Smith spat at Brady

Box_O_Rocks on 12-15-2007 at 11:17 PM said:
Settle down drewpy, the man is entitled to misinterpret a TV broadcast...unless you've seen the same broadcast from SkyTV and have a different interpretation? And why would Brady do a DeAngelo whine?

He did say something maybe, but spit. Spit is a pretty offensive accusation and for someone to start a post with no facts like that is ridiculous. If he spit, Harrison and the rest of the team would have went nuts. It was not mentioned and it did not happen.

Fantom spit :banghead:

Just saw a clip on ESPN and I did see something come flying at Brady's helmet. Couldn't tell whether it was intentional or not.

Alcoholic9* on 12-16-2007 at 08:51 AM said:
Just saw a clip on ESPN and I did see something come flying at Brady's helmet. Couldn't tell whether it was intentional or not.

NFL Matchup?

I just watched it too. I Tivo'd it from last night. I watched it in slo-mo and something definitely comes flying from Smith's person to Brady's. Brady actually flinches as well. It didn't look like spittle. It looked like a loog.

Nothing intentional here. It is documented that Smith is a sperm-burper and having just gotten mentally jerked off his response was involuntary.:rolleyes:

dred on 12-15-2007 at 06:12 PM said:
Whats the big deal?

I'd spit at Brady if he got within range of me too.

Class act. Colts fan?

DrewWho on 12-16-2007 at 08:34 AM said:
He did say something maybe, but spit. Spit is a pretty offensive accusation and for someone to start a post with no facts like that is ridiculous. If he spit, Harrison and the rest of the team would have went nuts. It was not mentioned and it did not happen.

34-13 holding the Steelers scoreless in the second half, Mankins and Harrison (Pit) locked up after the one scoring play, there was a bit of tension out there. Remember how the Ravens behaved? They were trying to push the Pats players into losing their cool and lost their own in the process - teams are trying to get in the Pats heads and they are just taking the insults and crude behavior and storing it up for the next round.

DrewWho on 12-16-2007 at 01:34 PM said:

Not ridiculous- i hadn't heard anything reported about it all week & I thought from the other camera views that the two were just having words- when i saw the NFL films highlight on sky yesterday I was amazed to see what Smith did...& he DID do it...I made no mistake & this is a no bull post...

I know stuff like that goes off from time to time, perhaps at the bottom of a tackle pile- but it was still pretty shocking to see Brady gobbed at...

:eek:

I just watched it too. I Tivo'd it from last night. I watched it in slo-mo and something definitely comes flying from Smith's person to Brady's. Brady actually flinches as well.

cheers for the confirmations - any chance you can post a picture?? :thumb:

patsman1973 on 12-16-2007 at 12:01 PM said:

cheers for the confirmations - any chance you can post a picture?? :thumb:

I wish. I can hardly find my Esc button. Know this. I'm not BSing either. I saw exactly what you saw. He spit. Intention is impossible to prove but if Brady thought he did it on purpose, then we know why he took as much exception as he did.

Somehow I get the idea that Brady isn't really too interested in protecting Smith, or covering up anything he did. If Smith had spat on him, I'm pretty sure Brady, or at least SOMEBODY would have said something about it.

SteelerFan87 on 12-16-2007 at 05:50 PM said:
Somehow I get the idea that Brady isn't really too interested in protecting Smith, or covering up anything he did. If Smith had spat on him, I'm pretty sure Brady, or at least SOMEBODY would have said something about it.

Did you see the replay we're talking about? It's clear what happened. It's unclear if it was intentional. No, I can't link it. Take my word. You know I try to be fair and objective. There was projectile and it looked like a spinning loog.

Fully* Tilted* on 12-16-2007 at 05:52 PM said:
Did you see the replay we're talking about? It's clear what happened. It's unclear if it was intentional. No, I can't link it. Take my word. You know I try to be fair and objective. There was projectile and it looked like a spinning loog.

Ok, if it was INTENTIONAL, then Brady would have said something about it.

I mean, Bill Cowher was famous for spitting alot, but obviously he wasn't doing it intentionally. Maybe that's what Brady was saying to Smith, then: "say it don't spray it". lol

SteelerFan87 on 12-16-2007 at 06:06 PM said:
Ok, if it was INTENTIONAL, then Brady would have said something about it.

I mean, Bill Cowher was famous for spitting alot, but obviously he wasn't doing it intentionally. Maybe that's what Brady was saying to Smith, then: "say it don't spray it". lol

Maybe but the trurth of the matter is, we don't really know. Again, I'm not saying it was intentional.

HomelessJoe* on 12-15-2007 at 06:31 PM said:
maybe that was smith's plan, get ejected before he gets embarrassed even more
Good thing for us he stayed in the game! :D

Back