RIP Neil Peart

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Greatest drummer that ever lived. I’m shocked. Huge Rush fan.

Bad motherfucker, in the most respectful sense.
Rest in Power

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I watched that whole final tour episode or series. It was very emotional. Heart wrenching. You got the sense there was something foreboding not made public. On the city to city jaunt they’d trailer and he’d map out fascinating hrs long motorcycle rides - an avid cyclist. It was etched in stone - non-negotiable.

I wonder if he was already diagnosed. His time was short. And he wanted as much experience as he could cram in his failing body.

Their body of work was sensational. So many songs.

Rest In Peace Neil. A great life for a great man.

I just saw this on FB. I'm devastated. I didn't even know he had cancer. I'm without words. Just speechless... the guy was one of my musical idols.

I'm just so sad

I watched that whole final tour episode or series. It was very emotional. Heart wrenching. You got the sense there was something foreboding not made public. On the city to city jaunt they’d trailer and he’d map out fascinating hrs long motorcycle rides - an avid cyclist. It was etched in stone - non-negotiable.

I wonder if he was already diagnosed. His time was short. And he wanted as much experience as he could cram in his failing body.

His books detailing his motorcycle travels are awesome. Was a great writer too. Just sucks, they are one of my all time favorites.

His books detailing his motorcycle travels are awesome. Was a great writer too. Just sucks, they are one of my all time favorites.

The man was a genius and a tortured genius that never fully recovered from the loss of his daughter in a car crash when she was 19. Although who could recover from that. I saw an interview where he spoke about it and it ripped my heart out.

I'm in shock. I can't fathom there not being Neil Peart in the world :frown:

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

I think that's where I saw him talk about his daughter

Fuck, fuck, fuck. This one is a kick in the nuts for me.

Saw my first Rush show in Nov '74 at the Forum in Montreal and my last at the ACC in Toronto in '15. In between, I saw them 17 more times, in 3 different Countries.

RIP to the professor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6lgMBiiFnw

Oddly enough a rapper introduced me to Rush and made me a fan. Tech N9ne, who is one of my favorite rappers, had a rap/rock mash-up song called Rock N Roll and the line "To ease the pain I listen to Geddy, Alex and Neil Peart" made me finally check out Rush.

Been a fan since that day and now this news blows goats. RIP Neil. Going to have to jam to Rush thru this weekend

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Wow, this sucks. loved Rush and Neil Peart was amazing. 2112 was my main introduction to Rush (that and Fly By Night, my older brother had those albums). I was into Kiss as a 10yr old (who wasn't in mid 70's) but Rush kicked me into bigger things.

I heard something about Rush stopping touring because "Neil couldn't do it now that he was older (or something like that)" I was wondering if something was wrong. so sad to hear this but not totally surprised.

I am very saddened by the passing of my friend through correspondence since the 90's when it was just email and letters.

We wrote many times and he sent me an autographed copy of his limited print book Raindance Over The Rockies in the the 90's. We kept in touch over the years.

Tremendous spirit, great philosophical mind, epic lyricist and one of the best percussionists in history. True renaissance man.

"This moment may be brief but it can be so bright." - Neil Peart

And so it it was.

The world lost a hero.

PeartRaindanceOverTheRockies.jpg

I am very saddened by the passing of my friend through correspondence since the 90's when it was just email and letters.

We wrote many times and he sent me an autographed copy of his limited print book Raindance Over The Rockies in the the 90's. We kept in touch over the years.

Tremendous spirit, great philosophical mind, epic lyricist and one of the best percussionists in history. True renaissance man.

"This moment may be brief but it can be so bright." - Neil Peart

And so it it was.

The world lost a hero.

PeartRaindanceOverTheRockies.jpg

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/peart-raindance-over-the-rockies.php

A link to that book. Interesting...

2112 is epic piece of philosophical work that requires some unpacking of it's ideas to be fully understood.

Back