Romantic gestures

Some men like practical gifts for themselves so they have it in their heads that wifey would appreciate the same thing.

I am pretty non girly when it comes to most stuff, and amount of $$ spent isn't a big thing to me but if you get me a vacuum or something, the locks get changed while you are out. ROFL

Are you trying to say that the new, larger tabletop griddle wasn't romantic?:shrug_n:

What's romantic to me is thoughtfulness. Not I ask and he does, but coming up with it on his own.
One of the best things my husband ever did for me was when we lived at a house that had high grass at the end of the street, he cut all of it down because I had a small vehicle and couldn't see very clearly to pull out onto the road. I never asked about it, mentioned it or nagged (I don't nag) about it.
I would love to be told, "forget cooking or even thinking about it for a month, I will bring home food or we will go out to eat". Or a bathroom gets cleaned, or something.

Good stuff!

Now on to the matter at hand, did he use a piece of field equipment, a riding mower, a push mower or a sickle and pair of clippers?

Some men like practical gifts for themselves so they have it in their heads that wifey would appreciate the same thing.

I am pretty non girly when it comes to most stuff, and amount of $$ spent isn't a big thing to me but if you get me a vacuum or something, the locks get changed while you are out. ROFL

True story.....

Some years ago, I asked my wife what she wanted for Mother's Day.
She thinks for a few seconds and says, "A Dust Buster."
Immediately sensing a trap, I reply, "There's no way I'm getting you a Dust Buster."
She says, "I really want a Dust Buster."
Feeling that the trap is becoming more elaborate, I reiterate that I'm not getting her a Dust Buster.
She says, "I'll call the kids right now and put it on the record that I want a Dust Buster", which she does.

So off I go to Walmart and bring the Dust Buster to the register.
The woman at the register looks at me, looks at the Dust Buster, looks back at me and says, loud enough for everyone else in line to hear, "Please tell me this isn't a Mother's Day gift for your wife."

I say, also loud enough, "As God is my witness, she's insisting on a Dust Buster."
She rings it up and as I'm walking away, she says "Good Luck."

Yes, she really was happy with the Dust Buster, much to my relief.

True story.....

Some years ago, I asked my wife what she wanted for Mother's Day.
She thinks for a few seconds and says, "A Dust Buster."
Immediately sensing a trap, I reply, "There's no way I'm getting you a Dust Buster."
She says, "I really want a Dust Buster."
Feeling that the trap is becoming more elaborate, I reiterate that I'm not getting her a Dust Buster.
She says, "I'll call the kids right now and put it on the record that I want a Dust Buster", which she does.

So off I go to Walmart and bring the Dust Buster to the register.
The woman at the register looks at me, looks at the Dust Buster, looks back at me and says, loud enough for everyone else in line to hear, "Please tell me this isn't a Mother's Day gift for your wife."

I say, also loud enough, "As God is my witness, she's insisting on a Dust Buster."
She rings it up and as I'm walking away, she says "Good Luck."

You know why she wanted to dust buster? You know why don't you? Because she don't want to give you a blow jobs anymore and handed it back to you. ROFL

Good stuff!

Now on to the matter at hand, did he use a piece of field equipment, a riding mower, a push mower or a sickle and pair of clippers?
I'd say it was a combination of riding mower and clippers. :)

Awesome story!

I've had to do similar with occasions, telling him not to buy me anything for whatever occasion. He never believes me, lol. Even though I don't say stuff like that unless I mean it.

Back