Should the Patriots treat the remaining games like Preseason?

Roberto71

Reaction score
I've seen this mentioned by some fans on social media and even some credible reporters. They believe that with the multitude of injuries, the Patriots really cannot afford more and should now rest key players until January now that the Division is won.

The counter to that of course is that getting that No.1 seed is of paramount importance and therefore we cannot relent.

The counter to THAT is, if we get Jules back and everyone else is fully healthy and rested come January, that the No.1 seed will not matter as a fully fit Patriots (bar the obvious guys on IR) are not really threatened by anyone else in the AFC so playing away for the AFCCG for example will not be an issue.

What are peoples views? I say continue to play hard with the starters. Players can actually come to games cold in the post season come the Divisional Round if they have the no.1/2 seed.

As good as you guys are at home, I'd think securing the one seed would be incredibly important.

I've seen this mentioned by some fans on social media and even some credible reporters. They believe that with the multitude of injuries, the Patriots really cannot afford more and should now rest key players until January now that the Division is won.

The counter to that of course is that getting that No.1 seed is of paramount importance and therefore we cannot relent.

The counter to THAT is, if we get Jules back and everyone else is fully healthy and rested come January, that the No.1 seed will not matter as a fully fit Patriots (bar the obvious guys on IR) are not really threatened by anyone else in the AFC so playing away for the AFCCG for example will not be an issue.

What are peoples views? I say continue to play hard with the starters. Players can actually come to games cold in the post season come the Divisional Round if they have the no.1/2 seed.

They SHOULD be true to themselves.

I guess it's ok to ask the question but the answer is no, and Bill wouldn't do it.
He will not rest his team like Indy did the year they tanked their undefeated chances and royall failed in the playoffs.

That year is my icon for how not to do it.

Cheers

As good as you guys are at home, I'd think securing the one seed would be incredibly important.

I agree and I think BB will be acutely aware of the fact the team has been caught cold in the past in the Divisional Round especially against teams who had come through good wild card round wins.

The Ravens and the Jets both beat the Pats in NE at that stage and in truth, the Ravens could have had another win as well in NE in the DR last year when they were caught cold from the off and BB and McDaniels had to use every trick in the book to get back into the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of you guys getting the 3 seed and not playing your starters for like a month before the playoffs.

So don't let me stop you. :D

I expect the #1 seed is critically important. If that goal is met, managing snaps in winning efforts is just good business.

I expect the #1 seed is critically important. If that goal is met, managing snaps in winning efforts is just good business.

I always hated when the Colts would start pulling starters one or two weeks before the playoffs. I thought it killed momentum and creates rust.

If guys are borderline and you've got things wrapped up sure, sit em down. If week 17 rolls around and everything is wrapped up, sure sit guys like Brady in the 3rd quarter or whatever.

At the moment, if all things panned out as they stand now, you'd expect in the WC round, the Donks to beat the Jets in Denver and the Colts to beat the Chiefs though that would be a very close game.

So we'd have the Colts coming to NE for the DR.

At the moment, if all things panned out as they stand now, you'd expect in the WC round, the Donks to beat the Jets in Denver and the Colts to beat the Chiefs though that would be a very close game.

Lol. Oh we're probably not going to make the playoffs. Even if we did, I surely wouldn't expect us to win a game once we got there.

I'm trying to be nice......

Thanks, but sometimes it crueler to be kind.

I don't know, we might sneak in and may be able to beat the Chiefs. But really we're not a very good team and unless Andrew comes back like the andrew of past years a one and done is likely our best case scenario.

Unless you factor in the much lower draft pick and then not making the playoffs might be the better option even if I Hate thinking like that

Unless you factor in the much lower draft pick and then not making the playoffs might be the better option even if I Hate thinking like that

Lolz... good one, Jar.... good one.. ROFL

I agree and I think BB will be acutely aware of the fact the team has been caught cold in the past in the Divisional Round especially against teams who had come through good wild card round wins.

Good point. I'm a fan of their playing some even if wrapped up. and saving a padded practice for that bye week if that is within the rules.

I expect the Chiefs to win out, and I halfway expect the Donkeys to lose two out of three. Their game against PIT is probably going to be a loss, and they still could lose to either CIN or SD in their last two games.

In that case, the Chiefs would finish with the 3-seed.

No. They've gotta lock the 1 seed. If it means playing everyone against the Dolphins, then that's what it means.

At that point, they'll have the bye anyway, so they'll definitely get another week off.

No. They've gotta lock the 1 seed. If it means playing everyone against the Dolphins, then that's what it means.

At that point, they'll have the bye anyway, so they'll definitely get another week off.

Agree. BB hasn't let resting players cross his mind yet. Once #1 is clinched, all bets are off.

No. Balls to wall all the way.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Back