Seymour too ?

Reaction score
Website
steelerwatch.com
Foxborough, Mass. – There's little question that Pro Bowl defensive end Richard Seymour is an integral part of the Patriots defense. So logically, as the Patriots move through their bye week in preparation of the AFC Divisional playoffs next weekend, a lingering question is whether they'll be playing with or without Seymour when they next take the field.

Seymour spoke to the media Wednesday for the first time since suffering a left knee injury against the New York Jets on December 26. The question of the day was the status of his health, and if he had reason to optimistic about a return.

"I'm praying for the best, just hoping that everything happens [and] I'll be out there," Seymour said. "That's my goal, to be out there. Realistically, what happens, I don't know."

Seymour was injured during the third quarter of the Jets' game when New York center Kevin Mawae fell into his left leg while blocking linebacker Mike Vrabel. Seymour, who left the game under his own power, was listed as 'doubtful' on last week's injury report and was deactivated for the win over San Francisco.

"It's always frustrating, but I think you have to have a good balance," Seymour said about the potential disappointment of not playing. "Just understand it's a part of the game. Seymour doesn't have a bulletproof vest on or anything like that. I'm human, just like everyone else. It's a part of the game, you know, you live and you learn. Hopefully something good will come out of it."

While specific information regarding his injury hasn't been revealed by the team, some outlets have reported he suffered an injury that would force him to miss three to six weeks. Seymour appeared candid that he'd do everything possible to return, even though he had no real idea when that will actually be.

"If I'm healthy enough to go out and play, definitely, I don't want to see my football team out there without me out there with those guys," he said. "I think I've battled with those guys, but in the work with those guys all season long. It's coming down to crunch time when you need all your players ready, you need everyone healthy to go. If I'm healthy enough to go, then I'll be out there."

SteelersOwnYou said:
Foxborough, Mass. – There's little question that Pro Bowl defensive end Richard Seymour is an integral part of the Patriots defense. So logically, as the Patriots move through their bye week in preparation of the AFC Divisional playoffs next weekend, a lingering question is whether they'll be playing with or without Seymour when they next take the field.

Seymour spoke to the media Wednesday for the first time since suffering a left knee injury against the New York Jets on December 26. The question of the day was the status of his health, and if he had reason to optimistic about a return.

"I'm praying for the best, just hoping that everything happens [and] I'll be out there," Seymour said. "That's my goal, to be out there. Realistically, what happens, I don't know."

Seymour was injured during the third quarter of the Jets' game when New York center Kevin Mawae fell into his left leg while blocking linebacker Mike Vrabel. Seymour, who left the game under his own power, was listed as 'doubtful' on last week's injury report and was deactivated for the win over San Francisco.

"It's always frustrating, but I think you have to have a good balance," Seymour said about the potential disappointment of not playing. "Just understand it's a part of the game. Seymour doesn't have a bulletproof vest on or anything like that. I'm human, just like everyone else. It's a part of the game, you know, you live and you learn. Hopefully something good will come out of it."

While specific information regarding his injury hasn't been revealed by the team, some outlets have reported he suffered an injury that would force him to miss three to six weeks. Seymour appeared candid that he'd do everything possible to return, even though he had no real idea when that will actually be.

"If I'm healthy enough to go out and play, definitely, I don't want to see my football team out there without me out there with those guys," he said. "I think I've battled with those guys, but in the work with those guys all season long. It's coming down to crunch time when you need all your players ready, you need everyone healthy to go. If I'm healthy enough to go, then I'll be out there."

got your tickets to jacksonville yet???

ROFL

It's a fate acompli.....Pittsburgh is going to the bowl....the Super Toilet Bowl!

You Misunderstand !

I think you misunderstand..I hope all of your team is able to play.(Ty Law excluded of course hes gone)

If you guy's have more than Law out..

It'll just be the same disrespect to the team that hands it to ya.It wasnt they beat you but the fact so and so was out and couldnt play.(if thats the case)

you would never find the pats coaches or players making excuses.
they expect everyone on their roster to step up when called upon.

as for the fans, i have seen some try to make the injury excuse, but for the most part, most fans haven't.

the steelers had some injuries too.

the fact is, that day, the steelers beat the pats in every phase of the game.

hopefully, seymour or no seymour, we'll meet again in the afccg.

should be a classic.

stainlee said:
you would never find the pats coaches or players making excuses.
they expect everyone on their roster to step up when called upon.

as for the fans, i have seen some try to make the injury excuse, but for the most part, most fans haven't.

the steelers had some injuries too.

the fact is, that day, the steelers beat the pats in every phase of the game.

hopefully, seymour or no seymour, we'll meet again in the afccg.

should be a classic.

My hats off great post and I couldnt agree more.:thumb:

Ballbustah said:
What have the Steelers done lately?

Didn't they win the last game they played?

(and the game before that, and the game before that, and the...)

The Patsies have nothing to worry about, I hear Dillon is practicing at DE and CB this week.

The Colts have to be drooling over this though...

Marvin Harrison - Ashante Samuel / Gay
Reggie Wayne - Earthwind Moreland/ Gay
Brandon Stokely - Troy Brown / Don Davis
Dallas Clark - Mike Vrabel
Marcus Pollard - Some other bum

StillSpike said:
The Patsies have nothing to worry about, I hear Dillon is practicing at DE and CB this week.

the one thing you forgot to mention about the colts....

pay-me-a-ton manning :Eason: in the playoffs:D

StillSpike said:

Seems you forgot about Eugene Wilson, Rodney Harrison and Dexter Reid. Do you really think the Pats are going to play man coverage against the Colts? What you'll see is a bend/don't break defense. Then see if the Colts D can stop the Pats offense, which just happens to be very healthy. Then there's this minor phase of the game called special teams with Bethel Johnson returning kicks and the best clutch/bad weather kicker in the game.

And even though it's a long range forcast, the expectation is that temps are going to turn very cold by next weekend. Those hits by Harrison and Wilson are going to feel just a little bit harder.

And it's time for you children to get off the Dillon drumbeat. No one here is saying he would have made the difference. It's time for you to step it up and see if you can bring something intelligent to the discussion.

Oh yeah, perhaps you should be worrying about next week's game as well. Your team has this annoying little habit of choking in the playoffs under Cowher.

StillSpike said:

The Colts O vs the Pats D is a good matchup. However, the Pats O vs the Colts D? No contest. Pats will put up a ton of points on the Colts. Freeney isn't the same on grass.

I would like to see the Broncos pull the upset though, because I wouldn't want the make-shift secondary to face Manning. But on the other side, I believe Belichick has a plan.

You dumb ass-ed Tinner fans don't realize that this is when Belicheck is at his best.

SteelersOwnYou said:

2004 Pittsburgh Steelers: Biggest Fraud since, well, the 2001 Pittsburgh Steelers.

SteelersOwnYou said:

This franchise is in huge trouble and I have to say that if Indy gets them they are going to lose big time. I see Manning getting his revenge against this swiss cheese secondary... :eek: :p

SteelersOwnYou said:
15-1

Ties the longest win streak in NFL history.(Phons undefeated season)

But it dosent and wont mean a thing unless.....

you need to think about this some more. 15-1 does not tie the longest win streak in history. 21 wins a row is still a little better than 15-1.

I would have thought a proud steeler fan would know this. Whats your excuse?

Back