Romantic gestures

bostonsports

Reaction score
With V-Day just around the corner thought I would start a thread to give other members some ideas to put a little spark or surprise in your significant others life.So what do you do on a regular basis for your better half? Myself every Sunday I go out and pick up a romantic greeting card for my wife. I take it home fill it out and then hide it somewhere inside the house. Some places a little harder than others. As the days week's and months go by my wife will stumble across a few of them. I figure if I happen to go before her she will still be getting cards from me when I am long gone. I have been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now.

A greeting card? Really?

Are you Russel Wilson?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...google-to-find-romantic-compliments-for-ciara

Take it from a guy that played....Opps

I mean, take it from a guy that has arguably been one of the worst husbands in the world, but somehow stayed married to one of the worlds great beauties forever..In fact I couldn't get rid of her if I wanted to-

Greeting cards are impersonal, not to mention, corny...

Do you have to try and start an argument in every thread?

Nothing wrong with surprise cards, and the thread idea is a good one.

I was gonna leave it alone.....But he needs to know that,

He can do better

I would suggest his wife can better decide what works

I'm sure lots of us do things for our spouses that are very romantic to us but might not appear so to someone else. At the end of the day it's between two people.

I was gonna leave it alone.....But he needs to know that,

He can do better

One time my married friend asked me to write some love letters to a very attractive young woman he was smitten with, we both knew her so I wrote a few real fast at work...He said he's just no good at it. About a month later I was talking to her and she said she had no interest in him, then he wrote her some unbelievable love letters, she said not only did she cry while reading them, her mother did too...

I was about to say "I wrote em", I mean the words were halfway outta my mouth...but....I just couldn't do it to my buddy

If you can't come up with something to say to a beutiful woman on your own, then you don't deserve her

Make a card that has a hole in it...:coffee:

Or a box of popcorn and agree to take her to see a chick flick.

Cheers, BostonTim

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

One time my married friend asked me to write some love letters to a very attractive young woman he was smitten with, we both knew her so I wrote a few real fast at work...He said he's just no good at it. About a month later I was talking to her and she said she had no interest in him, then he wrote her some unbelievable love letters, she said not only did she cry while reading them, her mother did too...

I was about to say "I wrote em", I mean the words were halfway outta my mouth...but....I just couldn't do it to my buddy

If you can't come up with something to say to a beutiful woman on your own, then you don't deserve her

Cyrano, that you?

She doesn't want to watch one of those with you, do you think she likes to be with someone who's not enjoying it? Its like having sex with someone that's not enjoying it

You guys just don't get it

I'm beginning to think YOU don't get it.

Do you have anything positive to contribute to this thread?

Cheers, BostonTim

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Cyrano, that you?

She was an attractive young lady and I just told her why she is attractive-

Romantic Gesture? You mean just whipping it out isn't romantic? :)
write Hallmark on it

I'm beginning to think YOU don't get it.

Do you have anything positive to contribute to this thread?
I think he is going to find himself locked out of a lot of threads soon

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

With V-Day just around the corner thought I would start a thread to give other members some ideas to put a little spark or surprise in your significant others life.So what do you do on a regular basis for your better half? Myself every Sunday I go out and pick up a romantic greeting card for my wife. I take it home fill it out and then hide it somewhere inside the house. Some places a little harder than others. As the days week's and months go by my wife will stumble across a few of them. I figure if I happen to go before her she will still be getting cards from me when I am long gone. I have been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now.
Cool idea, finding a card 6 month later would be pretty cool.

illegal_aliens_flip_off_xlarge.jpeg

Men.

Freaking clueless. Except for BostonSports, who is remarkably attuned to sentimental value.

What's romantic to me is thoughtfulness. Not I ask and he does, but coming up with it on his own.
One of the best things my husband ever did for me was when we lived at a house that had high grass at the end of the street, he cut all of it down because I had a small vehicle and couldn't see very clearly to pull out onto the road. I never asked about it, mentioned it or nagged (I don't nag) about it.
I would love to be told, "forget cooking or even thinking about it for a month, I will bring home food or we will go out to eat". Or a bathroom gets cleaned, or something.

There is no way Steve Martin would get Daryl Hannah with a schnooz like that.

Back