Schilling loves him some Ben Roethlisberger

His family hails from Pennsylvania. He's always been a fan of Pittsburgh sports teams. Last but not least, who gives a flying $&*#. No one says these guys have to automatically root for all things Boston just because they play here. Hell, Manny Ramirez probably doesn't even know he plays for Boston. :coffee:

JD10367 on 05-05-2007 at 07:04 PM said:
His family hails from Pennsylvania. He's always been a fan of Pittsburgh sports teams. Last but not least, who gives a flying $&*#. No one says these guys have to automatically root for all things Boston just because they play here. Hell, Manny Ramirez probably doesn't even know he plays for Boston. :coffee:

I completely agree, but why is Brady getting harrassed for it, while Schilling is accepted rooting for the enemy? Both should be able to do what they want, but in Boston you don't dare go against the 'family'!!!

Who exactly is harassing Brady for it? I know there was a picture in the Herald, but the Herald is pretty much one small step up from the Enquirer.

If any "Patriots fan" really is upset over the hat, they're frigging morons. JMO.

JD10367 on 05-05-2007 at 07:10 PM said:
Who exactly is harassing Brady for it? I know there was a picture in the Herald, but the Herald is pretty much one small step up from the Enquirer.

If any "Patriots fan" really is upset over the hat, they're frigging morons. JMO.

Are you kidding? This story was on Sports Center, Mike & Mike, PTI and written about in every major sports column...it was freakin headline news in which Tom Brady was ripped for making a huge mistake and using bad judgement!

If Brady wants to wear a Yankee hat, fine. All I care is what he does on Sundays from Sept to February.

Man oh man it must be a slow news day. Who gives a ****! Brady is the QB of the NEP damnit!

DrewWho on 05-05-2007 at 07:17 PM said:
Are you kidding? This story was on Sports Center, Mike & Mike, PTI and written about in every major sports column...it was freakin headline news in which Tom Brady was ripped for making a huge mistake and using bad judgement!

Wow. It really must have been a slow news day. I really hate the media telling me how to think. This is the furthest thing from my mind right now that has me outraged.

God damnit!

DrewWho on 05-05-2007 at 07:06 PM said:
I completely agree, but why is Brady getting harrassed for it, while Schilling is accepted rooting for the enemy?
Probably because Sox/Yanks is the biggest rivalry is sports.

Pats/Steelers? Not even a rivalry really, just a bump in the road to a couple superbowls

Since the dude has some roots to the Pittsburgh region, I think Pats fans shouldn't care, and besides, this is a 2006 news story...it's old

If the sports media in Boston didn't have such a myopic focus on the Red Sox, this would be a non-story.

Did anyone say anything about Schilling's Steelers jersey back then?

Someone really needs to start a baseball planet for us to talk about this type of stuff.

southcarolina on 05-06-2007 at 08:17 PM said:
Someone really needs to start a baseball planet for us to talk about this type of stuff.

Nah, why do that when we can keep making baseball threads here...

How enlightening

gay_thread.jpg

"Curt Schilling: Bradshaw, greatest Super Bowl quarterback ever!""

:D Obviously, this man knows his football.

"I was raised a Steeler and Pirate fan," Schilling said."

I think he'd look good in a Buccos uniform. What do you think Schilling? Hometown discount? :grovel:

Back