Some thoughts on today

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
Alright, first off and most importantly, not only are we 8-3, but we finally won against a team with a real shot at the super bowl. Had we lost today I'd be pissed, and I wouldn't even look forward to the playoffs. Teams who can't beat winning teams get exposed badly in the playoffs. Anyways, on to the game.

We went over the keys to victory. Some of those were met, some not. Lets cover the negative first and get it out of the way.

First off, lets tlak about protecting the football. Awful, absolutely awful. If this damn team could just protect the football, they probably beat the Colts, and in msot cases blow the Bears out this evening. There was atleast 14 points left on the board against this defense. Sure, the Bears are good at causing that. But this is happening against good teams, which is why we lose to good teams. This has got to stop, or this team wont beat anyone in the playoffs. Horrible.

The officiating. Oakland can agree. The officiating in the NFL has got to be looked at or re-hauled. Every year it gets worse and worse. Two games were nearly decided by the officials today. One was (Oakland and SD) and ours was almost. The Bears could just not punch it in against the Pats in the first half. But the second half, the Pats handled the Bears. What amde this game close? The refs made two ****ing HORRIBLE calls on the Pats, giving the Bears a free touchdown. I'm not one to complain about this much, but today was so blatant. Tell me this. If they're so ticky tack, why be one-sided? If Hawkins gets called for a WR GRABBING HIM, atleast have the ****ing decency to call PI on the defender who put his damn hand in Jackson's face! Also, how was Tillman not penalized?! HE talked trash, then grabbed Light (which was such a stupid move, which ofcourse resulted in him being slammed down) How does this not warrant an unsportsmanlike penalty? The refs call it, the game ends. Ridiculous. The league needs to look at the officials and fix them. They decide and interfere with games to much. Memo to the new commish : We, the fans, want to see football being played. Not refs! Fix it, or you will lose fans! There's a reason why no one follows the NBA nowadays!

Now for the good:)

The offense moved the ball very well against a good D, they just need to finish drives off. I'm real happy with the new turf because it really helped us. For the first time all season, Brady was able to plant his foot and make accurate throws. If you noticed, on the road Brady was always able to plant his foot. This was not the case at home. People who thought this was just suddenly a better road team were wrong. This is just as good home team as it is road. Playing on hills for a field really hurt this team tho. Bottomline, statisticly you wont see it, but the offense outside of its minor hiccups had a good game. Thank god for that new turf!

Defense had one problem tonight. The secondary. To many receivers got open. Obviously, our secondary is a problem. Its been for two years now. We need bigger, better athletes in this secondary. Oh yeah, Hobbs, who had a big mouth this offseason, is having a season for the dumps. This man is being abused! But! With that said, Samuel has really elevated his game. This man wants his money, so lets pay him as long as its reasonable. Also, I'm glad that Seymour decided to play finally. What a game 93 had out there today. If you wanna know how to play DL, look no further than today. What a great game. What I liked was how the Patriots moved Seymour inside. He's better suited as a DT than a DE.

With all that said and done, I can go on and on. The Pats are 8-3, and they have a VERY good chance to run the table. They'll have to if they want any shot at a BYE.

Game balls? Yeah boy, we got em!

Asante Samuel gets mine, with Seymour right on the outside. Both of these guys played one hell of a game!

I will be watching the tape for a more detailed look at this game, but I continue to be amazed at people who confuse Samuel's interceptions and Hobbs coverage. QBs throw at Samuel more often because he leaves a bigger cushion and takes more chances. Ellis is the Pats' #1 CB, you see it on the tape with how they choose to use him.

The Pats have to protect the football a lot better. If the Pats would have done that against some of the other teams in the league, it could have cost them.

The game was ugly but I will take the win. It was good to get a win against a good team. Also, it's too bad about Seau's injury.

sure samuel had 3 picks, but he gives up alot of catches

Hey, was anyone else (that watched the game in High Def) totally annoyed at the switches to the non-HD camera that was above the field?

It was very annoying....especially in the first half.

And all the commercials for "House" were too much!

Back