RIP George Winston

Thanks for posting the notice of Mr. Winston's passing.

I have several albums issued under the Windham Hill label. My favorite is the first Piano Sampler, acquired back when the CD format first started to become popular.

The December album was my second or third Windham Hill acquisition. It used to get played a lot when we lived in New England, taking its turn with other similar instrumental recordings in the 5 disk CD-changer.

That's not how we usually listen to music these days, but I've recently set up all my old equipment (CDs and LPs), and perhaps on some coldish night I'll do a Windham Hill retrospective.

And I'll be sure to have George Winston's signature album as part of the mix.

Thanks for posting the notice of Mr. Winston's passing.

I have several albums issued under the Windham Hill label. My favorite is the first Piano Sampler, acquired back when the CD format first started to become popular.

The December album was my second or third Windham Hill acquisition. It used to get played a lot when we lived in New England, taking its turn with other similar instrumental recordings in the 5 disk CD-changer.

That's not how we usually listen to music these days, but I've recently set up all my old equipment (CDs and LPs), and perhaps on some coldish night I'll do a Windham Hill retrospective.

And I'll be sure to have George Winston's signature album as part of the mix.
Chez Wanderer we typically play it while lazing around on Thanksgiving night, as well as in the dark while watching the first snow of the year.

He did some amazingly beautiful stuff.... RIP Mr Winston.

Back