Report: more and more NFL players getting scammed

TrueBeliever

Hater hater
Reaction score
Came across this on BSPN today and thought it could make interesting conversation fodder here. We've talked a lot before about whether or not pro athletes are overpaid, but here's a different angle. According to this article, more and more of them are losing tons of money in investment scams:

Link

I can see it. You have a young guy who goes from being a penniless college student to a millionaire in a matter of years or even months. Odds are he isn't going to know that much about managing all that cash.

Discuss.

I'm sure this can be a problem with anyone having new found money.
I've heard of some getting involved with religious fanatics and funding all kinds of programs through large donations.

I better get in on this scamming too before it becomes the popular thing to do.

I'm sure this can be a problem with anyone having new found money.
I've heard of some getting involved with religious fanatics and funding all kinds of programs through large donations.

I've come into two large unexpected windfalls of money in my life ( nothing compared to any of these guys). It's best kept quiet. ( Inheritance through family...one a grandmother.) It brings the vultures out.
I was scammed on one partly but wasn't too bad...another was embezzled by someone promising to put into an investment to safeguard it. So it does bring out bad people in my own experience.

I've come into two large unexpected windfalls of money in my life ( nothing compared to any of these guys). It's best kept quiet. ( Inheritance through family...one a grandmother.) It brings the vultures out.
I was scammed on one partly but wasn't too bad...another was embezzled by someone promising to put into an investment to safeguard it. So it does bring out bad people in my own experience.

Just threaten to kill them.

"Yes I got some money I know, but let me deal with it how I want to. Did you know it's cheaper to have someone killed these days than it is to pay for your potential scam. Think about that!"

Were the jerks family, such as long lost cousins, or good friends?

Back