Storming the court

bighit26

Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion about fans rushing onto the court after college basketball games? Last night I had a great seat to see everyone bumrush the Carrier Dome court after the Syracuse/Georgetown game.

I'm kind of conflicted......On one hand it was a huge win for The 'Cuse, on Senior Night, against the hated Hoyas who were ranked #9 before the game.

On the other hand, this team won a national championship 4 years ago, and should probably not react like it was the biggest win in school history.

All I know for sure is that there was alot of people in a very small space, and sooner or later someone (god forbid a player) is going to get hurt. Any thoughts?

bighit26 on 02-27-2007 at 09:59 PM said:
That's a good stance.

Hmmmm, I'm at a loss.

If you don't know what Golic said cuz you don't listen to Mike and Mike, then how do you know what his stance was.

And at a loss cuz I don't listen to Mike and Mike and didn't see the game so I have no opinion.

:huh:

PatPatriot on 02-27-2007 at 09:51 PM said:
Let me guess, you listen to Mike and Mike in the morning.....

I watch them.....not only is greeny hot, I like to see what shirt he's wearing......:D

JONATHAN! on 02-27-2007 at 10:06 PM said:
Hmmmm, I'm at a loss.

If you don't know what Golic said cuz you don't listen to Mike and Mike, then how do you know what his stance was.

And at a loss cuz I don't listen to Mike and Mike and didn't see the game so I have no opinion.

:huh:

The other Mike's last name is Greenburg.

and my stance is, hey, you won the game, you wanna storm the court, just make sure grandma is out of the way......:thumb:

Mike and Mike discussed this for two (at least) segments this am...

Mike Greenburg said, (paraphrasing)...

this team won a national championship 4 years ago, and should probably not react like it was the biggest win in school history.

All I know for sure is that there was alot of people in a very small space, and sooner or later someone (god forbid a player) is going to get hurt.

Mike Golic said, (paraphrasing)...

it was a huge win for The 'Cuse, on Senior Night, against the hated Hoyas who were ranked #9 before the game.

My thoughts are I agree with Mike G....

wait for it....

Greenburg.

If Sienna had beaten GTown, then hell, storm away, but Syracuse? .... Act like you've been there before...

chiefsgal on 02-27-2007 at 10:09 PM said:
and my stance is, hey, you won the game, you wanna storm the court, just make sure grandma is out of the way......:thumb:

Thompson III put 5 walkons on the court for the last minute of the game, and sent everyone else to the locker room. The Syracuse players were all right in the middle of it, partying with the fans which is pretty cool. I'm just saying that with 100 or more fans on the court, at least a couple of them may not have the best intentions!

PatPatriot on 02-27-2007 at 10:12 PM said:
Mike and Mike discussed this for two (at least) segments this am...

Mike Greenburg said, (paraphrasing)...

this team won a national championship 4 years ago, and should probably not react like it was the biggest win in school history.

All I know for sure is that there was alot of people in a very small space, and sooner or later someone (god forbid a player) is going to get hurt.

Mike Golic said, (paraphrasing)...

it was a huge win for The 'Cuse, on Senior Night, against the hated Hoyas who were ranked #9 before the game.

My thoughts are I agree with Mike G....

wait for it....

Greenburg.

If Sienna had beaten GTown, then hell, storm away, but Syracuse? .... Act like you've been there before...

Maybe I should write for them! Or maybe the local Syracuse sports radio stole their idea. Either way I'm leaning towards the Greenburg side.

bighit26 on 02-27-2007 at 10:14 PM said:
Thompson III put 5 walkons on the court for the last minute of the game, and sent everyone else to the locker room. The Syracuse players were all right in the middle of it, partying with the fans which is pretty cool. I'm just saying that with 100 or more fans on the court, at least a couple of them may not have the best intentions!

point taken...

I'll step away since I hate both schools......no offense bighit

JONATHAN! on 02-27-2007 at 10:18 PM said:

step away, No, because this is not a fight.....:)

JONATHAN! on 02-27-2007 at 10:18 PM said:

None taken....but the fans at Ohio State did the same thing when they beat a team that, by rankings....#1 vs #2 they were supposed to beat.
I'll admit that from my seat last night , the court looked like the place to be (and probably would have been 5 or 10 years ago), but the possibility of trouble was definately there. Maybe I'm just getting old!

OK, the Ohio State fans I could understand even though the game wasn't really as great as people have been calling it. Their team hasn't been ranked #1 in about 40 years, so none of their students had been born yet. Big moment for that school.

As for Syracuse's fans... doesn't matter if that team won a national championship four years ago (although they wouldn't if a certain team had hit their damn free throws in the title game... not bitter or anything). They haven't been too good since that title, so if their fans wanted to get excited about a win, let 'em go.

Back