Saban ballwashing reaching new lows

Wandering Athol

Blood in the streets it's up to my ankle
Reaction score
See you in a couple of decades Pats fans, the next 20 years belong to the Fish: :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14626117/page/2/
Ladies and gentleman, meet the next superstar NFL coach. This guy is going to be special. And soon.

While the Dolphins still may be a player and a break or two away from greatness, it’s clear Saban will have his team playing in the big game within the next three seasons. Yes, by 2008, the Dolphins will recapture the Shula days. And it could happen this year.

When it’s all over, Saban will widely be considered one of the best. Surly, no-fun personality? So what. Don’t all great coaches fit those descriptions.

Like his mentor Bill Belichick, Saban is a coach who makes a difference every week. What he did last year, after being wooed from LSU, was nothing short than brilliant. He took a team deplete of talent and had a winning season. Miami won its final six games of the year to roar back from being 3-7.

The light came on and it’s shining bright. This coach will likely never stumble again in the NFL and if he does it’ll likely be one of those temporary Mike Shanahan deals. In 11 seasons in Denver, Shanahan has had one losing season and that’s because everyone but Thunder the horse was beat up.

Add Saban to the likes of Shanahan. Even the Dolphins themselves are stunned. Last year, some insiders thought the team would win four games because of a lack of talent. No talent, no biggie. Saban was there.

Now add a healthy Daunte Culpepper — Miami’s missing piece was a quarterback — and now Saban has help. As if he needs any.

-----------------------------------------------

Crikey, this guy has coached ONE year in the NFL and was 3-7 when they went on a streak beating mostly doormats and 3rd-stringers. For that huge accomplishment he's getting teabagged by the national media? :blink: Come on people!

I've got a feeling a sophomore slump might be in the works here.

All these idots are set up for an even bigger fall than last year when they were predicting Baltimore would run away with the AFC North. When will they learn? :shake:

Wandering Athol said:
While the Dolphins still may be a player and a break or two away from greatness, it’s clear Saban will have his team playing in the big game within the next three seasons.

He took a team deplete of talent and had a winning season. Miami won its final six games of the year to roar back from being 3-7.

Last year, some insiders thought the team would win four games because of a lack of talent. No talent, no biggie. Saban was there.

Now add a healthy Daunte Culpepper — Miami’s missing piece was a quarterback — and now Saban has help. As if he needs any.[/i]

So let me see if I get this straight.

Miami had no talent last year but now since they added a QB they are a player away?

Riiiiiiight.

Eariler in the offseason I saw one of Sabans after practice press conference with the local reporters and they asked more questions about his stupid hat than they did the team. Those reporters acted like a bunch of women at a fashion show.

How quickly are those morons going to change their tune after the Dolphins can't even beat the Cheesburger-less (and maybe even Hines Ward-less) Steelers on Opening Night?

Oh wait, never mind... it'll just turn into "well, with the atmosphere of the season-opening game and blah blah blah," they've probably already got their Manning-esque excuses prewritten!

By the way, how are the Genius Saban and Golden Boy Manning BOTH supposed to win the Super Bowl this year? :banghead: Just once I'd like to meet a sportswriter that has any f'ing CLUE what he's talking about...

Dan Pires is the man! :thumb:

I actually think Saban is a good coach, but agree the Dolphins are waaayy overrated. Culpepper was terrible last year-the Vikings were better without him. Not that Saban had much choice on the QB situation, Dante is better than what they had, but I predict they finish worse than last year.

The guy is a Denver Post staff writer...none of this is at all original, sadly. More interesting would be some notes on the new or recently-appointed coaches and their challenges, and it would have been interesting had he been able to provide insight on a guy like Kubiak.

Saban is likely to be smart and tough--he is well-regarded by BB himself, as we know. But writers might consider the pleasure of waiting to watch another season before putting him in the pantheon, or even the inner sanctum with legends such as Cowher and Parcells.

"Don't speak too soon, for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's namin'..."

Back