Ray Lewis: Cheated back from torn Tricep???

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...wis-caricature-of-himself-hypocrite/onelouder

You might have heard something about Ray Lewis retiring after the Super Bowl. That, along with "The Harbaughs are brothers!" are the two primary storylines in New Orleans this week.

And while no one disputes that the Ravens linebacker will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer, one former player thinks paying homage to Lewis' remarkable career should be shelved in light of more pressing concerns: the Ravens have a pretty big game this Sunday.

Amani Toomer, who played for the Giants when the Ravens beat them in Super Bowl XXXV, thinks Lewis is setting the wrong tone.

"It's definitely all about him," Toomer told USA Today's Mike Garafolo. "Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game … I just don't think the Giants or any organization I've ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

"If you single yourself out after you make a play, that's one thing," Toomer continued. "But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. It's exhausting. I don't know why somebody would want that."

Toomer, who once said he'd rather have Tony Romo over former teammate and two-time Super Bowl champ Eli Manning, isn't alone when it comes to Lewis' unofficial retirement tour.

During the Colts-Ravens wild-card game, Indy wide receiver Reggie Wayne called Lewis' end-of-game, midfield dance "disrespectful."

Toomer concedes that the retirement serves to motivate Lewis' teammates but remains bothered by the dichotomy of a man who speaks frequently of God but was also once accused of double murder and pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.

"If you want to say you're Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record," Toomer said. "Don't say all of that stuff if you know there's stuff that might come back. Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy."
Good for Amani...I agree with him

Will it be 11 years from now? Please don't sit there and tell me that the media did not promote spygate more than any single instance in NFL history. It was on the radio yesterday, it was on ESPN yesterday and its been 11 years. Show me a single media member who is persecuting Ray Lewis over this....just one.

Midgar - this isn't in the same realm. Let's say, worst case scenario Ray put this spray under his tongue to be able to make playoffs. Are you saying this should get the same hype as a team that allegedly cheated by taping signs and watching opposing teams' walk throughs? If Ray was using the deer antler extract, he wasn't even playing in the games.

I still say he didn't since the owner of the company SWATS is flying to New Orleans to "clear the air" tomorrow. Awful long trip to make unless you have a confession...

One thing cameragate, & the Pats getting Dillon and Moss did for me was make me look at things differently. I used to be a knee jerk type who would jump on everything any other guy was accused of doing as the truth. I try to be objective now. I don't think Ray Ray is a murderer and I don't think BR is a rapist...I just don't like them for other reasons. :D

I still say he didn't since the owner of the company SWATS is flying to New Orleans to "clear the air" tomorrow. Awful long trip to make unless you have a confession...
Whatever Ray did or didn't do (and we have no proof either way) one thing is for sure...this SWATS guy has a HUGE HUGE agenda. I mean could he have said this right when it happened? NOOO he waits until the SB then dumps it out there. It smells.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...wis-caricature-of-himself-hypocrite/onelouder

You might have heard something about Ray Lewis retiring after the Super Bowl. That, along with "The Harbaughs are brothers!" are the two primary storylines in New Orleans this week.

And while no one disputes that the Ravens linebacker will be a first-ballot Hall of Famer, one former player thinks paying homage to Lewis' remarkable career should be shelved in light of more pressing concerns: the Ravens have a pretty big game this Sunday.

Amani Toomer, who played for the Giants when the Ravens beat them in Super Bowl XXXV, thinks Lewis is setting the wrong tone.

"It's definitely all about him," Toomer told USA Today's Mike Garafolo. "Once a guy goes to the center of the field, goes into the victory formation on the last play of his last home game … I just don't think the Giants or any organization I've ever been a part of, even growing up, would allow somebody to single themselves out like that.

"If you single yourself out after you make a play, that's one thing," Toomer continued. "But to walk out on the field reminds me of the WWE, like The Rock coming out. You're becoming a caricature of yourself. It's exhausting. I don't know why somebody would want that."

Toomer, who once said he'd rather have Tony Romo over former teammate and two-time Super Bowl champ Eli Manning, isn't alone when it comes to Lewis' unofficial retirement tour.

During the Colts-Ravens wild-card game, Indy wide receiver Reggie Wayne called Lewis' end-of-game, midfield dance "disrespectful."

Toomer concedes that the retirement serves to motivate Lewis' teammates but remains bothered by the dichotomy of a man who speaks frequently of God but was also once accused of double murder and pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice.

"If you want to say you're Mr. Religious and all of that, have a clean record," Toomer said. "Don't say all of that stuff if you know there's stuff that might come back. Those are the things that, when I look at him, I just think hypocrisy."

Some still bitter about the Super Bowl loss? Geesh. I guess doing what Cal Ripken did and allowing the fans to see you one last time is disrespectful.

Whatever Ray did or didn't do (and we have no proof either way) one thing is for sure...this SWATS guy has a HUGE HUGE agenda. I mean could he have said this right when it happened? NOOO he waits until the SB then dumps it out there. It smells.

Yeah I mean how odd that some institution would leak news on something right before that team is in the superbowl, how odd.....Although he did say a Golfer took it as well and the Golfer said, yeah he did.

One thing cameragate, & the Pats getting Dillon and Moss did for me was make me look at things differently. I used to be a knee jerk type who would jump on everything any other guy was accused of doing as the truth. I try to be objective now. I don't think Ray Ray is a murderer and I don't think BR is a rapist...I just don't like them for other reasons. :D

Funny thing is, I used to be fair and objective and spygate killed me for ever being like that again. I want everyone to burn now and I do not care if its true or not, because they damn sure didn't.

Agreed. He says he has video tapes of Ray asking how to use it? First, who video tapes a phone conversation? I have no idea if he's telling the truth or not but I guess we'll find out soon. Who ya rooting for HSanders?

@ mid

We have no proof you were ever objective before cameragate...you didn't join here until Dec 07. :D ;)

Midgar - this isn't in the same realm. Let's say, worst case scenario Ray put this spray under his tongue to be able to make playoffs. Are you saying this should get the same hype as a team that allegedly cheated by taping signs and watching opposing teams' walk throughs? If Ray was using the deer antler extract, he wasn't even playing in the games.

Do I think something that every team in the NFL does but because mangini got butthurt against belichick he decided to turn him in to teach him a lesson and it blew up into something that politicians wanted to take before congress and no matter what happens the Patriots are always linked to it no matter what is the same? Well it should be, but its all about how you spin it I guess. Thing about it is man, it does not even matter, if the media chose to blow it up and pound it into people's heads that Ray was a roider, then that is how it would be looked at. Thats what they chose to do with spygate.

@ mid

We have no proof you were ever objective before cameragate...you didn't join here until Dec 07. :D ;)

I joined here in 07, because I could not handle other fans talking about spygate anymore....ironic.

Agreed. He says he has video tapes of Ray asking how to use it? First, who video tapes a phone conversation? I have no idea if he's telling the truth or not but I guess we'll find out soon. Who ya rooting for HSanders?

No offense to your team, I do like a couple players like Reed and.....well ok Reed, but as long as Suggs and Pollard are on that team and continue to bash the patriots the way they do, I can never root for them and hope they get embarrassed in every game they play.

We probably won't find out but I'm not of the belief that taking something illegal to heal makes a team win a football game. What bothers me is that if it IS true, there will be no repercussions for it because he's retiring. I don't really care for that loophole in general. Any player in their last year could just do whatever, knowing that they can appeal and it will get dragged out past their retirement (a/k/a starcaps, etc)Favre already skated through the retirement loophole as well. Though I tend to think the NFL covered for him because they don't like their "icons" to look bad to the public.

I'm rooting for whichever team's victory would send Ed Reed to the Pats. :)
Actually I am not sure yet. Often if I have no strong pull, I start to watch the game and I will start rooting for someone almost involuntarily. I know this, these two teams play good sound physical football and I will probably enjoy the game. That's the type of football I like.

We probably won't find out but I'm not of the belief that taking something illegal to heal makes a team win a football game. What bothers me is that if it IS true, there will be no repercussions for it because he's retiring. I don't really care for that loophole in general. Any player in their last year could just do whatever, knowing that they can appeal and it will get dragged out past their retirement (a/k/a starcaps, etc)Favre already skated through the retirement loophole as well. Though I tend to think the NFL covered for him because they don't like their "icons" to look bad to the public.

I'm rooting for whichever team's victory would send Ed Reed to the Pats. :)
Actually I am not sure yet. Often if I have no strong pull, I start to watch the game and I will start rooting for someone almost involuntarily. I know this, these two teams play good sound physical football and I will probably enjoy the game. That's the type of football I like.

here let me help you out....suggs called your patriots a bunch of arrogant pricks....

In his defense (omg puke lol) the media didn't run with what the rest of what he said. A Pats writer had his videos of more of Suggs comments in the LR up on his twitter. After he channeled his inner Bart Scott, he actually talked nice about the Pats. But that's not a story...it never is.

In his defense (omg puke lol) the media didn't run with what the rest of what he said. A Pats writer had his videos of more of Suggs comments in the LR up on his twitter. After he channeled his inner Bart Scott, he actually talked nice about the Pats. But that's not a story...it never is.

So after he said the pats were arrogant pricks he said something nice about them? Oh well then all is forgiven....Here is what I said, and here is what I said when I knew people were watching.

"“Tell them to have fun at the Pro Bowl,” Suggs said after the game, via Dan Wetzel of Yahoo! Sports. “Arrogant f–kers.”

Suggs elaborated, explaining that, in his view, “These are the most arrogant pricks in the world starting with [coach Bill] Belichick on down.”

Suggs eventually calmed down, but only after pointing out that “ever since Spygate they haven’t been able to win.”"

Maybe I took that out of context....

Back