Running Back Risers and Sliders

southcarolina

But, really, im not southcarolina
Reaction score
Hold on...whats this?!?! The 15th fastest 40 time among RBs? The 8th best Vertical jump? The 8th best bench?

Who is this Combine Warrior that Sports Illustrated has tabbed as one of its risers at the RB position at the combine?

Thats right....Cory Mutha F'ing Boyd

Risers

Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas: McFadden is already the top prospect in this draft, yet he further distanced himself from the pack as his combine workout was nothing less than spectacular. McFadden weighed in at 211 pounds then ran both of his forty's in the low 4.3 second area. His fast times will get most of the headlines, yet McFadden displayed great footwork and cutting skills during the practice session and was equally effective catching the ball.

Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon: Stewart was another big back who amazed scouts with his speed. The junior from Oregon tipped the scales at 230 pounds, yet timed both of his forty's in the low 4.4's. He also completed 28 reps on the bench press, which topped all running backs. Stewart is likely to be rated as one of the top eight players in the draft.

Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois: Mendenhall made it three for three as he timed in the low 4.4's. He had earlier weighed in at 225 pounds on Friday. Mendenhall also displayed good hands during drills. Mendenhall completed an impressive 26 repetitions on the bench press.

Joe Flacco, QB, Delaware: Flacco continued the momentum he built at the Senior Bowl. He was the most physically impressive passer at the combine and had the best arm strength. Flacco was accurate with all his throws the entire day. He impressed scouts with his ability to adjust passes to all the receivers he threw to, both fast and slow, hitting them in stride and giving them an opportunity to catch the ball.

Cory Boyd, RB, South Carolina: Boyd was considered a straight ahead power back in college, yet that perception will soon change. Boyd timed his forty's at or below 4.5 seconds. He also displayed better than expected cutting skills during the practice session.

Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina: Johnson was the fastest of all the backs on Sunday. He went below 4.3 seconds in both runnings of the forty, the best being a 4.25 on his second attempt.

Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas: The Longhorn sprint champion did not disappoint the crowd in the RCA Dome. Charles timed both his forty's in the high 4.3's.

Sliders

Mike Hart, RB, Michigan: Hart looked good during the practice session, yet teams will not be able to overlook his poor forty times. Hart ran 4.65 seconds then 4.75 seconds after weighing in at 206 pounds.

Yvenson Bernard, RB, Oregon State: Bernard is known as a slippery scat back who can turn the corner. His forty times of 4.81 and 4.78 will change that line of thinking.

Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego: Johnson was out to prove he belongs with the top quarterbacks in this draft but it did not happen. His deep passes were woeful as they were inaccurate and wobbled through the air.

Anybody know much or seen much of this guy:

Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina: Johnson was the fastest of all the backs on Sunday. He went below 4.3 seconds in both runnings of the forty, the best being a 4.25 on his second attempt.

Would be an interesting later pick if he can catch at all. Imagine all those dumpoffs late in the year to Maroney going to a guy with wheels like this in space.
Anyone see him play and can he catch it.

Chirs Johnson = good.
he was the best senior RB before the combine, and it made him ever higher,
mabey a 2nd now

he has decent hands, they get the job done

southcarolina on 02-28-2008 at 10:25 AM said:
Hold on...whats this?!?! The 15th fastest 40 time among RBs? The 8th best Vertical jump? The 8th best bench?

Who is this Combine Warrior that Sports Illustrated has tabbed as one of its risers at the RB position at the combine?

Thats right....Cory Mutha F'ing Boyd
Yep, he pushed his way into the 7th round with that Combine! (Though you know I'd love to see him in Training Camp understudying Slammin' Sammy.)

Re: Re: Running Back Risers and Sliders

Box_O_Rocks on 02-29-2008 at 06:54 PM said:
Yep, he pushed his way into the 7th round with that Combine! (Though you know I'd love to see him in Training Camp understudying Slammin' Sammy.)

I'll bet you something that he gets drafted before the seventh round. A sig or avatar or first born son or something. Just name it.

Re: Re: Re: Running Back Risers and Sliders

southcarolina on 03-01-2008 at 03:28 AM said:
I'll bet you something that he gets drafted before the seventh round. A sig or avatar or first born son or something. Just name it.
Could be, you've known I like the kid and put him on my nice to have sheet after I first saw him. Besides, your first born son probably isn't house broken, and I so hate smacking them with newspapers and rubbing their little noses in the mess after I've stepped in it.

Back