Should the Patriots treat the remaining games like Preseason?

One could rest the starters for game, or just win out and get a weeks rest. Get the 1st round bye, that's important. I don't think its eintirely positive not to play togheter for 1 month either.

You have to play to win the games. If anything I believe Belichick would argue that if you go into a game with that kind of mindset, you're MORE likely to get injured if you play scared. If you're not decisive in that kind of environment you're going to get hurt.

Plus you lose game speed when you rest guys for extended periods of time. That's why Brady and Gronk don't come into training camp even close to 100% and we don't just rest them until week 1.

One could rest the starters for game, or just win out and get a weeks rest. Get the 1st round bye, that's important. I don't think its eintirely positive not to play togheter for 1 month either.

Yes, bottom line is to lock down #1 seed. Then with subsequent games after the lock down, like Pats did last year and gave that last game to Buffalo. So, this year their Holiday game gift goes to the Phins because Pats would NEVER give anything to the Jests.

Happy Holidays to Everyone !!! :toast:

Back