea that Brady left money on the table, is absurd. Can he please make up his mind???

That's exactly what I got out of that "article".

Brady is stupid for not taking enough money....Brady took as much money as Manning and Vick. Make up your damn mind.

How about the part where he says " Taking a $9 million roster bonus Manning is due next spring out of the equation for now" just before he compares Brady's and Manning's $ numbers.

Why not just say "Taking the 3 Super Bowls out of the equation for now, Brady and Manning have the same number of championships".

Who can take anything that comes out of CBS seriously anymore? That whole network has become a joke.

Re: Prisco's at it again.

stainlee said:
it amazes me that cbs sportsline continue's to allow this "peyton manning pundit" to espouse his "opinions" about the differences between manning's and brady's contracts.

suddenly manning's contract morphs into a 10 year deal and he throws out a 9 million dollar signing bonus due manning.

i e-mailed prisco himself and kez at the CHFF about this ration of BS.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8466188
Note: I apologize if my inerpreation is incorrect below-I couldn't read the article more than once.

Yeah, he says "taking out the 9 million for now" for Manning and never puts it back in, conveniently forgetting to take out Toms roster bonus next year, which is 12 million or so. So that adds 4 mil per year to Brady for Petes three year comparison.

I think this is what happened; Pete wrote his conclusion and THEN tried to figure out a way to find numbers to make his point (badly I might add).

Tiger_69 said:
"This deal" is ideal for Brady and the Patriots.

He's personally handcuffed the Colts from competing for a Super Bowl victory in the near future because he apparently thought that they couldn't win it without him.

Well, They could if they had some cash to spend on defense.

I believe Tom's total cap hit over the next 3 years is more. That's the whole point. And after that, Peyton might renegotiate. Read mgoblue's posts in this thread.

Apparently the Patriots shouldn't be able to afford a defense either.

maine05 said:
I believe Tom's total cap hit over the next 3 years is more. That's the whole point. And after that, Peyton might renegotiate. Read mgoblue's posts in this thread.

Apparently the Patriots shouldn't be able to afford a defense either.
Even if this is the case there is no doubt that Brady is the better QB.

Tom Brady QB'd the Patriots to three Super Bowl Victories. Peyton QB'd the Colts to the playoffs a few times. Brady is the better QB, not just for the reason previously mentioned but Manning really sucks under pressure (see Bledsoe). A stronger arm is only a small part of the formula. The ability to step up in the pocket on occasion to buy a couple of extra seconds does wonders.

Smarts and the ability to get out of one's own way (along with an accurate throw) way will go much further in the NFL than the stronger arm.

My point is that Peyton didn't do enough to earn his contract and I felt the same way about Bledsoe when he was handed his record breaking deal. Brady earned his keep and I believe that he'll only get better.

Back